Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 07, 2024, 10:20:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: parents visit  (Read 12427 times)
Jennifer
« on: August 19, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I have a question that I thought you could help, I am Filipina and have been here for about
a year and a half,we just had a baby and my parents want to come over to visit, what are the                                                       steps my husband (an american) and myself need to take? and what do they need                                                                   for a visit?  Thank you in advance
Howard
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to parents visit, posted by Jennifer on Aug 19, 2001

Jennifer,

Sorry, I don't know more :c(  I have had great luck with the INS, using their customer service number.  The operators have been very helpful and haven't steered me wrong yet, unlike Embassy workers overseas!  LOL!  The web site is http://www.ins.usdoj.gov  and the Customer Service Number is 1-800-375-5283.  I wish I knew more for ya :c)  Maybe you can fill us in when you get through the process :c)

Good Luck :c)

Keep the Faith

H

Ray
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Jennifer!

Like NW Jim pointed out, they will need a visitor visa. I would start by reading the info on visas at the US Embassy Manila Web site:

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwh3024.html

Also, if they contact some travel agents in the Phils, they may be able to get some assistance with the visa procedures.

Good luck,

Ray

NW Jim
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Jennifer,

Sounds like your parents would need the B-2 Visitors visa. See http://www.travel.state.gov/visa;visitors.html.

How tough it is to get such a visa may depend on their home country, and their ability to convince the US Govmnt that they will return.

Will have to have let others address their experiences from the PI.

NW Jim
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: parents visit................Visitor..., posted by NW Jim on Aug 19, 2001

for someone living in PI, with family here?

NW Jim

Dave H2O
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Guys, help the lady out, ...how hard is ..., posted by NW Jim on Aug 20, 2001

N/T
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: