Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 09, 2024, 07:22:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CAN IT BE!!!!!  (Read 16064 times)
Bear
« on: August 24, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

1st NOA on Honey's K-3 came today.  Says it will take 30-60 days to process.  Clunk! (thats me hitting the floor).

Bear

Lori
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to CAN IT BE!!!!!, posted by Bear on Aug 24, 2001

FilipinaCupid
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Bear, I hope you were not standing on tile floor!  :-)

That is GreaT news!!!

Blessings,

Jean

Bear
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to CoNgRaTuLaTioNs!!!, posted by FilipinaCupid on Aug 25, 2001

Well actually it was concrete at the mail box.  Glad I have a hard head (hehehe).

Bear

Dave H2O
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Hey Bear,

It's a good thing that you went K-3 instead of K-1. The TSC is saying 120-150 days for the 2nd NOA. You may pass up some of your K-1 Southern neighbors.

Dave H.

Bear
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to LOL Congratulations!, posted by Dave H2O on Aug 24, 2001

Well its already been 8 months since I got married and seen my beautiful wife.  I just send $1200 buying RT airfare for Dec.  I have seen several people who filed I-129F long after me who's fiancees are here and married now.  When I think of the rest, the 30-60 days K-3 processing time, the couple of weeks to get the info to Manila, then to notify her, then for her to do the I-693 process, CFO, interview it will still be another 3 months minimum.  That puts her here about Thanksgiving (I hope) and is almost an 11 month separation.

Bear

Jimbo
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: LOL Congratulations!, posted by Bear on Aug 26, 2001

..and it all went too fast.  She was here and I was married before I knew what hit me!

Jim Shocked)

Dave H
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: LOL Congratulations!, posted by Bear on Aug 26, 2001

Hi Bear,

It gets very frustrating at times! Some of the guys going through the VSC had their fiancees here before the TSC had even sent me our 2nd NOA. Texas estimated 120-150 days for the 2nd NOA. We were lucky when  ours was approved in only 99 days.  It has been 10 months since I have been with Marife. But, 4 of those months I was fooling around with the I-129F petition paperwork. I had gone to the Philippines with the intent of marrying on my second trip, if all worked out. Due to the fact that I had been previously married in the Catholic Church  and the long processing times for the Spousal Visa (14+ months) at the time, we decided to take the fiancee route. I had to send her the G-325A to be completed and returned. The form took 5 weeks to get there by USPS Global Priority and 3 weeks to come back. Our 2nd NOA somehow reached the Manila embassy in around 2 weeks (cabled or last in the diplomatic pouch?).  Marife received the telegram fom the embassy a week later. With the new fiancee  procedures at the Manila embassy (open medical appointment and no interview) , we have probably saved a month or so. She received the Packet 3 in 4 days instead of the old 2-3 months. It looks like she will be here next month, if all continues to go well, an 11 month seperation. We have  passed several K-1 people that went through the TSC a month or more before us. You just never know when a snag will occur. We are now waiting the 7-10 days  (3-4 weeks) for Visa approval.

Good Luck!  Hang in there!

Dave H.

Deon
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Vermont doesn't count! ;o), posted by Dave H on Aug 26, 2001

Hello, I have a question for anyone.. I am to marry a foreign national (of course why else would i be here) I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on the new K3 visa.. as We've not married yet, I 'm  wondering if it best or faster processing to apply for the K3, or the FIance Visa. As this new visa has just been approved I'm unsure if anyone would have an answer at all??  In the term faster of course I'm speaking in terms of the amount of time we will have to spend apart. Orginal plan was to marry in November.  I was thinking she should seek a visitor visa so that even while the applications are being processed we might still be able to spend time together. That way, I could come and visit herr country and she could also come here to visit.. during the processing time...BUt I'm not sure if the visitor visa would still be valid after applying for the K3, or the fiance visa.  and i've also heard that these visas are hard to come by??? Does anyone have any advice ?
Dave H
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Vermont doesn't count! ;o), posted by Deon on Aug 27, 2001

Hi Deon,

The K-1 Visa (I-129F) is the quickest way to be together again (in the US) at this point. Since no one has obtained a K-3 Visa yet, we will have to wait and see. The I-130 Spousal Visa is slowwww. Go to the "Marriage-Based Visa Sites Project" for visa timelines.    http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/  

If your fiancee is from a 3rd world country (Philippines), obtaining a visitor's visa will probably be very difficult.  If she is currently in the Fiancee Visa process or already married to you, it is unlikely that a Visitors Visa will be approved. The Vistor's Visa would probably have to have been obtained before the K-1 Visa process is started or before marriage.

Q&A from the US Embassy in the Manila:  http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwhmain.html

ELIGIBILITIES

Q:  My spouse is a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident. Can I obtain a nonimmigrant visa?

A: Spouses of US citizens are usually issued visas only if the US citizen is resident in the Philippines. If you have been petitioned to immigrate, it is usually not possible to receive a nonimmigrant visa, as such a visa is not intended to allow applicants to short-cut the immigrant visa waiting period.  

If you are married to a Legal Permanent Resident of the United States, it will be difficult to overcome the presumption that you intend to immigrate to the United States to live with your spouse. We advise you to have your spouse file the immigrant visa petition as soon as possible.  

Q: Isn’t it better not to disclose that I have close relatives living in the US, that I have an immigrant visa  petition on file, or that I have previously been denied? What are the consequences if I conceal or misrepresent information or submit fraudulent documents?

A: Full disclosure is best. We understand that many people have relatives in the US but intend only a short visit, or have immigrant visa petitions on file but do not plan to immigrate at this time. It is therefore to the advantage of the applicant to disclose these facts. When an interviewing officer uncovers any attempt to conceal or misrepresent facts, the application will be denied and the applicant may in certain cases be ruled permanently ineligible to enter the United States.  

Good Luck!

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Vermont doesn't count! ;o), posted by Deon on Aug 27, 2001

But you can forget about the visitor visa idea. See my response above to IMI's question. Please use only one handle when you post so we don't all get confused :-)

Thanks and welcome aboard!

Ray

IMI
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Nobody knows, posted by Ray on Aug 27, 2001

Imi and deon are different people..
we attend the same university, and know each other.. but we are indeed two different persons.. also deon is a GUY!!!! I'm a girl.. heheheheheheh:)
Bear
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Vermont doesn't count! ;o), posted by Dave H on Aug 26, 2001

why yours was taking so long because i knew you when 2-3 months before me and should have had her here my March (or at least I though.

I know two people who filed after me here at TSC for I-129 fiancee Visas and are married now.

Bear

Dave H
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I was wondering?, posted by Bear on Aug 26, 2001

Hi Bear,

I sent the K-1 petition to the TSC on 3/15. They advised 120-150 days between the 1st NOA and the 2nd NOA. It is taking around 6-8 months for Fiancee Visas (Philippines) orginating through the TSC. When did you mail your K-3 to Chicago?

Dave H.

Bear
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I was wondering?, posted by Dave H on Aug 26, 2001

June 24th
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: