Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 12:17:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PeteE  (Read 102465 times)
Dean
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: PeteE, posted by Dean on Jan 1, 2004

Any thought on the best way to purchase a condo in Bogota...
We've located several units that we like and can afford...

I'm unfamiliar with the banking requirements and legal niceties of real estate purchase in colombia....

Looking in North Bogota, strata 3 or 4....
plenty of nice, new condos and apartments....

seems clear that the prices range from about 20,000 USD to 30,000 USD for a 3br/2ba strata 3 or 4...
600sq m to 900 sq m.

Approx 30% down...
Payment about 125USD to 150USD at current rates...

Thinking about payment in Dollars or Pesos...
leaning toward pesos at the moment...

Please comment...

Dean

Pete E
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to condo purchase in Bogota, posted by Dean on Jan 1, 2004

900 sq meters is 9700 sq ft.I think you can by an appartment for that price,but its not going to be nearly that big.You might be off by a factor of 10.
970 sq,ft.?That would be small for a 3-2,but possible.
Its 10.79 sq ft/sq mt.

Pete

Dean
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I think you got  your meters confused, posted by Pete E on Jan 1, 2004

Sorry, you're right...
60 to 90 meters squared...

I own real estate here in NC and used to in Ca, but I;m curious of the process of purchasing in Colombia...
Any real estate guidance would be appreciated...

Dean

Pete E
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I think you got  your meters confuse..., posted by Dean on Jan 1, 2004

Dean,
Jim C just completed his purchase of a condo in Cartegena.He mentioned having trouble wiring his money in to Colombia.I think you need a lawyer to make sure you are protectected in this new and strange envirenment.I will get one to review my lease.
When I was in Panama city a lady from a title company did a presentation.They insure property in all of central america and several countries in south america.She said Coplombia did have an excellent legal system but they were not there because of fear of safety.

Pete

Calipro
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I think you got  your meters con..., posted by Pete E on Jan 1, 2004

Pete

I talked to a lawyer when I was in Cali about getting a visa so I could buy an apartment there.

I don't know how true it is but she told me I could get an investment visa based on the fact that I have traveled to Colombia well over 20 times. When I told her that I want to buy an apartment she said I should buy the apartment and then apply for the visa. Sounds backwards to me but I remember Travel saying he had to buy his business before he could get his business visa.

Anyway I'm going to go to DAS with this lawyer when I go back in March. Maybe she knows who to pay off. She got me married without a marriage visa so maybe she can get me an investment visa without an investment.

If you hear anything about buying property down there without a visa, I would like to know about it.

Update on the the girl I was going out with while I was in Cali. I gave her 500,000 pesos so she could get by thru Jan. Well, she already blew that and now she has nothing. H2O was right when he said a girl like that that doesn't have any experiance will lose her money in a couple days. Also she lied to the land lady and said that I left her with nothing so she lent her 100,000 pesos. I told the land lady it was a lie and not to lend her anymore money because I'm not going to pay her back. So she is going to have to get by on what ever she has for the next two weeks and then I'm going to try sending her only half of her monthly salary to see if she can manage her money better.

The minute she really screws up and sells the furniture or TV in the apartment is the moment I will dump her. I hope H2O's predictions don't come true because then I won't be able to stay in the apartment when I go back. Got an extra room in your new apartment?Huh I might need a place to stay.

mar33
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: I think you got  your meters..., posted by Calipro on Jan 2, 2004

Furniture, TV, cellphone, rent, maybe clothes, food and money every month? This girl is rather expensive. And you only see her about 1 month a year?
Calipro
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Expensive!, posted by mar33 on Jan 2, 2004

It isn't my furniture or cellphone the food comes out of the $150 a month.
mar33
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: I think you got  your meters..., posted by Calipro on Jan 2, 2004

Calipro,
  Watch out for women who always have a sob story. There seems an abundance out there. It is always someone elses fault that are in a bad  finacial situation. Never theirs.The fact she was willing to lie about you to her landlady and make you look bad is a RED Flag.She lies! The biggest red flag of all. She does not care about you, just what you can give her.
   My friends and I were talking one day about how most cute women under 25 in the U.S (and everywhere I guess) are so predictable after a few weeks of dating,they start giving you a sob story about their rent, car payment, or some other bill not being able to get paid. It works like clockwork and usually happens a couple of weeks after you start sleeping with her.
   How in the world did most of these girls survive before? It seems they think we are an ATM,and they are entitled .
   When I decided to look for a wife. I made sure she was motivated, educated as well as beautiful. They are out there. Believe me. I want someone who can at least take care of herself and is not so dependent on me. Getting ahead in life financially is hard enough.
  Look what happened to Pete. It took 1 person to ruin his credit and his investments.

Calipro
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: I think you got  your me..., posted by mar33 on Jan 2, 2004

[This message has been edited by Calipro]

The last three days I was in Cali she never left my side. I always count my money before I go to bed or take a shower. Well after I took a shower one night I counted my money and I was a 20,000 peso short. I told her never take money from me again without asking or I'll break her fingers.

RED FLAG!! Hey I never said I loved her because I don't lie. But, she lies and says she loves me all the time. Kind of cute actually. Anyway it really doen't matter what she says or does she only going to get $150 a month. She is a girlfriend nothing more , nothing less. I'll be down in Cali in early March to spend time with her. If anybody is going to be in town, feel free to give me a call.

I don't think Pete's situation really aplies to me. I'm not that nice of a guy.

Fuzzyone
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to She steals to!!, posted by Calipro on Jan 2, 2004

Look at dude... my last wife was that way...stole from her mother... lied
to me all the time... cut her loose as soon as possible... what will you do
if she gets knocked up?
lswote
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Man, don't you see it?  How can you be so blind to the choice of women you make?  Going after a woman strictly because she is the hottest one you can get just isn't working for you.  It is the same thing over and over for you.  Find hot babe.  Hot babe screws up or screws you over.  Drop hot babe.  Find another hot babe.  Repeat process.  

With your choices it will never be: Find hot babe who is a good woman but maybe not the hottest possible.  Have good life with hot babe.

Calipro
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: I think you got  your me..., posted by lswote on Jan 2, 2004

First you have to give them a little rope to hang themselves with or you will never know. Most of these young women are not evil just a little dumb. Will see what happens if she can make it till March I'll be happy. If she can make it throught March I have plans for her but she will never be coming here.
lswote
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I think you got  you..., posted by Calipro on Jan 2, 2004

Calipro, why would you want a woman you will only be with a few weeks a year?  Even the US Postal Service can't have that great of a vacation deal. I can't imagine you getting much more than 4 weeks a year vacation where you can visit Cali, so what about the other 48 weeks of the year when you are stuck in the US?  I know you have talked of other women in other places besides Colombia to help you pass the time when you are not in Cali, but this just doesn't seem like much of a life to me, no matter how beautiful the women are or loving in the sack.  My wife went back to Bogota yesterday because she is having our baby there and will be gone for about the next 3 months and for me it is like my life just stopped and I am just spinning my wheels until she returns to me.  I can't imagine how you would enjoy your situation no matter how hot and pleasurable the women are.
Calipro
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I think you got ..., posted by lswote on Jan 2, 2004

[This message has been edited by Calipro]

The real reason I am even messing around with this girl is because the intimate relationship with her is very, very good and she doen't mind if I see other women (or so she says). I don't feel like have to hide a thing from her.

Vaction time is like this. I have 208 hours of anual leave a year plus eleven paid holidays that I usually work if I'm not already on vaction because if I work them I can use the time as vaction time. The way it works out is I can take 7 nine day vactions to Cali a year and still have 2 days left over.

Iswote

I'm a single guy. I'm exactly sitting on my hands here in the U.S. waiting for my next trip to Cali so I can have some fun. I don't travel to Cali because I can't get a date here in the U.S. I travel to Cali because I really prefer women from Cali. There is a difference!! And one day I'll bring another one back but it won't be this girl ( I don't think!).

Pete E
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

First I have to get an apartment,but good chance.I better have one by then,I'm sure I will.
H2-Oh is a little cynical but it comes from lots of Colombian experience.He is usually right.I immagine it has occured to you what could be going on in the apartment you paid for.Seems she is not in to playing you for the long run which is probably good for you.How did she spend 500,000 pesos?She is  just probably is telling you that to get more. And how did this poor chica get a cell phone and what does she need it for?
I know this wasn't a long term plan for you but you expected it to last through your next vacation at which point it could make financial sence.
But for screw ups mine has to be the costliest one I know of.

Pete

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: