Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 03, 2024, 07:56:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TO ALL MEMBERS - THE CHALLENGE!!!....  (Read 8222 times)
KnowledgeIsPwr
« on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

To All!,

I've had some really good, and enriching discussions with a lot of you, and I wanted to expand the dialogue by posting some additional food for thought.

You don't have to answer this openly, but any and all feedback is GREATLY APPRECIATED, AND MORE THEN WELCOMED!

I just want to keep ALL OF OUR minds moving/thinking!

To get us started, I challenge you to digest, and think critically about the following quote.

It reads:

"My God, these folks don't know how to love -- that's why they love so easily."
-D. H. Lawrence

-THE CHALLENGE!!!:  "Tell me that you can't, or couldn't find what you seek here in the US!"

Ask yourselves the following questions, and consider your answers.

"What is it that you really seek?"
"What's your path for getting yourself there?"
"What's your exit plan if you don't find it?"    

*** Potential Benefits of an American woman
-Better communication because you'd find someone whom more then likely already speaks your most commonly used tongue.

-You'd probably save more money not having to travel to a foreign country.

-NO, immigration issues (in most cases).

-the list goes on.

And PLEASE don't give me any of that BS about attitude, materialism, un-appreciative, etc. etc.  They're out there, and if you spent just as much time trying to find them here in the US as you do abroad, you'd probably find them in have the time, with half the hassles.

I'm not trying to stop anybody from pursuing anything, but rather to try in invoke some real, honest dialogue, and real thoughts about the paths we've choosen to take.

As for me (KIP), I'm seeking to enrich the life of some special someone who is just by chance, or circumstance, less fortunate then myself.  I'm not looking to give charity, nor am I looking for someone who's going to worship me.  But rather, someone whom can stand by me, and be my partner. My friend!

Kind of personal, yeah I'll admit, but I'm about PUTTING UP, or shouting UP!  I'm not going to post a challenge, and not be willing to step up to the plate, and grab the bull by the horns.

I challenge you ALL to do the same.

Best Wishes, and I look forward to the the VERY few replies I might recieve.

KIP

papa suave
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to TO ALL MEMBERS - THE CHALLENGE!!!...., posted by KnowledgeIsPwr on Dec 27, 2002

It seems to me you have spent an awful lot of time and thought criticizing us. In your profile you claim to have an interest in latin women. It's none of your business as to why we pursue women abroad. Grow some gonads and take a trip, try it out, maybe then you'll understand. I've never seen you on this forum before, you come lashing out insults in all directions claiming that you are providing food for thought. NO ONE ASKED FOR THE BS YOU ARE PROVIDING!!! That was quite possibly the most ludicrous post I have ever read on this forum. Is that the kind of response you were hoping for?
Pete E
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to TO ALL MEMBERS - THE CHALLENGE!!!...., posted by KnowledgeIsPwr on Dec 27, 2002

Kip,
What it really came down to for me was finding a woman attractive enough for me to be interested in her.I hadn't been able to find that kind of woman in the US since my early 40's.As I got older,no way it was going to happen.There were some nice women,but I just couldn't accept what they looked like.I wanted an attractive woman or why bother.Well in Colombia you can have the attractive woman.Plain and simple she is available.Yes there are problems associated with it.For a guy who doesn't want to settle for grandma its worth it.
Now if your finding what you want here good luck.Reminds me of what Arnold Swartzenegger said when someone asked him why work out.He said if you look in the mirror and like what you see then you don't need to.Same for the woman.If you like what you can get here go for it.I think if that was the case we wouldn't be hearing from you here.
So why knock guys who find what they want elsewhere?You got a problem with that?
And if you don't believe the difference in quality of woman available you need to take a plane ride.Its true.Thats what this whole deal is about.
Now is this just a sit in front of your computer mind f-ck for you or are you interested in changing your life?

Pete

lswote
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

You said you didn’t want to hear about the women’s’ attitudes, because if we really looked here in the states we could find the same thing.  Well I read in your profile that your age is 33.  I got married for the first time when I was 32 to a beautiful 26-year-old American woman.  But try being my current age of 49 where the only women who will go out with you are unattractive, embittered, women of 45 who feel they don’t even need you (assuming they don't tell you that you are too old for them, which has happened to me and I look young for my age).  When you are my age, then if you still want to make the statement about how there are good women out there in the United States if you just looked, then I will give you some credibility, but at 33 you don’t even know what the majority of us men who are looking to Latin women are up against.  I have been divorced for 4 years and I sometimes think prison would be a kinder place to be.  Older American women who are not in happy relationships are not women you want relationships with and I have yet to see an exception to the rule.

By the way, I am writing this from the internet café of the Hotel La Fontana in Bogota, and my Colombian fiancée just left to go home for the evening, so don’t think I don’t know how Colombian women stack up against American women.

DallasSteve2
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to There is no challenge because you don't ..., posted by lswote on Dec 28, 2002

So true.  I'm 46.  By mid-40s the harvest is over.  I tried starting over with AW first.  It's either stay alone, spend your money on unattractive women, or take a chance and go to another country.

After going to Colombia my view of women is completely warped.  I was watching Spanish television yesterday and I saw two different Latinas.  One looked old and unattractive.  The other looked just right.  Then they showed their ages.  33 and 18.  That's what happens to you when you start browsing the agencies' websites and catalogs.

Adios AW.  

Steve

jim c
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ages, posted by DallasSteve2 on Dec 28, 2002

Why Stevie, you old pediphile. shame on you. Hmmmm just wait till you turn sixty it gets worse. I'll take the 33 year old any day.  jim c
DallasSteve2
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ages, posted by jim c on Dec 29, 2002

I feel so ashamed.  Bad boy.

Or, as someone (who will turn 60 next year) used to sing:

I'm no schoolboy, but I know what I like.

Steve

anzo
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Sure, there's some great American women out there. But...many are married. Many others have baggage emotional and otherwise. And, because this is my life, I can be as picky as I want to be. I'm 46 and due to relative poverty and immaturity earlier in life, I let some really good ones slip by. Then came the 7 yr marriage to the Russian. Everything I've done in has brought me to this point.Still young enough to start a family, old and experienced enough (for me) to be able to provide the things these (any, I suppose) ladies seem to value most. But I'm not interested in a 35 or 40 yr old woman to start a family with, and there are precious few desirable 30 yr olds here that want to be with a 46 yr old, regardless of me having $ or being in great physical shape. So overseas we go. I have a lady in Cali who is wonderful. Quite young. All heart and soul. Zero % chance of finding her equal here. And I don't mind the travel a bit. Being apart does test the commitment of both parties. And I must admit, I love being able to help out her and her family- I suppose some may say it's an ego thing. Well so what. As for an exit strategy if things don't work out with any of them? My sailboat is ready to head out.
Regards,
Anzo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: