Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 05:28:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cost at Embassy in Bogota  (Read 4810 times)
Hiker
« on: December 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I am getting married in Cali the month of March.  Tonight I decided to build an itemized cost list.  I am unclear on the cost in Bogota.

I see the medical is about 70 dollars.  I am thinking that I pay 130.00 dollars when I file the I-130, and then I pay 335.00 the date of the interview.  Does this sound right?

DallasSteve2
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cost at Embassy in Bogota, posted by Hiker on Dec 10, 2002

I did a K1 visa and the medical costs ended up being over $100.  I think they told her she needed some vaccinations and they gouged her on the cost.  She could get vaccinations elsewhere for $5, but who wants to drive around Bogota looking for another clinic while you're trying to get your visa done.

I don't know about the $335.  I don't think I had to pay that on the K1.

My fiancee also told me that the doctor at the "approved clinic" told her she had to take off her clothes for the exam.  She didn't take off her panties and he told her to take them off, too.  She refused and he let her pass the exam anyway.  I think he was just a lecherous Colombiano trying to get a cheap thrill.

Steve

AlexG32
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Cost at Embassy in Bogota, posted by DallasSteve2 on Dec 10, 2002

Steve, do you or your fiance know which vaccinations are required.  Thanks in advance!
El Diablo
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Cost at Embassy in Bogota, posted by DallasSteve2 on Dec 10, 2002

Steve,

He's not talking about a K1 but a spousal visa.  The spousal visa has a different fee schedule.  

El Diablo

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: