Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 07, 2024, 10:16:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: But Seriously Now...  (Read 2015 times)
wizard
« on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

We are all here for a purpose… For our own reasons everyone on this board is seeking or has found a foreign soulmate… Bad experiences with AW, fantasies about younger more attractive partners, someone with the family values that are so illusive in this country, etc… Just like any endeavor, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not… Granted, some of us have more/less to offer than others, but the underlying fact is we ALL want someone to share our lives with and to feel fulfilled… Just like life, you get out of it what you put in… If you have unrealistic expectations you are kidding yourself… Patrick has commented more than once that before starting the process you should look in the mirror, take a gut check and get rid of all your baggage…

There has been a lot of flaming lately between those who think the process works and those who have been burned… Bottom line, everyone’s experience is different… Sometimes useful information comes from these posts but most of the time it becomes a battle to see who has the highest testosterone count…

I think (my opinion) the argument over the length of time you know someone before taking the big step is irrelevant… I have AM/AW friends that knew each other for 2 months, got married and have been together for years… In the same vane, I also know AM/AW couples that had been together for 10 years before they got married and then were divorced within a year…

To those of you who are making this work, more power to you… My hat is off to you…

For those of you who have had failed relationships with foreign ladies, whether they were LW, AW (Asian Women) or FSUW, something went very wrong…

Aside from the normal problems that arise in any relationship, many of you have alluded to the fact that fundamental cultural differences between AM and foreign ladies contributed to the failure of your relationship… What are some of the things you have encountered that you would classify as cultural differences???

Pete E
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to But Seriously Now..., posted by wizard on Jun 29, 2002

Good post,
I agree that time you know the person is not the cure all,although it might help in the case of guys who move very fast.It comes down to judgement about the other person and theirs about you.There are alot of cultural differences for sure,but I think they are easier to overcome than individual differences that can be almost impossible to fix.
There are as many combinations of individual differences as individuals.
I would say try to keep a clear head but go with your gut instinct.This can be tricky when  you have in front of you the woman you think you always wanted.There are no guarantees,here or there.Do your best,if you screw up admit it and move on.One problem it is more difficult to have a long courtship spending time together while you decide what you want to do.Because of this sometimes you find out by diving in,after taking a good look of course.
One thing I said before diving in to my marriage.It was sure to be more interesting than what I was doing before,which has  certainly been true.
Life is a risk.To be totally safe is to miss it.I remember funny little cards with sayings by a guy named Ashleigh Brilliant.One showed a cave with 2 little eyes peering out.It said"If you are carefull enough nothing bad or good will ever happen to you."

Pete

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: