Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 28, 2024, 04:22:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iligan City  (Read 10374 times)
Mabuhy
« on: May 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I have a question? Has anyone been to Iligan City before? Can you tell me what kind of place place it is? I am probably going down there in November.  I hope it's safe. Thank you in advance.

Mabuhy

Mabuhy
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Iligan City, posted by Mabuhy on May 27, 2001

Thanks for your suggestions. Actually I'l be meeting her in Manila. It won't be for a while as she is working in Singapore. We will meet in November sometime.

Thanks Again

Mabuhy

cc
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I have been to Cagayan several times and it is VERY safe, however, when you venture out further southwest towards Iligan, you are getting into muslim territory. Iligan is "borderline" and I would say it is "reasonably" safe. Certainly better than Zamboanga. Nevertheless, if you can arrange your penpal to meet you in Cagayan, that would be better Happy traveling!
Stephen
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

My wife Tess is from Butuan City.  She tells me that Iligan City is not safe territory.

I have visited Cagayan de Oro with Tess and spent several days there with her.  Cagayan de oro is a couple of hours from Iligan City, and is a safe place to be.

You might want to consider having your lady come to Cebu to meet you.  This would be a LOT safer.  I really think you are going into a potentially dangerous area in Iligan City.

Just my opinion.

Stephen

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: