Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 07:09:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paula Zahn has sold us out!  (Read 39575 times)
ChrisA
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Paula Zahn has sold us out!, posted by SoCal Jeff on Jan 6, 2002

I didn't see this show but maybe Fox's ratings are going down. What else gets viewers interest up more than reports about "teen-age sex slaves?"

To marry and sponsor a foreigner then abuse her is like begging "please divorce me and devastate my financial future."

There are simply too many financial risks for a guy to marry one except out of than true love.

I can't speak for any ladies other than my own (Filipina). But after 2 1/2 half years, it's obvious she is only in it for love too.

Was this a national show or local show in Cali?
What did the prostitute say?
Did they interview any couples?
What was the point of the show?

curt
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Paula Zahn has sold us out!, posted by SoCal Jeff on Jan 6, 2002

Paula Z has always been a joke.  As for your mail to Fox, where do you get YOUR facts?

"cream of the crop in their own countries where highly educated, intelligent women are often not considered marriage material. In your INVESTIGATION, you would also have discovered that the incidence of violence is LOWER than with American/American couples, the divorce rate is FAR LOWER, and in general these marriages are happy and successful."

These may be your misguided opinions but they are not the facts.

Ray
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Paula Zahn has sold us out!, posted by curt on Jan 6, 2002

cbf (or whatever handle you're going by these days),

I was just curious. Why is it that if someone else’s opinions are different from yours, then that person’s opinions are “misguided”?

Do you believe that your opinions are necessarily better than everyone else’s?

Ray

curt
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Opinions, posted by Ray on Jan 8, 2002

When someone states as fact things that are contrary to fact or not supported by fact, then my opinion is that they are misguided opinions.
Ray
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Opinions, posted by curt on Jan 8, 2002

Then could you please give us the REAL facts on American/foreign divorce rates? I'm not necessarily agreeing with the 20% figure, but I haven't seen anything tangible to refute it with.

Ray

Niall
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Facts, posted by Ray on Jan 8, 2002

That "20%" figure is based on nothing more than client testimonials collected by the agencies themselves. Anecdotal evidence is never enough to substantiate a claim or prove a hypothesis. Just ask a medical expert or any scientist on this -- you need carefully gathered and measured data before you can use it to support a claim, and the honest truth is, nobody knows for sure the success rates for mail order marriages because reliable data is simply not available.

Niall (From the Russian board)

Ray
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Facts (Surely you're not that naive), posted by Niall on Jan 8, 2002

Niall,

Your opinions are always welcome here on the Asian board, but it’s really not necessary over here to call each other names.

No, I’m not naïve. Please read my reply again. I never said that I agreed with the figures in the report. I am not trying to substantiate their claim or prove a hypothesis. I was merely asking cbf/Curt to show us HIS facts.

He repeatedly criticizes anyone who uses those figures from the government report and claims that it’s only their “misguided opinions” that are not supported by the facts. If you are going to jump someone for misstating the facts, then it’s only fair to present the real facts to support your position. Now, I would tend to agree with you that reliable data on this topic is not available. However, cbf/Curt has told us in the past that the actual hard statistics show that the failure rate in these foreign marriages is at least as high if not higher than in those between two Americans. I only wish that he would share those “hard statistics” with us so that we can all learn something from them.

Again, welcome to the Asian board.

Ray

curt
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Who's Naive?, posted by Ray on Jan 8, 2002

nt
curt
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

It is interesting that you have now taken my position (that no reliable data exists) and try to discredit me by FALSELY representing my position.  You would make WJC and Algore proud.
Ray
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Who's Naive?, posted by curt on Jan 8, 2002

cbf (AKA Curt),

Nobody needs to try to discredit you. You do a good job of that yourself every time you post here. Why should anyone take you seriously when you can’t even stick to one handle?

Now if you are attempting to call me a liar, why don't you just say so in plain English and quit beating around the bush.

Ray

curt
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Try to discredit you?, posted by Ray on Jan 8, 2002

nt
curt
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Try to discredit you?, posted by Ray on Jan 8, 2002

nt
curt
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Where I have stated the words you attribute to me!!!  In fact, in this thread, I have said there were none!
Ray
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I challenge you to show, posted by curt on Jan 8, 2002

Since your memory is so bad, you’ll find this in archive 028.

Original Post:

GOOD REPORTS! :-)
Posted by Ron on October 01, 2000 at 08:10:35:
From internet access server uhiuhi009.lava.net at IP address 64.65.74.105
We hear so many bad reports about foreign marriages. We hear about the boyfriends waiting back home, the money scams, etc...
However, the actual hard statistics point to an overwhelming success rate among foreign marriages compared to those marriages involving two americans. So why do we not hear about the successes? Why are they not posted here?

Your reply:

The actual
Posted by cbf on October 07, 2000 at 02:56:14:
From internet access server spider-tr042.proxy.aol.com at IP address 152.163.201.192
In Reply to: GOOD REPORTS! :-) posted by Ron on October 01, 2000 at 08:10:35:
hard statistics show that the failure rate is at least as high if not higher.

Now how about sharing those “hard statistics” with us? Of course, knowing you, I’m sure you’ll try to weasel your way out of this one too.

Ray

curt
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to OK Mr. Mouth, posted by Ray on Jan 9, 2002

name calling when they in fact are NOT name calling but YOU are the one that gets off on name calling?Huh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: