Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 29, 2024, 05:39:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike what's your age and acid test  (Read 2372 times)
Ruben
« on: November 06, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

You say Mexican women are better than Colombean women. How can you judge if you have never been to Colombia. I am Mexican/American and have been to Colombia and have travel all over Mexico, My First wife was from Mexico. I have famely in Mexico. And have been to Colombia 6 times.

I know that if you go to Colombia  you will have a better time, and operturnity to find the women that you are looking for.

I am sorry that you are basing everything on one women that you have contact with.

mike k
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Mike what's your age and acid test, posted by Ruben on Nov 6, 2001

If 50% of Colombian-gringo marriages end in divorce, which seems to be the norm from what I have been gathering from this board, why is everybody saying how great Colombia is? There have been many guys that have many happy marriages with Colombian women and many that have not. It is not just one Colombian women that I have been talking to. I have been actively talking to about a dozen. My father is a retired U.S. customs agent from the U.S. Mexican-border and I grew up in Arizona and he is the one I learned Spanish from. Many of these guys that don't speak spanish, don't know what they are getting into with alot of these Colombian women, the only way you can really get to know them is by speaking their language. I think this is part of the reason for the 50% failure rate among these marriages and why many of these guys get hustled. I am first to admit the women are better in Colombia then Mexico after studying it further and I admit those women on the website were not as hot as the Colombia ones looking at it a second time so I guess I was wrong on that one. All those guys saying I should find women here, I will explain that a little better. It is not that I have trouble meeting women in the U.S., It is just most of the women I meet in the U.S. are not as nearly as attractive as latinas, and for all those guys trying to tell me to find a Latina is the U.S. in Arizona and New Mexico and Texas fine you can find them there no problem, but I live in Detroit which  has about 300,000 Mexicans, I went to try to pick up Latinas in their neighborhood. Ive been going to one of the best latin bars in Michigan, the majority of the single ones are over 200 pounds and the ones that are cute are already married. I sometimes wish I lived in the Southwest, but anyway the girl I found in Mexico I like, speaks English and I speak good Spanish so there is no problems communicating. She is as cute as 90% of the girls in Colombia. I just think I lucked out I guess before even going to Colombia. I just think about the overall package of the girl personality, education, looks etc and how quickly they adapt living here IS MORE IMPORTANT then just looks. It is not just earning potential I look at, and for all the guys saying that why does she want me if she can be so succesful on here own? well she already has a work permit so shes not after me for that. She could move to the U.S. anytime she wants without me. The reason she wants a relationship is because im not bad looking, nice, caring and everything else this is the same reason many american girls are attracted to me. It is easy to find attractive women with out brains in the u.s., and it is easy to find ugly women with brains in the U.S. but to find an attractive women with brains and beauty it is sooooo much easier to find in other countries.
Roberto
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Mike what's your age and acid test, posted by mike k on Nov 6, 2001

So According to you, Colombia ain't one of those countries where you can find a good brained woman???

Okay "good looking" guy, I wish you luck with your Mexicanita. But before, let me remember you something, there are women that even when they do have money, they just want more, so your concept lacks of solid basis or argument. And for last, I got this impression, that you just had so bad experiences with Colombian women (even when you don't say it)that you have given up. It is just that Colombian women aren't as easy as some from other countries. So as advice, "Yeah, keep on looking in Mexico".

Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Mike what's your age and acid test, posted by mike k on Nov 6, 2001

This endeavor isn't about statistics or which country has better hunting grounds for women, it's about one man meeting one women, falling in love and living happily ever after. My wife and I spoke little of each other's language when we met and spent nearly three years dating long distance. I made three trips there and she made two here. I believe meeting someone with a visa and having her visit the US helps considerably when it comes to the culture shock of her moving here. BUT.. The vast majority of my wife & my problems and misunderstandings at first were not language problems. In fact non-fluency in each other's language was probably an asset at times, since the emotion was often defused in heated conversations while we both looked up words in dictionaries. The real trouble came from cultural differences, that is, differences in expectations of each other's roles in the marriage, that's where the majority of the friction arose. We've worked through them and have settled into a really good lifestyle now, but not without considerable adaptation by both parties. One thing's for certain, the reality of marriage is vastly different than the fantasy of it - some parts better, some worse, but all different. Just my 2 cents worth.
-- Jeff S.
Hoda
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Mike, mike, mike....

Folks are trying to cut you a little slack. But you keep cutting your own throat!!!! You said, that from what you gatherered here, on the PL board, that 50% of all the marriages to Colombians ended in divorce? Where the hell did you find that here? Go check your figures again! You said, you tried to "pick-up" women in latin bars in Detroit? Have you tried other avenues to meet latinas in your area other than just that one bar you mentioned. Why don't you try a few of the US based latin online meeting sites, that have latinas you could start sharing e-mails & phone calls with. Since you're soooo cost conscience, a trip to the southwest would probaly be cheaper than going to mexico. Huh oh...you mentioned the words "attracted to"!!! Maybe in the future you'll graduate to saying the word "love". perish the thought.

later.....

tommi
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Until you get off your a-- and actually visit Colombia, or any other Latin country for that fact, your just basing any conclusions you have on a few minutes you spend surfing the web. Maybe you should do a little more researching and travelling before you post your knee jerk messages.

By the way, what's with you always referring to your lady as my "Mexican?" I'm sure she deserves a more feminine and gracious name than that...don't you?

Nothing personal....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: