Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 07, 2024, 11:55:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Los Angeles dinner  (Read 5596 times)
Windmill Boy
« on: April 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Greetings Fron Guangzhou China  everyone.

A couple  minor  mishaps  but  overall  every thing is going  well  so far.   went  on the side trip to Guilin  ( area with all the  strange looking  mountains)  and  came  back  from Hong Kong  yesterday -  Bought the 2  wedding rings .  Now  we  will spend the next few  days  getting  our  affairs in order before  returning  to LA  next  week.  

Looking to get  together  with  Jeff S,  Stephen, and Bob S  and  their  better  halves  and  any one  else  who wishes  to join us from the LA  area  for  dinner in torrence on thursday  april 14 th  at 7 30 at  the Japanese  restarant  we  went  to last  year before I left  california.  Can you  please  give  me the name and the location  for the restaurant?

Looking foeward to seeing tou all and introducing Kat  to you  guys.

ERIC

Bob S
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Los Angeles dinner, posted by Windmill Boy on Apr 7, 2005

[This message has been edited by Bob S]

Udon Restaurant: Sanuki no Sato
18206 S. Western Ave
Gardena, CA 90248

SE corner of 182nd and Western.

Coming south on 405, take the Western Ave. exit.  It dumps you onto 190th. Turn left on 190th, then left on Western.
Coming north on 405, take the Western Ave. exit a little past the 110 FWY. Turn right at the end of the offramp.

So, we got 3 couples so far.  Anybody else?  I can call in reservations under the name of "Eric" if we get enough people to require a bigger table.

Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sanuki no Sato, posted by Bob S on Apr 8, 2005

Oops, you're right 182nd and Western - 82nd and Western was where that 13 year old boy who stole the car and was joyriding was shot by police in South Central.

Hey Bob. I remember you went to a sumo match - did you ever go to the one of the sumo stables where they work out? We're not going to be in Tokyo during a tournament, but I understand some stable masters will let you watch the training if you ask nicely. I'd like to see some of those guys up close.

Also, in your Tokyo area travels, ever come across any good Jomon era museums or other Japanese ancient history resources? Also looking for good ancient Japanese naval architecture resources. I researching Jomon era maritime skills for a new book.

- Jeff

Bob S
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Sanuki no Sato, posted by Jeff S on Apr 8, 2005

And if you know someone who speaks Mongolian, you can even chat with some of their top performers. \( )/

The only museums I went to in Tokyo were the Edo-Tokyo Museum ( http://www.edo-tokyo-museum.or.jp/english/index.html ) which has a little about the marine history around Tokyo bay, and the Japanese Sword Museum ( http://www.wguides.com/city/80/168_33464.cfm ) which doesn't really cover what you need.
Though when I think of Japanese maritime history, I'm more inclined to think of the Seto Inland Sea which has a longer tradition than Tokyo.  If you find anything interesting around Osaka if you get that far south, please let me know.

Stephen
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

We look forward to seeing you folks.  I'll make sure we have the address so we can be there.

Stephen  & Tess

Jeff S
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Eric! Congrats to you and Kat. I'll bet you're excited about starting a new chapter in your life.

That resturaunt is "Sanuki" on the corner of 82nd Street and Western Ave in Gardena (the Western Ave. exit off the 405 Freeway.) Unfortunately, on the 14th, Mariko and I will be winging our way to Tokyo, so will be unable to attend. Wave as we pass you somewhere over the North Pacific. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing you guys. Well, hopefully someone will take some pictures.

- Jeff

Ekas
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Los Angeles dinner, posted by Jeff S on Apr 7, 2005

n/t
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: