Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 03, 2024, 04:12:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting married in the US or the PHilippines  (Read 4978 times)
Romello
« on: March 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Thanks guys for the info on bringing my kids to the Philippines.  They seem to want to do that then see Mickey in Florida this year.  My question is this.  I want to file the K-1 and I want to marry in the US.  However, I would like for her family to have a little something to do.  I thought of having a small wedding there with her family.  Is this wise or will it mess up my K-1?
Esiang
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Getting married in the US or the PHilipp..., posted by Romello on Mar 6, 2005

Get Fiancee visa first....
Then after a couple of years she's been here and you really
want another wedding in the Phils. just do it.
If not just have a little celebration for her family
before she comes here.
Ray
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Getting married in the US or the PHilipp..., posted by Romello on Mar 6, 2005

Darryl,

Yes it will mess up your K-1. The fiancée visa is only for UNMARRIED people wishing to marry in the U.S. She can NOT use a K-1 visa to enter the country if she is already married!

If you want to marry over there, then you must petition her for a CR-1 spouse visa with a Form I-130 AFTER the wedding.

What does she want for a wedding?

Ray

Bear
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Married is married in all matters pertaining to the US government. Your visa would change to a K-3 and although add a few huhndred dollars to the cost it would only a few months to the time.  Like I said below I think its worth it - it was for us.

The Bear Family

Ray
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Getting married in the US or the PHi..., posted by Bear on Mar 6, 2005

Bear,

The K-3 visa has become almost worthless since the NBC in Missouri decided that it is not a priority for them. Instead of issuing a quick visa while you are waiting for the CIS to process the I-130, the K-3 is now taking longer in most cases. They have been taking 7-8 months (or more) to approve a K-3 petition and the typical time for CIS to approve an I-130 for a spouse is around 1-3 months now. It’s probably just a waste of money to file a K-3 since very few folks ever end up using it anymore.

Ray

Bear
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to K-3 sux, posted by Ray on Mar 6, 2005

nm
Stephen
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

If you have a "little wedding" there, then you will will be totally married.  No need to marry in the USA.

Stephen

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: