Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 02, 2024, 06:05:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions-Interview in Manila  (Read 2572 times)
Howard
« on: June 26, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Guy/Gals,

Has anyone gone through/had their Fiancee go through an interview in Manila Recently?

Gerlie's is in a few weeks--YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA... Ahem, sorry... let me regain composure Tongue--and she is just curious how it goes now.  I have never been on that side of the table, so I have no expiriences to share with her, unfortunately.  I know Nox's Fiancee will go through the whole thing a month after Gerlie--Yeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa for NOX Tongue--and I'm sure she would appreciate the same info.

Is the Interview like an AOS interview?  I am under the impression it's become more about haveing the proper forms than an actual interview and that any questions they may ask mostly will pertain to the paperwork. Am I way off base???

I am also under the impression that Gerlie will know she is approved before she leaves Manila, but she will have to go back to Davao and wait for her Visa to be sent via courier.  True???  I believe someone said it takes about 15 days?  True???

I will have Gerlie give me a blow by blow account for those still waiting.  I sure would love to have a little information to calm her nerves in the mean time Smiley

Thanks is Advance!

The Faith has NEVER been stronger!!!

H

Ray
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Questions-Interview in Manila, posted by Howard on Jun 26, 2004

Hi H,

How the interview goes depends mostly on who she gets for an interviewer. Most of the Filipino pre-screeners are nice and polite but I hear that one Filipina lady is real beeatch. Most of the ladies said their interview with the consular officer was pleasant, but there seems to be one American guy who is a real obnoxious A-hole, so it All depends on the luck of the draw when she gets there.

The paperwork questions are mostly handled at St. Luke’s during her medical exam. The embassy staff is more concerned with keeping terrorists out and busting fraudulent marriages and immigration fraud.

She should expect questions about how you met, how many times and how long you were there for a visit, where you work, what kind of work you do, what the name of your dog is, when are you going to quit smoking, that sort of thing… They like to see lots of photos, so have her bring along extra pics and extra letters just to be prepared. Tell her to carefully screen the letters she submits for evidence to make sure thee is nothing incriminating or illegal in there. Mushy love letters are great :-). They just want to make sure that the relationship is genuine and she is knowledgeable of your personal life. There shouldn’t be any problem in your case.

Sometimes they will question your financial status or income based on your tax returns and other evidence submitted with your I-134, so make sure she has copies of your ‘complete’ tax returns for 2001, 2002, & 2003 in case they ask. If your income before adjustments is above the poverty level, you should be O.K.

Also make sure she has a complete copy of your annulment decree and copies of your I-129F petition, your G-325A, etc., because they will often question her on info contained in those docs from your file. It’s also a good idea to bring a recent copy of her baptismal cert if she has one.

Sometimes they will delay the visa approval pending a marriage index check with NSO, more documentation of birth or ID, or for further security checks, which usually takes another 3-4 weeks or so. If she is approved on the spot, the visa will usually be delivered in a week or so, but I wouldn’t book a flight until she has it in her hands.

Ray

Howard
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Interview in Manila, posted by Ray on Jun 26, 2004

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: