Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 02, 2024, 07:13:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Carmen  (Read 3282 times)
Minnesota guy
« on: August 18, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Dear Steven & Tess, Ray, Jeff S., and others,
     Thank you for your comments & responding to my question. Coming to America has been kind of hard for me. When I first came I did not sleep on the plane cause I was so excited. Bill brought me to our house and I was happy to be with him but also sad cause I think he live in mountain area. When I am little in Leyte I was scared of mountains and then it look like that here. I thought I come to perfect house with nice appliances and big kitchen. Bill told me he not have running water and outside toilet. I thought he joking with me but no. I should of believed him and my Aunt who live next door here in Minnesota. First winter is very hard. Bill carry water to  house and I am afraid to go outside to bathroom at night. I never know what cold is really like before. Bill makes very warm fire in stove and I spent lot of time inside. I have job soon after I come here working in seed room at nursery filling orders. All seed names are in latin. I remember names in my head but I cannot say it.
    Last year we make lot of changes to house. We get running water and inside bathroom with toilet and shower. Kitchen is much better now and this summer we build new deck. I get my driver license last year and it not to hard. I am taking English classes in town. It is easy and I meet lots of people from other countries. I know 8 other Filipinas here and it nice to have my Aunt and cousin living near us. I go back to Leyte on vacation every year now I think I adjust OK. Yesterday we have 2 year anniverary of our wedding. I am happy but America different than what I thought.
Stephen
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Greetings from Carmen, posted by Minnesota guy on Aug 18, 2004

Happy 2nd anniversary. And welcome to the board. And yes America is different, although I learn to love it here. I can't imagine myself not going home every year.

Tess

Stephen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Greetings from Carmen, posted by Minnesota guy on Aug 18, 2004

Good to hear from you.

Just look at all the changes you're making in Bill's life.

Keep us posted.  And don't be shy.

Stephen & Tess Brittain

Dave H
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Carmen,

Happy to hear that you are adjusting to life in America and those cold Minnesota winters!

Dave H.

Jeff S
Wow
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

I knew Bill was a rural type guy, but no inside plumbing in Minnesota in the winter? I grew up in Minnesota, outside St Paul, but we had central heat and two bathrooms. Getting out of a warm bed to head to the outhouse in some of those 40 below nights makes me pucker just thinking about it. You're one brave lady coming from the tropics. I guess you really did have some adjusting to do.

Congratulations for your anniversary. Glad to hear you can drive, have a job, and are taking classes.

I can imagine that America is really different than you thought. Remember, though, where you live is a very different place than where most of us live. How is it different than you imagined?

- Jeff

PS - How about a new picture of you two for the Asian Sweetie web site? http://www.geocities.com/jeffsatpl/

Ray
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Happy Anniversary Bill and Carmen!

I was really glad to hear that Bill finally put in a C.R. :-)

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: