Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 09, 2024, 08:31:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beth.  (Read 11235 times)
shadow
« on: March 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I had met Beth on the internet, unsure exactly where anymore. Beth is reasonably attractive, and a nice girl at heart. Remember thus far she was the only one honest enough to return my change. When we first met in Cebu, we did so at the Robinson's department store food court. We sat and talked for a while, and then went to SM mall and strolled around for awhile. Then we did the "lunch interview". During this time, she was constantly "texting". If we're eating, she's txting. If we're walking, she's txting. If we're in a taxi, she's txting. Several days after we had met, I decided I was going down to argao for some solitude. She announces she is coming along. I didn't have the heart to tell her no. I had rented a motorcycle and we are riding down to argao, she is txting. We get to the resort where I had planned to stay, and I am checking in. I ask her over and over if she is staying or if she wants me to take her back to the city that evening, but she is too busy txting to answer me. So we are checked into the resort as 2 people, at P300 more than the single rate. I was tired and hot, and after checking out the room went for a beer while she stayed in the room, txting. When I came back, she is asleep. I lay down and had a nap, myself. The next I know, she is vigorously shaking me awake saying she has to be back in the city by 6:00. It is 4:30 already. I was not into riding all the way back into Cebu, so I told her I would take her into Argao to catch a bus. This did not make her happy. Oh well. I took her into Argao, and gave her money for bus fare. Then she wanted P500 so she could buy a phone card so she could call me. Whatever. I gave it to her and I went back to the resort where I stayed for two days and had a very good time. Of course, I am constantly recieving txt messages from her. It seems not 10 minutes goes by without one. It was starting to get annoying, so I stopped responding. After my second day there a lady walks up to me and asks if I am Larry. I told her I was and she introduces herself as Beth's boss, remember Beth, the one that brought me here? I informed her that Beth did not bring me here, that I came on my own and she invited herself to tag along. Didn't matter, I instantly have txt msgs on her BOSS'S phone! Oh no. I informed her I was checking out, (Which I had just decided I was) and was going to take the car ferry to Bohol. I didn't, though, I went back to Eddies hotel. The next day, as I am walking into the hotel the guard tells me there is a girl waiting for me in the lobby. Guess who. Beth! She invited herself along with me the rest of the day, and then invited herself to spend the night. I left her in the room and told her I was going downstairs for a beer, which was true. I went downstairs, out the door, and to a different bar where she couldn't find me for a beer. I came back about 2:00 AM, and went to sleep. About 6:00 she is up and frantic that she has to be at work at 7:00, and I need to get up and take her to work. WRONG! Then she wants taxi fare. Take a jeepney. Then she wants P500 for a phone card! You never called me with the other phone card. Well I spent that money on something else. Couldn't care less. PLEASE... This goes on for 15 minutes, until I finally got tired of it and told her I thought we had nothing in common and ddn't want to hear from her again. This doesn't faze her in the least, she goes right on begging. Finally, she left.  I got up, packed my bags, and was on the first plane to Cagayan De Oro.
The txt msgs kept on coming, and the phone kept ringing, until two weeks later when I was on the plane out of the country.
If anyone wants an honest and persistant girl, Beth is it!!!
cc
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Beth., posted by shadow on Mar 27, 2001

This texting can drive one crazy!!!! (See my own experience posted a few days earlier). Try to find a penpal who a) has no cell-phone and b) has only one or two siblings.

"...then invited herself to spend the night..." - where do you find these Ladies? Sounds like another hooker to me. None of the girls I met would even dream about spending time alone with me in the hotel room by daylight, let alone by night!?

Lori
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

to weeding out possible "gold-diggers" was a good one.
But I must add that it sounds to me like you went over there with the thought that most of these women were after your money. Some of the questions you asked,(in my view) were trick questions. You asked how important money was to them. Now , if they said it was not important, would you have believed them? If you come from a poor society , of course money is going to be important to you. And when you asked about their family and their money situation, of course they are going to squirm.
I think that anyone who is intending to marry a woman from a third world country, and does not plan on helping out the family that is left behind, is fooling themselves. If the daughter/son, goes off to a better place, and does not share in her/his fortuate state, they will surely be the shame of their family. And as I believe would have a hard time showing their face to the family again. I think the asian family structure is very differant than the american family. They concider themselves  a whole struture, where we concider ourselves somewhat separate, and fend for ourselves after a certain  age.
These are only My observances, and My thoughts on the subject. I don't know what you went over there to accomplish. Maybe you were a little paranoid from posts that were made here, and did not feel like you could trust them. Of course no one wants to be a "sucker". And I think you made sure of that to a point where you could not be free and enjoy yourself. But what do I know, I have never been there, and I am not you.
peace---Lori
may10
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Your approach..., posted by Lori on Mar 27, 2001

Well said, Lori.....*s*....thank you.
Tim
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

What were the ages of Beth and these other girls you interviewed ? Their behavior seems quite immature to me, but it might be perfectly understandable if they are young.

Did you target any older ladies on your trip ? I sense you might be looking for a certain level of maturity that you have not found yet, regardless of whether you are looking for a wife or only a companion.

Anyway, thanks for the interesting reports. I, for one, appreciate your honesty.

Regards, Tim

shadow
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question about ages, posted by Tim on Mar 27, 2001

Most of these girls were 21-27. I think maturity has been a big factor in many of my dealings with filipinas, and a big cause of my problems. I was always led to believe they were much more mature by early 20's than AW, but now I think that is false.
Judy
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Question about ages, posted by shadow on Mar 27, 2001

To Shadow,

Knowing my sisters in law as I do, I wouldn't call them more mature in their early 20's than myself or my younger sister.  I would find them more resourceful.  My sisters in law (there are six) had a very fairy tale view of love and marriage.  Since their "experiance" with guys and sex were limited, they lived thru romance novels and soap operas.  My sister and I grew up in a stricter environment than many of our peers,but we were given heavy doses of reality.  Such as, no man could be everything to you and we should always be able to support ourselves (that was a big one), we were also told be prepared to do alot of giving before you get anything.
    As an aside to Patrick I am still trying to get "legal". In the process of registering, I couldn't post.
I need help!

Yours Judy

Tim
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Question about ages, posted by shadow on Mar 27, 2001

Would you be at all interested in meeting some Chinese ladies ? If so, email me privately.

Regards, Tim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: