Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 12:47:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is going to sound stupid, but....  (Read 3160 times)
senior citizen
« on: June 10, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

I have heard some slang thrown around here that I simply have not heard outside this forum. I have been married to a Filipina for almost 25 years, retired from the Marines and I do not know what a GRO girl is. Granted, there are not a lot of Filipinas around here, and we didn't spend a ton of time back in the Philippines (which I related in a previous post). Also believe it or not I didn't hang around the "working girls" in the Philippines before I met Honey. I was looking for a wife at that point, not a disease. Oh, I had a history in other Asian nations such as Vietnam (wartime only) and Thailand and in Germany, Australia and various points in South America but not in the Philippines. And there is no WAY I'll ask Honey. I doubt she knows, and if she does she'll wonder what I want to know, for?

Can someone please fill me in? It seems to me to be a specialized sex worker from the way you all use it. Maybe a bar girl that hustles drinks, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the initials stand for. I know it will seem absurdly simple once you Sherlocks explain it to poor Watson, here. But then, it took me forever to figure out chatrom slang too, such as LMAO and IMHO. That's what I get for starting this computer stuff later in life.

Thanks for not laughing, (too loud, that is).

Jeff S
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to This is going to sound stupid, but...., posted by senior citizen on Jun 10, 2004

Don't feel bad, senior. I asked the same question a while back. Both GRO and LBFM were mysteries to me. No military experience I guess - and you know how the uniformed types love those acronyms.

- Jeff

Ray
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to This is going to sound stupid, but...., posted by senior citizen on Jun 10, 2004

GRO = Guest Relations Officer

It's a more recent attempt to put a politically correct name on the old "bar girl" or "hostess" label. Your guess was correct, a bar girl who hustles drinks. Personally, I think the name is stupid :-)

Ray

senior citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: This is going to sound stupid, but....., posted by Ray on Jun 10, 2004

I had heard LBFM from one of my old Marine Corps friends when he heard I was going to the Philippines after I retired and he told me what that meant. But I had never heard GRO. And, as Watson says, it was perfectly simple, once you told me what it meant, that is. Guest Relations Officer; I should have guessed.

Thanks, guys.

Ray
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: This is going to sound stupid, b..., posted by senior citizen on Jun 10, 2004

When I was there in the military, they didn't use the term GRO. I think that's something recent. Officially, they were "hostesses". We just called them "bar hogs" :-)

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: