Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 04, 2024, 08:16:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can anyone help us about fiancee visa?  (Read 5075 times)
Robian
« on: April 29, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

i need to know some of the requirements f getting a fiancee visa. Can anyone give me a checklist for this. thanks for any help.robian
Ray
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to can anyone help us about fiancee visa?, posted by Robian on Apr 29, 2004

Here's a checklist for the petition:

-----
K-1 Checklist

1. Completed Form I-129F

2. Filing fee

3. Original Form G-325A (Biographic Information) for you

4. Original Form G-325A (Biographic Information) for your fiancée

5. One recent color ¾ frontal photo of yourself

6. One recent color ¾ frontal photo of your fiancée

7. Copy of petitioner’s certified birth certificate or proof of U.S. citizenship

8. Complete documents showing legal termination of all previous marriages

9. Evidence of meeting within last 2 years

10. Original statements of mutual intent to marry

11. Evidence of relationship and mutual intent to marry

12. Signed statement attesting to the fact that document copies submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered originals.
-----
You can download the forms from USCIS:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

You better hurry, the fees go up at midnight tonight! :-)

Ray

stefang
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: can anyone help us about fiancee vis..., posted by Ray on Apr 30, 2004

"10. Original statements of mutual intent to marry"

Ray what do you mean by this? Do I need to write a letter and my fiance also that we intend to marry to get the fiance visa approved?

Ray
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: can anyone help us about fiancee..., posted by stefang on May 4, 2004

Yes, in the I-129F instructions they are asking for a written statement from each of you. If you are together, you could also write a joint statement with both signatures.

There isn’t any set format. I would write a short letter (or note) that briefly describes how and when you first met, describe your meeting in person, describe the nature of your relationship, state that you love each other and intend to marry within 90 days of her arrival according to the terms of the fiancée visa.

Something along those lines. They don’t have to be typewritten but should be easily readable and should have original signatures and dates.

Ray

stefang
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: can anyone help us about fia..., posted by Ray on May 4, 2004

Thanks Ray I didn't know it required this letter I know it said if you had prior letters to show proof that we were corresponding. I figured the I-129F was the proof of intent to marry.
Robian
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: can anyone help us about fiancee vis..., posted by Ray on Apr 30, 2004

n/t
Windmill Boy
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Ray

I drove 1 hour to Buffalo this week to pick up some new forms because there were too many mistakes on the first ones we filled out together in march as we reviewed them.  the INS  representitive told me about the rate  increase as of friday night.  It is raising from $ 110 to $ 165.  However the INS agent was  very helpfull and answered the questions I had.   It turns out that my fiance is worrying so much about every  T  being crossed and  i  being dotted. While you have to be accurate in filling out the forms the agents are a little forgiviing in reviewing the applications. We are hand writing the forms  but I am also adding a document written on the word processor that has the same information typed out also neatly.

The agent suggested that I scan / photocopy my passport with the stamps of entry into China, Hong Kong, and Macau.  I am also including 4 differnt pictures of my fiance and myself together and 1  close up picture of her wearing the ring. My Fiance is mailing me her letter of marriage intent letter  her 3/4 pictures along with a picture of me with her family since I gave her the negatives for these.

So we have a few express mails to send to each other in the next week or 2  but hopefully we can file and begin the process of filing soon.   Now If I can only find an appropriate Job  soon  ha ha ha.  fortunately  the agent told me I only have to make and show $ 15,600  income.  McDonalds here I come

Windy

Ray
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to ouch !!!!, posted by Windmill Boy on Apr 30, 2004

Hi Windy,

Most of those forms are fillable if you want to type them and print them out on-line. If you can’t print them on your computer, you can order the forms on the phone or on-line from the USCIS. They don’t have to be perfect, just readable. You can also hand-fill one sheet and then make Xerox copies before you sign each page for the G-325A.

The $15,612 figure they referred to is 125% of the poverty line and actually applicable only for the I-864 affidavit which comes later when she files for AOS after you marry. For the fiancée petition, you will use the I-134 and only need 100% of the poverty guideline or $12,490. So that gives you a little more time to get hired at McDonald’s and then get a couple of pay raises before you file the I-864 (LOL!).

Good luck,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: