Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 28, 2024, 09:44:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manila Airport  (Read 5225 times)
Rota20
« on: May 08, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

What can anyone tell me about Ninoy Aquino Int'l. Airport in Manila?  I'll be going there and connecting to a flight to Cebu.  I was wondering what the customs and immigration process is like and transferring terminals to find my gate to my connecting flight.  Thanks!
NOX1967
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Manila Airport, posted by Rota20 on May 8, 2004

I had no problems there at all. Everything was easy to navigate, and the customs process was easy. The only thing I didn't have that was needed was the name of a hotel, or the address where I would be staying. The RP Customs guy just told me to just put down any hotel.

You probably have to change airports, to go to Cebu. You'll have to exchange some money at the currency window and then get a taxi over to the domestic terminal. I got ripped off when I changed airports and paid the taxi driver triple the normal cost. When you get to the domestic airport you will have to pay a small fee, about 110p I think.

Rota20
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Manila Airport, posted by NOX1967 on May 8, 2004

The itinerary has me flyinng Northwest from Tokyo to Manila and then Cebu Pacific Air to Cebu.  Does flying on Cebu Pacific mean I will have to get a ride to a different airport and if I do what's the price and time to get there.  Is it much of a pain getting a ride to another terminal at Aquino while having to carry luggage?  On the way back it's Philippine Airlines to Manila and Northwest again back to Tokyo.  Anyone flown Cebu Pacific Air?  Thanks again!
HaroldC
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Manila Airport, posted by Rota20 on May 8, 2004

[This message has been edited by HaroldC]

If you are arriving around 11PM, or before, and flying out Cebu Pacific at about 1:30AM to Cebu city, (book it if you haven't!), the plane leaves for Cebu from the INTERNATIONAL terminal- it's arranged that way because so many people get off that NW flight and on to Cebu.

You will have to stop at the Cebu Pacific desk, on the right just before you exit the building on the Arrivals level, to get your boarding pass and then up the escalator right there.

However, if your flight is late they will cancel that flight to Cebu. If that happens, or your flight to Cebu is later (I think the next one is 5AM) there is a free shuttle bus to the Domestic terminal- which doesn't fully open until 4AM, I think, but you can wait in the lobby with many others. If you have a lot of luggage you can hire a porter for very cheap- well worth it in the crush to get in to Domestic when they open.

YOU GOTTA HAVE A TICKET IN HAND. The printout from an online reservation on Cebu Pacific is not enough. There is a Cebu Pacific office to the left of the main entrance at Domestic- they were open all night when I was there.

Robian
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Manila Airport, posted by Rota20 on May 8, 2004

you have to go to the domestic airport whjich is not really that far. Im not sure if how much will it cost u
don2222
PAL
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

If your Manila to Cebu flight is on PAL, then you just stay at the Aquino airport for your flight to Cebu.
This is one of the reasons I fly PAL, no need to change airports.

Customs and immigration is no problem, just keep in mind that breaking in line is one of the national sports here in the Philippines.

Don

Robian
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to PAL, posted by don2222 on May 8, 2004

yesterday i flew from manila to cebu through PAL, but i went to a different airport. You have to go to the centennial airport or terminal 2 which is just 5 minutes away from ninoy aquino airport.
OUTLAW
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

i have taken NW twice an didn't have to change airports in Manila on my way to Cebu, just tell ur travel agent that u want it that way.
DanAndChed
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

We'll never fly PAL international again.  The last time my wife went ahead of me.  Her plane was leaking liquid on the inside cabin the whole way and mine two of the bathrooms didn't work.  If they don't take care of the little stuff what about the big stuff, like engines, air frame, etc.  They also stop in Hawaii for fuel.  I've been to Asia several times from the east coast and PAL is the worst.  Changing Airlines in LA is bad, bad, bad.

As for PAL domestic, it's much better and the only semi safe way to travel.

This time we're flying Cathay Pacific to Cebu. No stop in Manila! It's kinda nice the way they do the transfer in Hong Kong.  You can arrange to have 24 hours between flights.  We're spending a night in Hong Kong on the way back.  

Dan and Ched

NOX1967
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

I'll remember that and fly PAL myself next time!
Robian
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

I'VE BEEN TO MANILA TODAY WITH MY FIANCEE COZ HE'S LEAVING. FROM NINOY AQUINO AIRPORT , YOU RIDE A JEEPNEY TO EITHER TERMINAL 2 OR DOMESTIC AIRPORT, IT JUST DEPEND ON WHICH AIRLINE YOU'RE GONNA TAKE FOR CEBU. tERMINAL FEE IS 100p.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: