Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 05, 2024, 06:28:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travel and PI Elections  (Read 5675 times)
Scott
« on: February 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

I just spoke with my honey in the PI.  Mentioned I may make a trip to see her end of March.  I was told it's election time and too dangerous everywhere.
NOX1967
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Travel and PI Elections, posted by Scott on Feb 28, 2004

I read yesterday that MILF groups have been shooting each other. It might be getting safer!
Ray
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Travel and PI Elections, posted by Scott on Feb 28, 2004

I believe that the Philippine national elections are on May 10th, not late March.

Too dangerous everywhere?HuhHuh? It almost sounds as if she doesn't want you to come visit her(?)

Ray

Scott
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Travel and PI Elections, posted by Ray on Feb 28, 2004

Yes, the elections are not 'till mid May, but it's campaign time.  She said there was a bombing in Manila this week, and other troubles throughout the islands.  She sure sounded like she wants to see me, just a bit protective.  I've been in places a lot dicier than the PI, so it's time to find a cheap ticket.
Robian
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Travel and PI Elections, posted by Scott on Feb 28, 2004

hI THERE SCOTT! IM FROM PHILIPPINES TOO BUT I HAVEN'T HEARD THAT THERE WAS A BOMBING IN MANILA THIS WEEK.
YAN
Ray
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Travel and PI Elections, posted by Scott on Feb 28, 2004

Go for it Scott!

Elections over there aren't that bad. The worst part about election day is they close all the bars. At least they used to...

What places are you planning to visit over there?

Ray

Bob S
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Travel and PI Elections, posted by Ray on Feb 28, 2004

Do they got trucks with loudspeakers driving around neighborhoods blaring campaign speeches in loud whiny female voices like they do in Japan?
[rant]
Gawd, I hate campaign season in Japan.  Why do they even bother.  They are just going to put the same old xenophobic fascist ojiisans back in office.
[/rant]
Ray
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to PI Elections, posted by Bob S on Feb 28, 2004

Yep, they have the obnoxious, noisy loudspeakers on trucks and vans, but the Philippines is also well-known for their dirty campaign tactics. Vote-buying and kidnappings are some of the favorites. I can remember seeing guys standing outside the polling places with big stacks of five-peso notes, handing them out to anyone who agrees to vote for their candidate.

Ray

HaroldC
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: PI Elections, posted by Ray on Feb 28, 2004

nt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: