Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 05, 2024, 02:28:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATM Card... How to?  (Read 4108 times)
Howard
« on: March 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Guys,

Pretend I'm stupid and run me through the whole ATM card thing again.

You guys do a seperate account right?  Anyone using Standard Federal?  Do you get the card in her name?  WIll the bank even do that???

I am putting someone at Western Union's children through medical school.  I guess it's time I got it together Tongue

Thanks in Advance

H

OUTLAW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to ATM Card... How to?, posted by Howard on Mar 1, 2004

HELLO, I use Standard Federal, i opened a seperate savings accout IN MY NAME , an got a debit card WITH OUT the master card logo. it works fine over their.
Peter Lee
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Well Howard,

I am sure you will get a few replys on your post.

I can tell you what I did

I have a savings account in my bank

I got an ATM card with a separate account with a pin number

I sent the ATM card to my wife using Fed Ex it took 5 days and $35

When she got it we tested it to see how it worked

I emailed her the PIN numbers

It worked fine without problems

I go on line and get my bank and transfere the amount I want on the ATM

they can only withdraw what I put into the account

Sending it Fed Ex was expensive and I am sure it can be cheaper using the Post Office.   At the time I did not want to take chances and paid the price.   If I was going to do it today I would send it priority mail but it would take about 10 days.  

I can also go on line and see when and how much was taken out of the ATM account

There is a charge for the use of the ATM but very cheap, not like Western Union.

Hope this helped as it was this site that I got the idea and information.

Bye
Peter Lee

HaroldC
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

A separate account is for security in case it is raided.

Unlikely a bank will issue in her name if you are not married- even then they probably need a SSN and a signature.

PayPal requires a certain amount of 'activity' (using their service) before they will issue a debit card- even then, I believe there is quite a waiting period.

Yahoo has a debit card, but the transaction fee is high. They will issue in her name and deliver it to her for free- takes only a few minutes online. I got one for backup in case something happens to the VISA.

Bear
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey Dude,

I opened a second account at my bank (Wells Fargo) and I transfer money online to it as needed.  I send a debit/Visa card with Honey's name on it by Fed Ex.  Getting a card with her name on it was hard because Wells Fargo insisted on her having a social security number.  I had to switch to Bank of America and they gave me a card without reguard to the social security number.  Later after she got here to the states I changed back to Wells fargo which I think is  simpler to use.  I never put more than $200 in the account so I can't be responsible for more than that and actually haven't put that much in there for over 2 years. Soon Honey's sister will start Nursing College so I might have to ante up a few times to cover initial costs.  Might even get her one of her own if she goes to school away from home.  When I put money in there I expect them to take it all out at one time because Wells Fargo charges about $3 each time someone takes funds out as a total of a transaction fee and a currency conversion fee.  Also I don't want to put money in there and have to worry about it if someone gets a hold of the card or misuse.  Actually I think $3 is a very cheap transfer fee, heck of a lot better than Fedex's $32 for a small package.  Also I have noticed that the money is there almost instantly when I make the account transfer.  

I also warned the family just one misuse would be the end of it. PERIOD. No exceptions.

Bear

equitis
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello Howard,

If you are comfortable using paypal(www.paypal.com), that is what we did.Open a paypal business account then get the debit card. Worked great its accepted anywhere mastercard is. Only costs 1$/withdrawal.Nothing to set up, if I remember correctly.It does take 5 days for funds to be available.Take care.

Rolf

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: