Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 07, 2024, 11:33:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jovy, part 3  (Read 9880 times)
shadow
« on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

We had made no plans for that night, and when I hadn't heard from her by about 7:30 I went to a little karaoke bar around the corner and had a beer. I hate the places that when you walk in there are this swarm of girls that pounce on you begging for drinks, and this place wasn't like that. They pretty much left you alone. The phone signal was weak in here, but often by playing with the phone and moving it around it would pick up messages. I started recieving msgs from Jovy's # about 9:30, but something wasn't right. She asked me first where I was, which I answered, then if I was still in Cagayan. Of course. Then when was I leaving for Davao? Jovy was with me when I bought the ticket, so I replied "thursday as scheduled". Several messages later again I am asked where I am. I asked if this was really Jovy, or maybe her friend. No reply. By now it is 11:00 and I went back to the hotel. In going back over the msgs, I figure out that I am getting msgs from two different #'s. Really. Soon the front desk rings, and informs me Jovy is downstairs. I go down to meet her, and lo and behold there are 6 or 8 of them down there. Her and her aunties have been looking for me for hours, and most of them have been drinking except Jovy. I showed the phone with the msgs to Jovy, and asked her who had her cellphone that was pretending to be her all night. She told me it was Venus, her friend. She didn't act very pleased, and the whole party left after a short time, with the promise of dinner the next night when her aunt was going to buy. OK.
Wed AM, Jovy txts me asking what I have on the agenda for the day, I told her I was going to meet with a group of foriegners who meet in a restaurant there every wednesday. She tells me she has the day off, so I tell her to come and meet me at the restaurant about 11:00. There were about 30 guys at the meeting, and although Cagayan is supposedly about 500,000 in population I had met about 1/3 of these guys already in my travels about town. Most all of them were concerned about my being "taken", and the first question was just about always, "Your first time in the PI?" I assured them I had already been educated in the art of philippine deception so not to worry. Most of these guys were drunk by 10:00, and I didn't hear one positive word about the phils, its people, its culture, anything. I asked a couple of them why they were still there if it was so bad. Wrong question. About 11:00 Jovy txts me asking where I am, I tell her I'm still at the restaurant and she tells me she isn't coming. After several pointed questions I get it out of her that she is ashamed to be seen by so many foriegners. OK, I'm done here, leaving within the hour. We met, and did the walkabout thing, and talked about Venus and her little trick. She tells me she has helped Venus a lot, and that she is very disgusted with her actions, and that she feels she must kick her out of the room they share. We did nothing of import on what was to be our last day together. We parted.
Later that evening, we meet and go to the open air restaurant where we are to have dinner. There were 4 of us in all, me, Jovy, and her aunts. The bill for dinner came to about P900, which her aunt paid.  We then went to a rather nice music bar, where they had a couple bands playing. Some more girls came and joined us later.  We sat there until the wee hours of the morning, everyone had a good time. The bill here had to be well upwards of P3000, I was not allowed to help pay for anything. We then all piled into one of those motorcycles with attachment, (I was told once they are called a motorette) and they dropped me off at the hotel, where I gave Jovy a very sad hug goodbye.
Thursday AM I got up and packed my stuff and headed for the airport to catch my plane to Davao. While sitting at the airport, I txtd her, telling her I had caught the flight, she bid me farewell.
9ball
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Jovy, part 3, posted by shadow on Mar 28, 2001

shadow, your reports are so enjoyable. i printed all of them and read them in one sitting. so when's the book go to market?Smiley your frankness gives much insight.

"Most of these guys were drunk by 10:00, and I didn't hear one positive word about the phils, its people, its culture, anything. I asked a couple of them why they were still there if it was so bad. Wrong question."

curious? other than the cheap cost of living and the opportunity to take advantage of young women, please expound on some of their replies to your querry.  

good luck as you take stock and plan your next move

shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to foreigners, posted by 9ball on Mar 28, 2001

but I remember one cost of living, and one Uncle San. (San Miguel) The beer at this restaurant was a whopping P15. L.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: