Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 07, 2024, 07:28:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summary, part 1  (Read 9720 times)
shadow
« on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I first inquired about meeting filipinas almost 20 years ago. Since then, it remained in the back of my mind for many years. About 4 years ago I came into a position where I felt it was at last a possibility, and started reading everything I could find on the culture, it's women, the country and it's history, etc. It became an obsession. I know that now.
Much of the propoganda that was available was obsolute bull****, written by people who wanted to sell someone on the method of going to the PI in search of a wife. The way much of it was written would make a person believe that all filipinas were absolute angels that wanted nothing more out of life than a loving husband and family, that money meant absolutely nothing to them, that the filipina/american  success rate was 90% or better, that the only instances of divorce were extreme cases of abuse on the husbands part, that all filipinas in general were the most loving, caring, beautiful souls on the face of the earth. Bull****!
The truth is they are as human and individual as anybody else.  I remember the first time I found the maganak board, and there was some abusive guy there posting something bad about his filipina exwife. What an a**, everybody knows it had to be his fault for abusing her! I couldn't believe the gall the guy had, actually posting things on the board as if a filipina could do something wrong. Well, Toto, I don't know about you, but I'm certainly not in Kansas anymore.
This may come as a shock to some of you due to my recent postings, but I still believe the odds of finding a good mate in the PI is much better than in the US. HuhHuh  The reasons are simple, numbers. Most anywhere in the US, the number of eligible women seems to be significantly lower than there are men looking for such. The competition is fierce. The women of course know this, and act accordingly. If you aren't rich and/or good  looking, your chances are slim unless you want a fat and/or ugly girl, or a drunk/drug addict, etc
Now, enter the Philippines. Everything is turned completely around. Pretty girls are everywhere. They smile at you at the mall, they giggle and push their friends at you when you're walking down the street. Everyone has three girls they want to introduce you to, what's more, they want to meet you!  WE are the desireables. EVERY american is filthy rich. WHITE skin is what everyone wants. There are no tanning beds! Try explaining that to many american women. That would compare to telling a filipina that has never left the PI that there are no jeepneys here! HUH??? You're kidding, right? I remember when my son downloaded a virus on my computer and it was down. I called Myrna and explained it would be a week or so before I could email her again, she asked me why I didn't just go to the internet cafe. When I told her there were no internet cafes she didn't believe me. She said, "If you don't want to email me, just tell me!" Yes, she had an extreme case of culture shock, to say the least.
When I went there this time, I went for several reasons. One of those reasons was I felt that Nanette was probably the one for me. I had chosen Myrna over her mostly because Myrna had seemed more mature. In every way they were so different from each other. I would have bet anything that Nanette would not do what she did. I would have lost that bet. After I told her what had happened between Myrna and I, the very next time we were together is when she hit me for this P5000 for her BC. Yes, I knew it didn't cost that much, but I couldn't believe she would do that to me. Also, I couldn't tell her no. That also was a problem with Myrna, I could never tell her no. So I gave it to her knowing full well it would probably be the last time I would see her, knowing in my heart that she would never come clean, and she knew as well as I did the BC didn't cost P5000, and she knew that I knew it, and did it anyway.
Yes, it was unfair and rotten of me to do what I did with the other girls, I'm not sure what I was trying to prove. Mostly I was trying to find out for myself what the numbers really were, how many would lie and cheat to get what they wanted. Obviously the numbers published by the propoganda nuts are in error, or the people publishing them had blinders on, which I myself was guilty of for a long time. You really can't blame the girls for doing anything they think they have to do to improve their situation. They have so little, and short of finding somebody to rob have so little chance of ever having anything. For that reason, I really don't hold it against them.

curt
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Summary, part 1, posted by shadow on Mar 29, 2001

Most libraries have free internet access.  My library has a special room with about 20 pcs donated by Bill Gates.
shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Summary, part 1, posted by curt on Mar 29, 2001

Yes, the local library where I was living does now also, but they didn't at the time. Larry.
The Mog
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Summary, part 1, posted by shadow on Mar 29, 2001

Chin up old boy! Youll be back in the game again! Guess I was lucky, of all the girls Ive met, Not one of them asked me for anything ever. I really respected them for that. Well, except one, but I think maybe her mom was behind that, I wired them $200 two times, before I met her in person, and after I met her I realized I had no attraction for her so I "Charged it to The Game"....its a pretty good chunk o' cash, but hey, wouldve blown that in a few months of going to American bars and clubs without so much as even getting a phone number.
Actually, when I was there in Feb. I noticed that the amount of people walking around texting had dropped noticeably from my previous trip last summer, perhaps the novelty and status of cells is getting a little commonplace now...
Anyway, the dream of finding a beautiful woman without ever having to spend a penny is not entirely realistic.
Lokk at it this way, we are learn things every day, but the things that stick in our minds are usually the ones that cause us setbacks financially. Now if you bought a lemon of a car and it set you back thousands over a couple of years, would you resign yourself to taking the bus ?
Hang in there, everyone gets burned a few times in their life. It wont get any easier, but it will make you a better person for it. As for the "burners" , rest easy in knowing that the old saying "what goes around, comes around" will eventually take care of them, and they will reap what they have sown. PS I have more fine filipina girlfriends that I know what to do with, pre-screened for "goldiggeritis" and everything...if youre interested.
My Best to Ya,
Mog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: