Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 29, 2024, 01:45:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A feminist speaks out about Mail Order Brides  (Read 41362 times)
Jeff S
« on: November 08, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

http://www.stolaf.edu/depts/womens-studies/ws399/ws399_03/Projects/Mail%20Order%20Bride/index.html

I had no idea so many of you guys beat your Filipina wives.

She did get one thing right though: "...since the Women's movement has begun the emancipation of white women, third world women are now being used to assume the domestic and sexual tasks vacated by their white counterparts."

Absolutely correct..... and?Huh??

stefang
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A feminist speaks out about Mail Order B..., posted by Jeff S on Nov 8, 2003

Hey Jeff send this back to this author. It is an American women using a male order husband for sex slavery. She even says she has only two weeks to get married so she went drastic.
Hamlet
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A feminist speaks out about Mail Order B..., posted by Jeff S on Nov 8, 2003

I wonder if the prof gave her an "F" for this kind of writing.  This is a 2003 Minnesota college junior's paper about the MOB world for a Women's Studies program.
---------------
Why would Filipina women want to become mail-order brides?
The industry preys upon the economically impoverished and often politically persecuted foreign women wishing to come to the United States due to the scarcity of jobs and educational opportunities for women in the Philippines

Some of the men feel they are providing a better life for immigrant women.

Although critics compare these agencies to everything from marriage mills to slave traders...

Sunshine International says that the only exploitation of Asian ladies comes from critics who portray them as prostitutes trying to escape desperate circumstances yet there is never a discussion about the women as people.

I would never presume to say that these women should not be allowed to marry American men, I just think they need to be educated about the situation they are getting into.

They have a distaste for American women, mainly due to the women’s movement.

...men increasingly turned to mail order bride services rather than bothering with American women, although there is often an age difference of 20-50 years. According to Loxterman (1999), they were looking for wives who do not harbor the apparently rampant materialism of American women yet isn’t that a wee bit hypocritical? To choose a young, beautiful women as your bride based on little ore than a single date? What could be more materialistic than choosing a potential life partner from a picture?

These women end up utterly dependent on their husbands and one study reports that 77% of the women with dependent immigrant status are battered (Narayan, 1995, p. 106).

This is a racist, capitalist venture so the plight of poverty-stricken and oppressed women around the world will serve to make someone a buck.

Feminist legal scholars have likened the mail-order bride position to sexual slavery and it categorizes women according to their sexual proclivities based on their race

The presence of an industry of sexual exploitation (some would say sexual slavery) in our country is appalling. In this supposed land of the free, a legal framework that chains these migrant women to abusive, exploitative circumstances should not exist.

Bear
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

...it says that most Filipinas are uneducated.  Nearly every Filipina I've met had a degree but no place that would hire them to use it.  I've met so many Filipinas with nursing degrees that are domestic helpers its shocking.

Oddly enought if we are all so evil to our wifes (which she admits she has not heard about locally) why hasn't it made the media?  Politicians are always looking for a bandwagon to jump on and if this story was true they'd be whipping the horses to catch up to this bandwagon.

If you wants the information she says she could not get, why is their no "E-mail me" selection?

Just more propaganda from the "uneducated" liberal left?

Bear and Honey

Ray
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Also..., posted by Bear on Nov 9, 2003

:-)
Patrick
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Also..., posted by Bear on Nov 9, 2003

Flame wars do not serve the purpose of this forum.  Anyone wishing to, can insert complaints about censorship here-
Bear
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey, what happened to all those posts?, posted by Patrick on Nov 11, 2003

nm
Dingo
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey, what happened to all those posts?, posted by Patrick on Nov 11, 2003

Funny how Bear's his initial posts attacking liberals and being a hypocrite were left intact.

Thanks Big Brother.

Just like Bush, his way or the Highway.

Ray
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hey, what happened to all those post..., posted by Dingo on Nov 11, 2003

...his post didn't include personal attacks against other forum members and their wives?

Don't look now Dingo, but your political bias is showing again... LMAF!

Ray

Dingo
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Perhaps because..., posted by Ray on Nov 11, 2003

Hey Ray, why are you always defending Bear?
Are you his personal toady boy ?

You're right Bear never made any personal attacks against
me.... LOL

I think I hear another popping sound coming from your
direction again.

What's your email address so we can spare the other board members?

Cheers
Dingo

Ray
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Perhaps because..., posted by Dingo on Nov 11, 2003

I wasn’t “defending” anybody. Bear can certainly take care of himself. I was merely trying to explain to your feeble little mind why Patrick didn’t delete his post while he deleted yours.

If you had been paying attention around here, you would know that I usually do speak up whenever some sniveling little troll can’t fight fair, but has to get into the gutter and attack his opponent’s wife, fiancée, or loved one. Why do I speak up? Because it’s my right to express my opinion. If you don’t like that, then you can hit the road Jack :-)

Cheers!

Ray

Dingo
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Snivel, Snivel..., posted by Ray on Nov 11, 2003

Ray I think you need a board where you can just debate yourself.

You won't even give your email address because
your ego needs to be stroked on this board.
As if anyone cares what you have to say.

Funny, I noticed Patrick deleted all of YOUR posts as well.

Ray, defender of helpless women and babys everywhere.
Always willing to offer a warm teat filed with his rancid milk. ROTFLMAO !!!

Yes I've notice from your pasts post the dozens of Members you've driveled
at on the board when you don't agree with them.  Woooo Hooo !!!!
You're a real Champion !!!

Goodbye
Toady Troll

Cheers
(,)

Ray
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Snivel, Snivel..., posted by Dingo on Nov 12, 2003

Uh, I hate to break the news to you Dingo, but that's not my teat you've been sucking on. No wonder you thought the milk was rancid...ROTFLMGDAOCUMFLTAHAIPCNTPINGDP!

Oh, and if you half a brain, you would know that my e-mail address has been posted on this forum for well over 4 years now. So, where's yours Dinko? :-)

Dingo
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Snivel, Snivel..., posted by Ray on Nov 12, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dingo]

Ray, 4 years of drivel from you? How sad !
Oh and by the way only females have teats.

I guess your secrets out. HAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!

Goodbye
Toady Troll
(,)

Cheers
Dingo

Bear
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Go home and boor your own family., posted by Dingo on Nov 12, 2003

Something must really be bad in your life to see you attacking people so wantingly.  No ones attacked you but you can't seem to say a nice thing to anyone and you insult all kinds of innocents.  Must really hurt whatever happened to you.  Did your wife leave you?  Do you need to talk to someone?  Don't commit suicide now.  Let me know if you need some councilling.

I care,

Bear and Honey

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: