Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 04:28:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing Filipinas  (Read 14816 times)
NOX1967
« on: November 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I've noticed lately topics and questions about finding an honest woman, finding an unmaterialistic woman, and age diferences.

I don't know if this will help anyone but I intentionally had a series of tests that had to passed perfectly. My basic requirements were aged 21-30, I'm 36, never married, and no children. Beyond that there were tests of character and commitment.

She had to be available for almost daily chats at her own expense.
She had to chat in a cafe with a webcam. She could never, ever, ask for moneyI made notes of things she said, and repeated my questions later. I even changed the original date I told her I would visit to see if she waited another four months. Having a few simple standards helped me sort through a very large number of ladies online in a very short time.

Ron

NOX1967
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Testing Filipinas, posted by NOX1967 on Nov 23, 2003

I think something went wrong there! Whatever it was it got a lot of response, mostly bad. What I did obviously wasn't as bad as that must of sounded because everything worked out well.
Ron

Dave H
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Maybe that didn't come out right!? LOL , posted by NOX1967 on Nov 25, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Ron,

I am happy that everything worked out well for you. I just think that someone using your chat criteria test would pass over many fantastic women...my wife didn't even come close.
I suppose that I had my own criteria, much of it not really thought about. I knew I didn't want a smoker or drinker. I soon realized that I was fortunate that my wife is also not a cellphone fanatic. I saw too many Filipinas walking around with their eyes glued to their cellphones, sending and receiving  text messages. I see many Latinas every day talking non-stop to friends while they ignore the person they are with. That would definately be a reason for me to say "Asta la vista, Baby!"

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The Terminator, posted by Dave H on Nov 25, 2003

Hey Dave, speaking of Terminators…

Remember recently when the California legislature passed that stupid-ass law allowing illegal aliens to get a California Driver’s License, and a-hole ex-guv Davis signed it so the Latinos would all vote for him against the recall? Well, our new Governator had a little talk with the legislature and the California Senate just voted 33-0 to overturn the law. Even the bill’s author voted to overturn it! I don’t know what Ahnold said to them Democrats, but they sure seem scared… ROTFLMGDAOCUMFL!

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The Terminator, posted by Ray on Nov 26, 2003

Hi Ray,

ROTFLMGDAOCUMFLT! It looks like the Governator is off to a good start!

Dave H.

Humabdos
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Maybe that didn't come out right!? LOL , posted by NOX1967 on Nov 25, 2003

Have you ever stepped in tae and come out smelling like a rose?
Hum
observer
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

You are a hopeless romantic! Please report back to us after you have courted,married and lived together for a few years.
Maybe you are on to something.
shadow
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

if you continue to follow this principle you will miss out on the best ones.

Good to test, but find some different criteria to condemn on. Some of the best ones are not going to be able to go to the internet cafe every day.

Just my opinion.

Larry.

Dave H
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I assure you..., posted by shadow on Nov 24, 2003

Hi Larry,

I agree! My lady would have failed the "Internet Test" and I would have missed out on a wonderful woman. Mostly school girls and groups of teenagers have time for this. My wife had responsibilities in her life and didn't have time for regular Internet chatting or the cellphone text messaging that you so many girls constantly doing. The expense involved for Internet access on a daily basis, let along web-cam chat, would have been cost prohibitive. After we married and she returned to the Philippines to visit, her laptop and camera were a life saver.

Dave H.

Peter Lee
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Go getem Ron
Michael B
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I think the daily internet at her expense may prove a hardship on some otherwise desireable and legitimate ladies. I would back it down to always there for a scheduled phone call or chat on MY dime. But MISSING a scheduled phone/chatroom date more than once and can't produce an 'ambulance bill or arrest report' or something at least as convincing of an excuse would be a no-no.
Peter Lee
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Testing Filipinas, posted by Michael B on Nov 23, 2003

A voice of reason!  Yes
Ray
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Testing Filipinas, posted by Michael B on Nov 23, 2003

You’re right Michael that using the internet daily can be a hardship on the ladies, but not just because of the monetary costs.

I think demanding that a lady be available for on-line chatting at YOUR convenience is not only unrealistic in most cases, but probably downright selfish. If I had enforced your rule of demanding a valid excuse every time she missed a “scheduled” phone or chat-room date, I wouldn’t be married to my wonderful wife today.

I think too many guys tend to take this Internet thing for granted. We come home from work, kick off our shoes, grab a beer and turn on the computer. Simple, isn’t it? But it isn’t that simple for the ladies over there. On a fairly typical day, my wife would have to get dressed, go outside in either the blazing heat or a torrential downpour, catch a tricycle downtown, and go to her favorite Internet Café. Often, the store would be closed or the Internet connection was down. So, she would walk several blocks to another Internet joint, often to find a dozen people or more waiting in line for a computer, which could take an hour ort two of waiting patiently if she was lucky. She may have to go to all 4-5 Internet cafes in town sometimes and still not get on a computer.

If she was lucky enough to get on line, she had to put up with flaky equipment and slow connections. It would often take 15-20 minutes just to open her email account. All too often, she would type a long message only to have the connection drop and everything she had written lost in cyberspace. On-line chats were frequently interrupted when the connection dropped at her end or the computer had to be rebooted. There were days that she spent 5-6 hours out of the day just to try to send me an-mail or get to chat with me. At other times, she was never successful in getting on line and had to go home hungry and tired. Did she complain? No. Was I disappointed? Sometimes. Did I complain? No, because I had been there and witnessed the difficulty you sometimes have to go through just to get on line to check your e-mail.

I’m afraid that your strict criteria would likely limit your choices to a relatively few ladies living in a major city with their own personal computer and a reliable Internet connection, which probably eliminates 99.99% of the population of the Philippines. My whole point is that it is usually valuable to keep things in perspective and try to be understanding and considerate of what some of these ladies must go through just to communicate with us in this day of “modern” communications.

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Perspective, posted by Ray on Nov 24, 2003

Hi Ray,

"On a fairly typical day, my wife would have to get dressed, go outside in either the blazing heat or a torrential downpour, catch a tricycle downtown, and go to her favorite Internet Café. Often, the store would be closed or the Internet connection was down. So, she would walk several blocks to another Internet joint, often to find a dozen people or more waiting in line for a computer, which could take an hour ort two of waiting patiently if she was lucky. She may have to go to all 4-5 Internet cafes in town sometimes and still not get on a computer."

So much for making the scheduled chat appointment. LOL My wife knew very little about the Internet and had to wait until her younger sister was available to assist her. Let's not forget that during monsoon season, they may have to exit the tricycle or jeepney and wade through chest deep water to reach the Internet cafe. I was so frustrated just trying to read my emails and Planet-Love (unable to post as well) while in the Philippines that I finally gave up and waited until I returned home to catch up.

Dave H.

Michael B
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Perspective, posted by Ray on Nov 24, 2003

I understand the possibility of technical diffuculties. OK, I'll backtrack a little bit......I just said the 'ambulance' stuff for effect, let's say I exagerrated. I was trying to distinguish between she legitametly can't afford the money to pay it herself (which the first post said was a requirement or she was automaticaly disqualified) vs. she's not 'availble' or 'doesn't make the effort'.

What I was thinking was more along the line the line of you have a date for a phone call at a specific time. You call, good connection, Mommy answers and says "She's not here, don't know where, don't know when"....if this happens too often (twice? 3 times? 20 times? your judgement call) and she offers no excuse (or not a GOOD excuse) THEN you cut her off. Miss an internaet date becasue of the scenario you described? Forgiven, IF the next time you phone/internet chat or email she volunteers "Man, I had the worst luck tyring to meet you on the internet last Tuesday......".

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: