Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 08:22:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to send SASE's to Filipina penpals?  (Read 6591 times)
Matt
« on: November 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Matt]

Howdy y'all.

May I please have some input?

I would like to send some self-addressed stamped envelopes to a Filipina penpal.

Should I just put 10 of them in a large manila envelope and send it?

In the past, the envelopes got too hot in transit and stuck together.

Should I put wax paper in between the flaps of the envelopes?

When I send stamps, I wrap them up in wax paper and send them.

Also, when I send letters to the PI I always have the postal clerk print out the postage label, instead of putting on stamps. I always worry about my mail being "lost".

I have heard of some people using 2 envelopes to mail letters to the PI-a number 10 and a number 9 envelope. The letter is placed in a number 9 envelope and sealed and that envelope is placed in a number 10 envelope.

Would the following information from the book, "How to be invisible" by J.J. Luna, regard sending mail to Mexico be useful for the Philippines also?

http://www.howtobeinvisible.com/

from the book, pages 220-221:
--------
What is the best way to send mail to Mexico?

Mail service south of the border is a diaster.  Mailmen are underpaid, under-supervised, and some can just barely read. If a letter does not "look important", they may do one of two things: throw it away immediately or set it aside to deliver "manana". In Spain, the word manana usually means "tomorrow".  In Mexico, however, it merely indicates "not today". Tomorrow may never come.  There is no best way to send mail there but here is the least worst way.  I learned this from a mailman in Ameca, Jalico and I have tested it many times. The letter must look important. If you plan to receive mail in Mexico, give the following suggestions to the sender in the U.S.

1. Use a business-size (#10) envelope. Smaller ones seem to get lost, and larger envelopes do not fit well into the mail pouch.

2. Type the address, or print it on a laser printer in  large, easy-to -read letters.

3. Put a return address on the reverse side of the envelope. Make it look important, such as putting "Dr." in front of your name, or pehaps a religious title. Obisop (bishop) is even better.

4. Put small denomination postage stamps across the entire top of the envelope, to make the envelope look impressive.

5. Use some sort of rubber stamp near the left border, to give the impression that this is a registered or certified letter.

-------

Well, I don't know about using the pretty stamps to make the letter look impressive. I thought that Filipino mail workers might steal the letter if it had lots of pretty stamps, thinking that money was in it.

As for as using "Dr" or some religious title, perhaps the Filipina penpals would misunderstand it, and then think the sender is some kind of liar and not a "simple" man.

As for a typewriter, in this college town of Athens, Georgia, there is no public typewriter that I know of, available for use. The one at Kinko's was supposedly stolen by a customer, who just walked out with it. (I don't believe that!). And the typewriter at the public library is brand new, but already broken and thus out of order. (My rant for today is the lack of typewriters available, yet many forms require the use of a typewriter.)

Okay, maybe besides asking some questions, my post might help someone. At any rate, I got to practice my typing skills.

Y'all take care.

Humabdos
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How to send SASE's to Filipina penpals?, posted by Matt on Nov 25, 2003

1. Take a trip to the Philippines the longer the better.
        (if you've already been there go again)
2. There will be millions of Filipina's everywhere!

3. Meet one or more Filipina's and get to know them as best you can with the time you have.

4. Take the plunge and go for it... or, Go back home and think about it and continue writing the ones you like the best.

5. Make trip two and get married or, start back at step #2.

Hum

Ray
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Five step plan, posted by Humabdos on Nov 25, 2003

1. Take a trip to the Philippines the longer the better. (if you've already been there go again)

2. There will be millions of Filipinas everywhere!

3. Meet one or more Filipinas and get to know them as best you can with the time you have.

4. Take the plunge and go for it… or, Go back home and think about it and continue writing the ones you like the best.

5. Make trip two and get married or, start back at step #2.

6. Live happily ever after… or, lose one vacuum cleaner and go back to step #1. Repeat until you either get it right or until you run out of vacuum cleaners :-)

Ray

Humabdos
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  Six step plan, posted by Ray on Nov 26, 2003

Aren't you on your third vacuum cleaner now Ray?
Hum
Ray
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re:  Six step plan, posted by Humabdos on Nov 27, 2003

Yep! I'm collecting them. I now have 3 vacuum cleaners.

I'll keep an eye out for yours in the swap meets if you tell me what make and model it was :-)

Ray

Humabdos
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re:  Six step plan, posted by Ray on Nov 27, 2003

I hope you have a prenuptial! Lol

My old vacuum cleaner was the Gold digger model it has an attachment that sucks money right out of the wallet!
Hum

Ray
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re:  Six step plan, posted by Humabdos on Nov 27, 2003

:-)
Peter Lee
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Step 6.  Buy a motorcycle and tour the Philippines.  Take along your favorite Filipina.
Matt
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

n/t
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: