Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 01, 2024, 10:26:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anybody seen the movie "Kiss the Sky?"  (Read 3622 times)
Jeff S
« on: September 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

It's about two middle aged American men who go to the Philippines and end up in a threesome with a new age type Australian girl. They end up divorcing their wives and helping a strange guy build a buddhist temple. It's typical Hollywood "middle aged men seeking the meaning of life" hippy nonsense they like to force feed the American public - BUT the fabulous scenery of the Philippines and the pace of life there was really well done - some stunning photography. I just saw it on one of the HBO or Showtime channels. It's worth watching for the travelog if you can see past the moronic premise.

- Jeff

Windmill Boy
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Has anybody seen the movie "Kiss th..., posted by Jeff S on Sep 30, 2003

Hi Jeff

I  saw  the  movie about  a  year  ago   now  that  you  mention  it.  I  thought it  was  an interesting yet  strange topic  for a  movie.  Terrance  Stamp  plays  the  new  age  Buddist monk  guy.   I didn't  recall too many Scenery  shots  but I  suppose anything  is  better than    nothing.  I thought  it  was  a  little  strange  how  the 2  american  guys  could  just  leave  their  american lives families  and  businesses togther  to hang  out  in  the  Philippines  for  a  year  or  two  but  hey  its  a  fantasy  movie  so  go  with  the flow  I  suppose.  

I can't  comment  on  the  Scenery shots  too  much  as  I  have  not been  to  the  Philippines.  It  could  have  been  filmed  in  Hawaii  for all I  know.  I  don't  recall  too  many Filipinos  in  the  movie.   Visiting the  Philippines is  on  my  to  do  list  sometime  way off  in  the  future  maybe  though.   Actually  I  have  to  start  saving  my  money  for  a  trip  to  Guangzhou  China  sometime  in  winter / spring  of next year. I have  someone with very  strong possibilities  cooking with me  in  the  relationship  pot  over  there.  Actually  I  have  to  call  her  now next  as  it  is  4  AM  right now --  7 pm  for  her.

Windmill Boy

Humabdos
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Has anybody seen the movie "Kis..., posted by Windmill Boy on Sep 30, 2003

What's next Mongolia? On your way back from Red China you should really stop by the Philippines and stop wasting your time. ;-)

Hum

Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Japan, Red China..., posted by Humabdos on Sep 30, 2003

Didn't you catch Eric's Mongolian gf story? He already tried there.

- Jeff

"And I took the road less traveled,
and that has made all the difference."

- Robert Frost

Jeff S
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Has anybody seen the movie "Kis..., posted by Windmill Boy on Sep 30, 2003

.. tell us all about her.

- Jeff

Peter Lee
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Has anybody seen the movie "Kiss th..., posted by Jeff S on Sep 30, 2003

I heard of the Movie and miss it everytime it plays.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: