Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 05:22:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Trip page 9  (Read 1736 times)
Peter Lee
« on: September 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Meanwhile back on the motorbike, by this time we knew not to ask just anyone for directions. There are exceptions coz the streets have no signs and you have to guess which way when coming to a fork.   But asking mostly didn’t help coz we got lost asking just as much as when we guessed which way.  Oh well, it was all part of the adventure and people would like an excuse to talk to you even if they didn’t know which way to go.  The mall was impressive in Iloilo bigger than in Cebu and it didn’t take long to find ourselves around in the city on the bike.   We decided since we were on the island that has Boracay Island on its Northern tip that we should make it our next destination.  Boracay is an international known white beach island and resort but very small.  The map says 180 klm to a town on the tip of Panay I forgot the name.  I decided to go the rough and less traveled route on the West side of the island.   After gassing up and waiting for the downpour of rain to stop we were Off !!  We stopped in a hotel in Kalibo after the most adventurous ride of my life.  Well at the hotel Maricel found me beating on the radio we had for the bike.  It stopped working, I later found out that there was only one FM radio station and it signs off after 11pm.  Yes all bridges were under constructions and so were the roads, less than 25% of the roads were surfaced.   There were many bridges but the bridge from Hell I will never forget.  It was long, and had the planks for a car wheels on both sides.  Well on the bike you pick on the best plank side and go.  The planks have long ridges that can catch the front tires and make you loose control.  You have to keep your speed to keep your balance.  I thought for sure I was not going to make it.  If you look down you can see the few hundred feet drop and rocks below between the railroad style ties support.  No railings to stop the drop below if you loose control.   I said to myself that if I make it across on one piece I am a man.   We made it, bags and all and stopped to look at what we just did.  I don’t think I would do it again.  All the rivers we crossed on the west side of the Island looked the same, shallow with big round rocks.  

To be continued: page 9

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: