Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 05:25:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luggage Checking-in Q's  (Read 7228 times)
Jun Encarnado74
« on: August 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Hey guys.

Good morning. My wife + the baby, and my mom are going to Pinas on a China Airlines. They are flying from Indianapolis to Los Angeles via ATA and then China Air from L.A. to Manila.

Now my question is: Do they have to check-in at LAX again? from what I know, once you're checked-in you only have to claim your luggage/baggage at the final destination -- MNL. I told them that when they check-in their baggages to tell the Airline person at the IND airport that MNL is thier final destination, this way they don't have to check-in again at LAX....is this right?

I have done it so many times before but that was 1 (one) Airline (NW) from the Chicago to MNL..(I used to live in Chicago before..).

any advise?....salamat

aww....what is the weight limit now?..is it still 70 lbs.?

outwest77
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Luggage Checking-in Q's, posted by Jun Encarnado74 on Aug 19, 2003

Yikes China Airlines, worst safety record in Asia, took them last april, never again.....

Next time try Eva, never a fatality in the history of the airline.
Read up about china airlines here.

http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/taiwan.htm

Then Read about Eva

http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/eva.htm

nealt
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to China Yikes, posted by outwest77 on Aug 20, 2003

sorry i did not mean to say china air i am not thinking clear yet i meant to say cathay pacif
tneal
outwest77
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: China Yikes, posted by nealt on Aug 20, 2003

Flew Cathay last August, seems like a decent airline,
much newer planes than China, only thing is the legroom i am 6', i have heard Eva has 2 inches more legroom, but if you are flying your relatives from the phils, obviously, the legroom issue wont come up, Thank goodness they are not flying China, or you.
Jeff S
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to China Yikes, posted by outwest77 on Aug 20, 2003

The last few seconds of the cockpit voice recorder of a China Airlines MD-80 (DC-9) that crashed a few years back, killing all aboard went something like this:

Aircraft Audio Alarm (in English): "Terrain! PULL UP, Terrain! PULL UP"

Chinese Pilot to Co-Pilot (in Chinese): "What does 'PULL UP' mean?"

Co-Pilot (in Chinese): "I don't know."

So much for English being the official language of air traffic controllers and pilots.

- Jeff

outwest77
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to True story..., posted by Jeff S on Aug 20, 2003

Jefff i had heard that story before, and believe it to be true,
I flew china airlines last april, 2 days after i returned a 747 flying out of Tapei, just disintegrated in mid air, with hundreds of passengers and crew lost, a tragedy, cured me of flying them for good,
They try hard but the average age of the planes they fly is just too old. not enough money in the world to make them safe maintenance wise.
Humabdos
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Luggage Checking-in Q's, posted by Jun Encarnado74 on Aug 19, 2003

I think you will have to get your baggage again once you arrive at LAX, then you transfer to the International terminal. Same true on the return when you go thru customs before heading to the domestic terminal.

Hum

Jun Encarnado74
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Luggage Checking-in Q's, posted by Humabdos on Aug 19, 2003

hmmmm...the last time I went to Pinas was almost 2 years ago. I remember I had to be on American Airlines from Chicago to St. Luis and same carrier to SFO, then PAL to Manila. I do not remember checking-in my baggages again at SFO. I just claimed them at MNL......
well, I just wantd to make sure if they can do it here in Indy.

salamat.

Dave H
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Luggage Checking-in Q's, posted by Jun Encarnado74 on Aug 19, 2003

Hey Jun,

We always check our bags from Miami (AA) through to Manila (PAL). We don't touch the bags in SF or LA. If Indianapolis Airport has US Customs inspection, they should be able to do the same.

Dave H.

Humabdos
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Luggage Checking-in Q's, posted by Dave H on Aug 19, 2003

Last trip my bags where checked thru from Portland to Manila. On the return Customs is at the port of entry.

What's up Dave how ya doing?
Hum

Dave H
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Now that I think about it..., posted by Humabdos on Aug 24, 2003

Hey Hum,

Doing good! How are you and Sallie? How is your bamboo? I'm growing some "lucky bamboo' in the house. LOL

Dave H.

Humabdos
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bamboo, posted by Dave H on Aug 24, 2003

Bamboo growing great! Our Banana tree is really the eye catcher though It's about 8' tall now with 4' leaves. While not so impressive for FL or CA it's a whopper for Oregon!
It will die back in the winter but with mulching will survive to-20 and come back next spring. I finished the water fall last week so the Bamboo garden is nearing completion all we need is a few fish for the pond.

Regards to Marfie from Sallie and I

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: