Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 11:24:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vietnam Penpal Wesite Help Needed  (Read 37698 times)
mrvietnam
« on: August 24, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

We are one of only TWO licensed and legitimate dating services in Vietnam and are having programming problems with our website. If you are a credible and honest programmer/developer, please contact us accordingly to discuss a position helping us for a percentage of revenue. Thank you.

Mr Vietnam

Ray
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Vietnam Penpal Wesite Help Needed, posted by mrvietnam on Aug 24, 2003

Hi Mr. V,

Welcome aboard!

I doubt that you’ll find a credible programmer willing to work for a percentage. With this economy though, you just might find someone willing to do some consulting work for as little as $25-30 per hour.

What's the URL of your Website?

Ray

Bear
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Vietnam Penpal Wesite Help Needed, posted by mrvietnam on Aug 24, 2003

...there is a very large community of Viets and Koreans.  Generally they tend to stick together and not intermingle in the 1st generaltions to come here but the following generations do.

Last year their was an article about a Viet who came to Houston during the boat escapes after the war.  He had become a millionaire in Vienam and lost it all supporting the US, they relocated him and he became a millionaire again only to lose it with the fall of So. Vietnam.  He went to the refugee camp and again became a millionaire there.  It took him 7 years to be allowed to immigrate here.  But by this point he was tired of doing without to build a fortune.  His wife read him the riot act and he succumbed and purchased a donut shop in the area of Houston called Greens Point (back then it was nicknamed "Guns" Point due to all the crime).  Guess what!?  He is again a millionaire.  

They (Viets) have purchased large parts of Houston along with the Hong Kong "refugees" and developed it as "Viet Town" and "China Town".  The Koreans tend to blend in quite a bit more that the Viets and Chineese.  They own a large part of the neighborhood I live in and I think you could tell if you didn't already know.

The Filipinos are here too and but their gatherings are almost non-conspicuous.  If your not invited you never notice.  But they are not so financial inclined with the exception of the FASCT (Filipino Assoc. of So. Coast Texas) who have regular balls and politcal events.  They have one this week in support of Dr. DeBakey and Exxon.

I have in the past attempted to start businesses with Viets and found them to be very fair and honest.  The 2nd generation Viets and Chineese in some cases do form some gangs but not as bad as they report on TV.

Bear and Honey

Humabdos
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I know quite a few VC here in the states from what I have seen these VC women want nothing to do with an American man (unless he is rich or a doctor, lawyer ect...) The VC I have met are extreme high achievers.  I know four or five families here in Oregon most of them with daughters of marrying age. When I asked my one very good VC friends I have known for over twenty-five years why (when I was single) he never hooked me up with any of his nieces or relatives he became very silent about it. Finely after a while he told me most of these VC women would never marry a common carpenter  like myself but are looking for the high level executive type someone highly educated making big bucks (very similar to Japanese women)

Most of the VC I know who came here with nothing and couldn't even speak English  25 years ago are now living in $300,000 +  houses with high tech job's They prefer to have there daughters date and marry other VC men not some fat old horny white guy.

Any comments?

Hum

outwest77
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to What I have observed  with the VC, posted by Humabdos on Aug 24, 2003

[This message has been edited by outwest77]

My opinion is that filipinas are much more easily adapted to western culture etc, than 'vietnamese, thai, chinese, etc

I think anyone who did some investigating and travelled to many southeast asian countries would find that, most asians, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, etc........do not really like americans, they love our clothes, our movies, maybe even Coke Pepsi and Pizza Hut, but they do not in general, like us.

The filipinos, in contrast, at least from the impression i get, Really like americans, we liberated their country after all in WW2, and they teach english in the schools and print the newspapers in english. Now as far as filipinos living in the USA already, i have not met or known very many here in my state , so i cant really say what their attitude is, if they stay to themselves, etc.

As far as the social climbers etc, asians in general are more motivated than many americans, but not all are looking for rich,

In general though, the vietnamese dont want to mingle with americans that much, from what i have seen

Jeff S
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Viet, Laos, Chinese, filipino, posted by outwest77 on Aug 25, 2003

... it's not "Americans" that Japanese, Chinese, Thai, and most other Asians don't like, but rather, loud, obnoxious, drunkards with no semblance of manners, that comprise a goodly percentage of the Americans who have been traveling to Asia over the past half a century. No offense to drunken sailors or soldiers on leave from WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, or between the wars, but way too many "ugly Americans" have strongly influenced the attitudes of lots of Asians.

In my travels in Asia, I've noticed an initial basic distrust of Americans, not necessarily a dislike, but it seems to quickly evaporate once you demonstrate basic respect and manners.

- Jeff

Nathan
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Don't suppose you ever considered that....., posted by Jeff S on Aug 25, 2003

I have spent about 3 years in Asia in all, mostly SE Asia, and I can assure you that Americans, in spite of the "ugly" ones are actually quite high on the list of "white" nationalities, especially compared to German nationals and most other continental Europeans. Brits top the list, most likley for their manners, with Yanks and Canadians coming in next.
Jeff S
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Don't suppose you ever considered th..., posted by Nathan on Aug 25, 2003

Yep, the Gerrmans definately top the list for rudeness.

- Jeff

Nathan
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Don't suppose you ever considere..., posted by Jeff S on Aug 25, 2003

This usually went far beyond the German curtness, it is
arrogant vulgarity, the assumption that all Thai girls for example, are for only one thing, to be purchased and used, and the vast majority of German nationals I met there as well as most of the other continental Europeans I met there were not shy about expressing just those sentiments. Actually, few Thai girls want to be seen on the street with a foreigner for fear of the likely assumption that they are prostitutes.
Bob S
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Rude and Crude, posted by Nathan on Aug 25, 2003

are for only one thing..."

Yeah, COOKING!
Mmmm, Thai food.  *drool*

Jeff S
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to "all Thai girls..., posted by Bob S on Aug 26, 2003

... I found a great Thai place to take you near my office in Anaheim. Had a great lunch there today - Here it is an hour later and my sinuses are clear, and mouth is still burining!

- Jeff

Nathan
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to "all Thai girls..., posted by Bob S on Aug 26, 2003

[This message has been edited by Nathan]

Unfortunately, the average Thai food fare hardly measures up to what you or I might consider good Thai food such as a good Thai Restaurant here might feature. That would be considered the cream of the crop in Thailand and average fare there is not nearly so impressive.
  If a single guy is looking to meet a lady there, the various ethnic minorities living there from places such as Burma, Laos, or Cambodia are actually far more approachable,
as they don't rate so high in the local pecking order and
are more open to allinaces with outsiders. Of course, there are local Thai ladies who will go against the flow and consider foreign men. Be that as it may, my own experience, having lived in both countries, is that Thailand is for those who have not yet been to the Philippines when it comes to ease of social interaction.
Jeff S
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Rude and Crude, posted by Nathan on Aug 25, 2003

Dave H
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Don't suppose you ever considered that....., posted by Jeff S on Aug 25, 2003

Hey Jeff,

The trouble is that most Asians assume all white guys are "Americans"...when in fact many are not. I ran into a few obnoxious "Americans" (I was told) in the Philippines who turned out to be English and German.

Dave H.

Dave H
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to A Bad Rap...., posted by Dave H on Aug 25, 2003

The rude Englisman I saw was drunk cursing out Filipinos for calling him "Joe." Many still probably thought he was a Kano. LOL

Dave H.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: