Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 11:58:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The suspense is killing me!!!  (Read 5998 times)
capt david
« on: August 29, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I got a call this morning at school from Era's aunt in North Carolina. She said that FED-X called era's mother in Mabolo with a letter, but she can't pick it up until 8:00. It better be the Visa. If so my quest will be almost over. I plan on Era flying Cebu-Tokyo-Houston with PAL-Continental and purchasing my tickets through Travelocity unless someone else has any other ideas. Later, capt david
capt david
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to The suspense is killing me!!!, posted by capt david on Aug 29, 2003

Thanks again for your support and help!!! Do you recon my life might be in for a big change?Huh? hehe God bless, capt david
Humabdos
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hallelujah, she got the Visa!!!!!!, posted by capt david on Aug 30, 2003

n/t
Dave H
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hallelujah, she got the Visa!!!!!!, posted by capt david on Aug 30, 2003

Hi Capt. David,

That is fantastic news!!! You're in for a BIG change! My life has done a 180 for the better.

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Ray]

Congratulations Capt!

That was a long wait but it's all worth it in the end! Hope the little lady has a safe flight and yes, you're life is in for a big change.

Don't forget to remind her to bring her tabo. They're hard to find over here... :-)

Ray

Humabdos
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to The suspense is killing me!!!, posted by capt david on Aug 29, 2003

NWA.com She can get the E ticket in Manila you pay here with credit card.
Hum
capt david
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The suspense is killing me!!!, posted by Humabdos on Aug 29, 2003

... 0n Northwest Airline? The advantage of continental, is that it's non-stop to Houston and she flys from Cebu. capt david
Mita
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Is that....., posted by capt david on Aug 29, 2003

Just flew in from Biloxi MS thru Houston TX last night and we thought we'd never make it.

Leaving Colorado Springs last Tuesday afternoon, our flight was delayed about 45 minutes cause the plane wouldn't start and they needed some gizmo to power it up.  Of course Continental didn't have one of their own so they had to borrow and haul one from the other side of the airport.

Then last night, our 5:25 pm flight was delayed for 4 and a half hours after 2 aborted take offs.  The plane got a warning message and wouldn't steer the first time and we had to be hauled back to the terminal to have some part replaced.  After an hour and half, we have another aborted take off because the plane got another warning at take off - "the part was probably the wrong one"  and we will be on our way "momentarily" - a VERY LONG moment it was.  As we were flying over Houston after a successful take-off, we experienced two scary jolts - a result of wake turbulence from the 767 that took off a few minutes before us.  Nice way to send you off into the dark skies....

I have never, ever had such a terrible experience with ONE airline.  I have flown small Indonesian airlines that were notoriously inept with scary sounding names, Philippine domestic airlines like Cebu Pacific, a Cathay Pacific flight that landed on NAIA happily bouncing up and down (a big disappointment) but never the level of service that we got on this last trip.

Jeff S
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Non-stop Narita to Houston? What a flight! I didn't know they could go that far. I remember back in the days when they used to have to use a 747SP (shortened extra range model) just to go Tokyo to LA.

That sounds like a really price, though, to me.

- Jeff

Humabdos
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

You must be paying a hefty price for that! I never met a rich school teacher before.
Hum
capt david
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Is that....., posted by Humabdos on Aug 29, 2003

I'm going to shop arround, but the price is $676. If you know of something better let me know? thanks capt david
Humabdos
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to You still haven't met one, hehe...., posted by capt david on Aug 30, 2003

Buy now! Even a poor teacher can afford that!
Hum
Howard
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to You still haven't met one, hehe...., posted by capt david on Aug 30, 2003

Capt,

That's really not bad for a non-stop at all!

Congratulations, your perseverence has definitely paid off Smiley

My BEST to the both of you!

Keep the Faith

H

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: