Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 29, 2024, 01:31:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety in the Philippines  (Read 4427 times)
Rota20
« on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

For those who have actually traveled to the PI and seen a lot of the country, what can you tell me about personal safety and security?  A friend of mine told me that Manila is a very dangerous place for a foreigner to go alone.  Apparently, foreigners are takend advantage of, robbed, or even assaulted especially if they're alone.  How safe is the Philippines really?  Is Manila as bad as I hear?  What are the more safer cities around the country?  Thanks for the book recommendations!
don2222
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Safety in the Philippines, posted by Rota20 on Aug 30, 2003

Hi Rota,
 I have been here in the Phils since March, and this is my 6th trip to the Phils.  I have been to Leyte, Ilo-Ilo, Cebu, Manila, Bohol, Dumaguete, Davao, Palawan, and more.
Anyway, I have never, ever had any problems anywhere in the Phils. I feel much safer here than I do in America.
I am a night owl, and I go out to eat and to the grocery stores late at night, and still, not one problem.
Manila is probably less safe than the rest of the Phils, but I would bet that I am safer there than in most of Los Angeles, NYC, Washington DC, or my home city of Atlanta.
It really amuses me when people worry about my safety here in the Phils, but do not say a word when I visit cities in the U.S. that are a lot less safe than the Phils.
Anyway, just use common sense, and you should be fine.

Don

Humabdos
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I have been in the Phils since March..., posted by don2222 on Aug 30, 2003

In 10 trips to the Philippines in 10 years never a problema!

Did you make it to Shadows wedding in Dumaguete?
Hum

don2222
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Same here Don, posted by Humabdos on Aug 31, 2003

I did not make it to the wedding. Shadow and I somehow lost touch. I wish I had been there, i have only seen one wedding here so far, and they are different from american weddings

Don

Nathan
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I have been in the Phils since March..., posted by don2222 on Aug 30, 2003

Glad you are enjoying your stay...there is a good possibilty that we are moving back to Cagayan De Oro this coming spring- more likely than not in fact...keep in touch.

Nathan

don2222
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I have been in the Phils since March..., posted by Nathan on Aug 30, 2003

Hi Nathan,
 Yes, keep me informed. I still have not been to CDO yet.
It would be fun to meet you there.

Don

Nathan
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I have been in the Phils since March..., posted by don2222 on Aug 30, 2003

Don,

You do need to get down to CDO! I think you would quite like it. I will send you an email soon.

Nathan

HaroldC
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Safety in the Philippines, posted by Rota20 on Aug 30, 2003

Your profile says you are interested in Latins.

Regarding safety, I'll let you know when (if?) I make it back. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: