Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 05:01:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need BCIS help from the board please......  (Read 2794 times)
red
« on: July 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I went to the INS, now the BCIS in Orlando yesterday to get an AOS for Rosie. We were told that the BCIS now requires an appointment to see an officer. This started this month. A day off from work and a 2 hour drive for nothing. We went to Disney to salvage the day.

The security gaurd took a liking to us and tried to get someone to see us anyway, but they would not. He did come back out with some forms and told us we did not have to come back, just to fill them out and mail them to the Orlando office. I thought we had to see an immigration officer? Has this policy changed?

Also, the forms i had were her G325A, my I-864, her EAD with a $120 dollar money order,and her I-485 with a $255 dollar money order. But according to the forms the security gaurd gave me, i also have to fill out a form I-130. Is this also necassary? I did not think i had to fill this out.

Here is a link to the website   http://www.bcis-fla.com   What a nightmare. I went to the INS before and was told they don't take appointments, and now am told they won't see u without one. Also, according to the instructions i was given, all applications for AOS must be mailed to the Orlando office and and will not be accepted in person. There is nothing about this on the BCIS website about this. I am confused and need help once again from you good people.

Thanks in advance for your help as always.

Best Regards
Red

Ray
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I need  BCIS help from the board please...., posted by red on Jul 23, 2003

Hi Red,

Yep, it does seem like a nightmare at times, but it’s all worth it :-)

Unfortunately, every local BCIS office has somewhat differing policies and it seems that they are always changing them. I think it is becoming the norm at most local offices that they want the AOS applications mailed in.

You don’t need to file an I-130 for a K-1. You should submit a copy of your I-129F approval notice, a copy of your marriage certificate, and her I-94 as evidence of eligibility.

Also, I would highly recommend that she also apply for Advance Parole (Form I-131) along with the AOS package. If she should need it for an emergency back home, it will be invaluable.

More info here/read section 6:

http://www.k1faq.com/#step 4

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I need  BCIS help from the board ple..., posted by Ray on Jul 24, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

We went to Miami...so any BCIS office information that I could provide would be totally useless. LOL It was INS then, but I doubt it has changed very little. Many people apply for AOS in person there. As for operations, there appears to be no rhyme or reason in Miami... There are two long lines around the block in opposite directions one day (one for applications and another for returning applicants) and only one the next. The people in the second line on the "unofficial" day are told to go to the back of the single line (after having waited in line overnight or since shortly after midnight). On "official" two line days, returning people are sent out of the first line to the end of the second line. All the while hearing security guards screaming "Get up against the wall or I'll throw you out of here!" How do they decide how many lines to have? I heard a security guard say, "Lets make two lines today."

I wasn't impressed by the staff at the application, as they made errors which required us to return...even after we questioned three of them. An INS employee called us on the phone and I told her that I refused to wait in a line again when we returned. She said to talk to the security when we arrived the next week. Security, as expected, refused to let us in, so I talked to an INS agent who had walked outside and we got right in. I must say in all fairness that the AOS interviewer was professional, yet friendly and not intimidating.

Finally...my wife got her Green Card in the mail yesterday...17.5 months after filing AOS (8.5 months after AOS Interview). I am one very happy MF'er!

Dave H.

red
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I need  BCIS help from the board please...., posted by red on Jul 23, 2003

In regards to the I-130, According to the INS website, if you have a copy of the Form I-797 Notice of Action which shows the I-130 was approved, then the I-797 is all you need.

Can i just submit the I-797 like i had planned or do i have to fill out the I-130 all over again with a $130 dollar fee?

It would have been nice if the BCIS had updated info regarding their "walk-in" policies in visiting a sub office and the new appointment only policy they just adopted. The old info is still up, and even the BCIS-FLA site says they will continue to see walk-ins too, but we were turned down cold, as were several others. Please ckeck with your local office to avoid disappointment if you have to go there.

Best Regards
Red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: