Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 04:20:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AOS INterview HELP  (Read 4471 times)
Jun Encarnado74
« on: July 31, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Guys:

my wife is going to have her AOS interview next week. One thing bothers me and it is that one of the lists requires me to bring a bank statement. Damn it, I just made a big withdraw for my wife's and my mom's ticket to pinas for vacation. obviously, the number in my account is no longer "impressive"...or something. but i have an employment letter and i make good income and pay stubs and sh#t like that.

Now, do I really need to have a freakin' bank statement? also, do we have to have a Joint Account just to prove that our name are together?...our health insurance card has our names on it, is that ok?

That's all guys..and any interview TIPS are welcome.

Thanks

Jeff S
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to AOS INterview HELP, posted by Jun Encarnado74 on Jul 31, 2003

The only document the interviewer looked at in our interview, was a receipt for two suits at Eagleson's Big and Tall clothing store, he found in my wife's purse. That store isn't high on the list of favorite shopping spots for Japanese.

- Jeff

Jun Encarnado74
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: AOS INterview HELP, posted by Jeff S on Aug 1, 2003

wait a minute, man....did you mean the interviewer looked in your wife's purse?....what other tips or something you can give us?...thank you.
Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: AOS INterview HELP, posted by Jun Encarnado74 on Aug 1, 2003

Yes. He picked up her purse, pulled out her wallet and started going through it. I'm not sure if he asked or not - she was alone with him and her English was so poor at that time he may have said something. It was the second thing he pulled out and that pretty much ended the interview. That was some time ago though - and it was for the removal of conditional status (after two years.) The AOS interview was about two minutes with the two of us.

I don't have any tips to offer from my very limited experience with the interviewers, except to relax. We dressed nicely and acted professionally. I'm sure that contributed to the brevity of the interviews, since many in the waiting room were dressed slovenly and appeared to be unskilled laborer types.

I saw a TV show once where they showed recorded INS interviews of obviously fraudulently married couples. It was hilarious when the two people were asked the same question and answered so differently. It was nothing like the movie "Green Card" when Gerard Depardeau fails the interview because he can't remember his supposed wife's face cream. These were like:

Interviewer: "Where do you live?"
Him: "An apartment in Seattle."
Her: "A house in Los Angeles."

Interviewer: "How many kids do you have?"
Him: "No kids yet."
Her: "Six, our boys and two girls."

Generally speaking, the interviewers appear friendly and sincere. They never fire off questions like lawyers - it seems more like a pleasant conversation. They're just trying to ascertain whether or not you two are really married. Relax. I've never read a post here saying they flunked their interview.

Good luck!

- Jeff

Jun Encarnado74
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: AOS INterview HELP, posted by Jeff S on Aug 1, 2003

that made me relax. both of us are very confident we'll make it. even my wife last night told me to be positive about it..hehehehe..i am the one who is freakin' out.

anyways, thanks for that reply.

Dave H
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to AOS INterview HELP, posted by Jun Encarnado74 on Jul 31, 2003

Hey Jun,

It should go fine! Our AOS interview went smoothly! After waiting for several hours to go in, we couldn't believe that it was over so quickly. The interviewer was friendly and did not try to trick us with deceiving questions. She asked how we met and if I had visited her home in the Philippines. She asked to see our marriage license, some photos (she liked the wedding ones), and evidence that we live together. We had a few letters addressed to my wife from her mother and one from her cousin, a magazine, some pay check stubs, and a joint bank statement. That was about it.  

I don't think the balance in your account is of any concern. If they ask, just explain like you did here. More important than a joint bank account is the baby you have together. Bring your baby's birth certificate and photos. You might bring a few doctor or hospital bills, especially those addressed to your wife. Good Luck!

Dave H.

Jun Encarnado74
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Relax! Don't Sweat It!, posted by Dave H on Aug 1, 2003

Thanks DaveH.

man, I'm cool now. i did not have any freakin' idea how this interview would go. anyways, like you said, our baby is more proof than our joint bank account...but, hey we do not have a joint account though. i never really thought of that since we got married and neither did she bog me about it. does that really contribute a big factor?

salamat.

Dave H
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Relax! Don't Sweat It!, posted by Jun Encarnado74 on Aug 1, 2003

Hi Jun,

Actually we didn't have a joint bank account at the time of the interview either. My wife had a savings account in her name that she uses to send money (ATM card) to the Philippines. Don't worry about studying for an exam...I memorized my wife's favorite tooth paste, Filipino foods and drinks, flowers, places to travel, her parents full names and dates of birth, etc. She did the same. LOL BCIS never asked. We were together throughout the brief interview and they only asked simple questions that we both knew the answers to...and they didn't. Shocked)))

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: