Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 11:07:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teach English in the Philippines?  (Read 3485 times)
Matt
« on: June 27, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

http://ice.prohosting.com/rclarock/

Jay
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Teach English in the Philippines? , posted by Matt on Jun 27, 2003

Hi Matt,

Interesting. I would do it if I could spare a month or two. Sounds like fun to me.

Jay

Matt
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Teach English in the Philippines? , posted by Jay on Jun 27, 2003

Howdy Jay! Hope you and your family are well. How is your flight training going?

Yes, I found this link, and it looks good.

I emailed them, but no response. I just wonder if the operators of this school are running afoul of Filipino law and are trying to be cautious? No names, locations, etc. are listed.

It looks like a nice working vacation; on the surface anyway.

Good day to all!

Jay
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi Jay!, posted by Matt on Jun 28, 2003

[This message has been edited by Jay]

Hi Matt,

Yes, I must say I did find this add to be a bit odd also. Why would they not say where it is? Probably because they are doing it without having their "teachers" get work visa's? I don't know. What I found kind of wierd was thier way of wording the program. Particularly "It is a relaxed atmosphere, but a strictly English one." What happens if a kid speaks chinese? Does he get punished? kind of sounds like it. If that was the case, I couldn't be involved. Can't see Beeeotch slapping a kid for speaking his native language. ;-) Anyway, a very interesting add none the less. Part of my brain is screaming, "Scam!!" though, I'm not sure why. It would be interesting to see if they reply to your e-mail.

As for the family, they are fine. April's wedding was nice, though I believe the grooms family to be a bit prejudiced. Also, I really don't think they liked it when I had the DJ take off the oldies stuff (nobody dancing) and put on my personalized cd's, beginning with AC/DC's "Thunderstuck" and put on my best Angus Young(?) imitation. Hehe. It did get the place jumping though. Within 20 minutes most everyone was dancing to my tunes. I spent the evening teaching the old folks how to "rock out" and Criselda made sure their drinks kept comming. :-) Worked out fine. We had a blast. So did April and her husband. The DJ was so happy he offered to smoke a joint with me, but I respecfuly declined. LOL!

As for flying, well I just fly for fun now. I have to save money for the Instrument and commercial ratings before I can get paid to fly. Should take me about a year. I will be doing all the rest of my training in twin engine aircraft at a school up the coast a bit. No more single engine putt-putts for me. I feel the need for speed! LOL! If your ever around Ft. Lauderdale, look me up. I'll give you a ride. So far I haven't found anyone who will fly with me. LOL! Every new pilot has this problem. :-)

Thanks for your interest,

Take Care,
Jay

Dave H
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hi Jay!, posted by Jay on Jun 30, 2003

Hey Jay,

I'm glad to hear you and your family are doing fine! I wish we could have made the wedding...sounds like you had a real blast! Shocked))) I had a guy visit who was willing to fly with you, but you would have had to flown with your head out the window... After driving around town a few times, I'm still picking the bugs out of my teeth. :oD

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: