Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 28, 2024, 12:31:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldiggers  (Read 10023 times)
outwest
« on: March 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

The part of my post which was continual, and the last in the series
was the "too much in a hurry" post, that referred to money, and
how this girl i was corresponding with was one to watch out for,
referred to her and some other girls   ........asking for money
before they even met a guy, for whatever reason,..........if thats
not a golddigger, i dont know what is, ,.....I was not referring to
filipinas in general , who come from less affluent backgrounds, which
is almost always the case....marrying a western man.....That in itself
cannot be classified as a Golddigger.....But...in my case the fact
that the girl I was referring to asked for money before we even met.
at the same time professing her "love" and "I am true to you",,
blah blah blah, then 2 days after i refused to send any money to
"help" her out.....she gets "engaged " to another guy,,,sight unseen,
now if that is not a Gold Digger, I dont know what is.
rgg
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Goldiggers, posted by outwest on Mar 16, 2001

To have a better understanding of a Pinay, let me give you some insights on what she would expect from someone professing love to her.  For a young, not so educated Pinay coming from a poor family, she would be flattered if she is showered with gifts,& other material things which her family cannot provide.  This is particularly true if her suitor is a foreigner.  He is viewed as someone who can saved her from poverty and give her a better living condition.  Moreover, if the young Pinay feels that you're TL na TL (true love) with her, sometimes she demands something like, gifts, money, etc. to test how much you love her and how far you will go for her.  Sounds silly but Pinoy suitors also experience this like doing chores for the Pinay's family.  However, for a mature, professional  Pinay coming from a well-off family, ideally she takes her time to gauge your sincerity and truthfullness.  Material things would not be a major factor in deciding to love a Kano.  She would scrutinize your background, reasons for the divorce, how well she can adapt to changes in environment, culture, etc.before she decides to marry you.  Although there are some who would consider a green card a plus factor or the only factor.  At any rate, marrying a Pinay whether she is a 10 or a 3, disabled or normal, requires not only more time but also, emotional, financial, spiritual investment.  Go slow and take your time, this way, both parties will avoid getting burned.  
                                        rgg
Dave H
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Goldiggers, posted by rgg on Mar 16, 2001

Hi rgg,

Sounds familiar. I polished the wood floor of my fiancee's house with a coconut shell. LOL I tried to do a good job, but they all thought it was funny. Shocked) I got tired after about 5 minutes and was sweating all over the place. My fiancee finished for me and made it look easy. It was a good thing they were only teasing me. ;o)

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: