Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 28, 2024, 07:24:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Filipina Dreamgirl  (Read 14028 times)
Cecil
« on: March 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello my friends,

I want to warn you first that this is going to be one of my long boring stories so you may wish to skip to the next post.  With all the talk recently of scammers and golddiggers, I thought it might be nice to hear a more positive story.  So here goes my tale...
When I began this search for my filipina, I did as most do and wrote to many ladies.  Three years ago, email was rare in the Phils so I would write those letters once a month.  I quickly concluded that I did not have the patience for letter writing so I decided to take a tour instead.  The man that owned the tour agency also ran a address agency.  If you ordered addresses from his agency, he would contact you about taking a tour.  He gave all the men who were taking the tour some free addresses so we could find penpals before going to the islands.  The addresses agency was called Filipina Dreamgirl.  Since the addresses were free, I figured I would accept them.  As I look through the site for the ladies addresses,  I gazed upon a young filipina who was so beautiful and exotic that there should have been a caption which read "Cecil, don't even bother looking at this one!".  She was so beautiful that I didn't even have the right to look at her picture and from her profile she seemed to be very nice.  Her name is Tess.  I asked for her address along with several others.  I bailed out of the tour at the last second becoz I couldn't see myself marrying a lady that I knew for a half hour.  About a year later, I decided to give letter writing another try and I found this old list of addresses which I had never used.  I knew that a beauty like Tess would never be around a year later but I thought that all I had to lose was postage so I sent her a letter and a photo.  I had completely forgotten about this a month later when I arrive home from work and unbelievably there is a red and blue airmail letter from my dreamgirl.  To my amazement, she wrote to tell me that she had received many letters a year ago but she didn't think anyone knew about this gal in Surigao del Norte.  She said that she liked my letter and very much wanted to be my friend.  Now at this point, I am thinking the same thing that you are thinking.  There has to be something wrong with this filipina which I don't know.  A sweet, loving, beautiful girl who gets a ton of letters doesn't last over a year.  What does she have a wooden leg?  I was compelled to find out the truth behind this so I wrote back to her.  Every letter she wrote to me was so sweet and sincere.  She promised to send more photos and I thought now we will see how she REALLY looks like.  By now I was so pleased with her ways that she could have looked like Lassie.  I slowly turned her pictures around to see that she was more beautiful than before and now she looked more like a woman than a girl.  I continued writing to her and revealed something very personal to her.  She wrote back to say that she had to tell me something about her but I probably wouldn't write back when I heard it.  I'm sorry but I can't say what that was becoz it is private.  I wrote back to tell her that I cared so much for her becoz she had been such an honest one.  We have a special bond becoz I know that she cares for me for reasons other than finances and she knows that I care for her for reasons other than her beauty.  Could she be a scammer?  As my mom used to say you really never know someone until you are married to them.  I would say to those who are searching like me to know that there are filipina dreamgirls like Tess out there for you.

Take Care,

Cecil

Timee
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Filipina Dreamgirl, posted by Cecil on Mar 16, 2001

Tell us, what is the very personal matter.  What happened to all the other guys in the letters?  Does she have a child?

Every bit of information concerning finding a good woman is helpful to all.  

Would you ask your dream girl a few questions on behalf of the men on this board.

I would like to know what is the general or prevailing negative views of Americans?  Explain that you know how the U.S. military has used the Philippino people. You need to know what the true views of the people are.  If she should come back that no one has nevative views of Americans, drop her. She is either being seltered from the truth, living in a fantacy land  or lieing.

How often does she think of her furture?  What are the Philippino men like?  How are women treated in the Philippine and give examples?  What is the diffrence between a good girl and a bad girl and how can you tell the diffrence?  Let us know what the answers are.

The advice that I can give you concerning any woman from the Philippines is to remove the problems before they become problems.  Every person who relocated to a diffrent country goes through a period of depression.  Remove the depression.  The food will taste diffrent, especialy the chicken,  locate the markets with live chickens.  Be careful of your freinds.

Sometimes a man is so close to his feeling that he can not see.  The thought of falling in love may only exist in American reality.  Falling in love is not a normal concept accepted in many parts of the world. Many women in the world live in a land of hopelessness.

I am happy for you.  Be careful and let us know the results.

Bear
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: My Filipina Dreamgirl, posted by Timee on Mar 17, 2001

nt
Ray
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Yep Cecil, those Surigaonon women are the best. I’d have to say that at least 80% of them are pure angels. OOPS! There I go generalizing again.(Sorry Carrisse)   :-)

I wish you luck!

Ray

FL
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Like you Cecil and many others here, I truly believe I've met my dream girl. Like yours, she had a story that she feared would send me away. It brought us closer. Just as my story did. When we talked of what we wanted and expected from the other person, her response was "to love is not about expecting something as it is about accepting the person unconditionally, expectations often brings disapointment" When I explained to her that the income of a garbageman does not go far, her response was "I don't fear being poor, We(family) have been poor all our lives, No, my fear growing up was that I would never experience really being in love". So why is this not a good topic? Talking about the good filipinas doesn't generate much discussion, does it?
 People who will beat the words beware, warning, scammers, etc., etc. into the ground, don't have much to say here. It's contrary to their message of "you'll see". Alot of condemnations, accusations, generalizations, but not much response to positive posts, only two one liners to yours. A cyber "crab" mentality? One poster even has decided that 80% (down from his original 90%) of all pinays are scammers, another wants to know why more pinays only come and post to defend and not to contribute anything. Maybe because the constant topic here is "bad girls". Enough rambling, THANKS for the long, not boring post, I would like to read of more "dream girl" stories, because there are so many good girls to write about, maybe 80% are "dreamgirls".......
SteveB
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: My Filipina Dreamgirl / not good top..., posted by FL on Mar 17, 2001

Good post FL!
humabdos
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: My Filipina Dreamgirl / not good..., posted by SteveB on Mar 17, 2001

Nice suck up Mr brown nose!
FL
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: My Filipina Dreamgirl / not ..., posted by humabdos on Mar 17, 2001

It's no wonder why your ex-wife s#$@t-canned you!
 She definitly got the better deal with a vacuum cleaner and a used car. Nice post though, thanks for a laugh!
MAY
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: My Filipina Dreamgirl / not good top..., posted by FL on Mar 17, 2001

My 4th day here and as I was reading the new posts....i nearly decided to make my last mesage tonight and say....I give up and bid everyone good luck.

But, see (?)...my original post still holds true...there is still some few that will see the difference.

When people are asked to build a better world...our answers are  "how?"....The world is complicated, cold and dark place and there's nothing we can do....and yet,  we forget that  the answer is really very simple.  And, that is for each one of us to build better us.

sid
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Cecil, I wish you joy and every bit as much love and happiness as my dear wife has given me for the past eight years.

May God pour out His blessings on you and Tess.

Dave H
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Cecil,

Honesty is a big part of what attracted my fiancee and I to each other. I can live with the truth. It is finding out about the lies that kills me.

Good luck to both of you!

Dave H.

The Mog
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sounds Like a Dreamgirl!, posted by Dave H on Mar 17, 2001

All in all, in my two trips to the Philippines and all my pen pal letters my biggest problem is which one to choose. I love them all. And from even the very poorest one, not a single girl except for one has even hinted at asking me for money.
I admire that. A lot. How many poor Americans could show that kind of inner dignity given that the roles were reversed? Very few I would assume. Everybody lies. Its a part of life.
We have to sometimes. Sometimes it gets us in trouble, sometimes people get hurt. Personally, from all the people Ive met over in the RP, and all the people Ive met in my life in the USA, I think Americans are much more adept at maintaining hidden agendas and lying. Perhaps it is our culture, but growing up here and dating many girls over the years, looking back unless you were some kind of male model type, a lot of American girls are interested in your ability to provide for them financially, or your possessions..
The girls that were self-sufficient usually were attracted by looks or power if money was not of interest.
My point is that people are not that different.
We all want to better our lot in life.
Life is a beautiful journey, filled with love, laughter, pain, sorrow, anger and hate, frustration and joy.
Money is a piece of paper.
A girl that may start out with only her and her families well being in mind may grow to love the man for what he is in time.
A girl who dreams only of love in the beginning may find herself succumbing to the Good ol American habits of greed and avarice in time.
If one has a bad experience, or hears of others who have and sits on the sidelines in fear, misses out on the adventure that is "life"...
And that is a very sad thing.....
Dave H
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Sounds Like a Dreamgirl!, posted by The Mog on Mar 17, 2001

Hi Mog,

"A girl that may start out with only her and her families well being in mind may grow to love the man for what he is in time.

A girl that dreams only of love in the beginning may find herself succumbing to the Good ol American habits of greed and avarice in time."

-The Mog

That makes sense, it does happen. But, it is great to have both! ;o)

An immature view of love, learned in romance novels and soap operas can lead to disaster. I don't consider that to be more than infatuation.

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Sounds Like a Dreamgirl!, posted by The Mog on Mar 17, 2001

n/t
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: