Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 04:23:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cousin with concerns  (Read 3496 times)
Peter Lee
« on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

My fiancée has a cousin who has emailed her bf for over a year, they believe they are in love.  He calls this cousin 2 and 3 times per day.   He calls her at her time at 3 in the morning, something I would not do due to respect of my fiancée and upsetting her sleep for her next days work.  He has sent money for her cousin to rent a house and enough money that she does not have to work.    This guy is 38 and works for some company and is scheduled to come in June to get married.   They have never met and only seen each other via pictures and emails.   Her cousin is worried that he may change his mind about her as he has never seen her.   She also has some doubts that until she sees him face to face she also could change her mind.   I ask my fiancée what are they talking about 2 and 3 times per day on the phone.   She is not sure but suggested it is sex content and they will talk for over an hour at a time.   This is expensive so I guess he must be rich, and of course my gf wants to know how come I don’t call as much as he?   My phone calls are about 2 times per week we email each day and chat at least every other day and I do not at this time get into any sex talk.   Now the clincher, her cousin says her bf wants to buy property in her name and mango trees up to 2 million peso.   Does this sound legitimate to you?   It sure sounds suspect to me, I hope this is not a scam guy.   The cousin says he wants to retire [now he is 38] and live off the profits of the mangoes.   He has never been to the Philippines yet, never seen his fiancée and has ask her to investigate land and mango trees that she is not qualified to research.  It sounds at best he is showing off to her and at worst scamming her.  Any advice from the board on this kind of investment to see if what he is proposing is a legitimate one.   The land is supposed to be purchased in Cebu and he wants to retire there with her.   No talk of spousal visa or life in the USA for her cousin???.  Any suggestions??
Humabdos
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cousin with concerns, posted by Peter Lee on May 14, 2003

n/t
wizard
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I hate to be the devil's advocate...

What if there were NO cousin...

Could it be that she just made up this story to make you feel guilty for not sending $$$$ to HER???

Peter Lee
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Cousin with concerns, posted by wizard on May 14, 2003

Good point
I believe there is a cousin though
Ray
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Peter,

I would stay out of this one if I were you. If your girlfriend wants to know why you aren't doing what this other guy is doing, advise her to go marry him instead.

I don't think this sounds like a scam, but just another fool flashing his money around. If he really wants to retire over there and grow mangos, that's great. Foreigners cannot own property in the Philippines, so it would be natural that any property purchased would have to be in his wife's name.

Ray

greg
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I know, Him buying the land blab blab would be in her name, not the Foreginer. She could keep all the profit for Herself. The millions in pesos he send could make her a very rich Pinay in RP..She could use the $$$$$$$ for other things, then simply dump Him when his money to Her dry up. A good opportunity for Guys to test their Mahal's true intentions is to send only a reasonable amount of funds only for her own needs, and say Noooo, Sorry to extra funds requested that has zero to do with helping herself. Guys need to be straight forward with their Mahals, need to be himself. Guys impressing their Mahals and her family by flashing and bragging about His wealth is setting Himself up for a serious plm with his future wife.
greg
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi Peter Lee, from what, posted by greg on May 14, 2003

only a Fool would send Tons of $$$$$$$ to a Person without actually meeting in person. Guys should only send enough to help pay for emailing, transportation if they are into sometime serious, otherwise he shouldn't send a dime. Many Filipinos in RP are making a good living off Fools
greg
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to btw, what U posted sound like a Joke, posted by greg on May 14, 2003

is around in his 60's married to a girl about 22. He's on a small SSI income..I was amazed how he used to run up over $800 monthly phone bills chatting with his Mahal, when they weren't even married at that point. He made a habit of throwing away his small income on her and her family..Later he was soo broke he had to sell his house in California to make ends meet...Don't be surprised, there are plenty of Fools out there. Nothing new, ooold news.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: