Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 10:30:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meeting the penpals, or One in 40 Million...  (Read 25767 times)
don2222
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi Don, Gooood Pointers..Baaaad Teeeth &..., posted by greg on May 16, 2003

[This message has been edited by don2222]

hi Greg,
 Maybe I am going a little overboard on the teeth thing.
It is one of the first things I notice, so I am a little particular about them.
Anyway, I did not notice a relationship between a womans financial status and her teeth.  I think it is more of a cultural thing that teeth are just viewed as not that important, and that it might just be normal to loose your teeth as you get older.

Thanks,

Don

Febtember
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi Don, Gooood Pointers..Baaaad Teeeth &..., posted by greg on May 16, 2003

very good post Greg.Thank you
Jeff S
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Meeting the penpals, or One in 40  Milli..., posted by don2222 on May 16, 2003

Sounds like you're really learning a major lesson. Thanks for the treatise. BTW are you still optomistic? Have you thought of trying somewhere else?

- Jeff

don2222
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wow, Don..., posted by Jeff S on May 16, 2003

[This message has been edited by don2222]

Hi Jeff,
 I have had some really nice experiences, and have met some really special people.  Just trying to express my opinion that meeting women through the internet is probably the very worst way.  The internet has gotten to be too popular with the ones with bad intentions.
So many guys are meeting penpals I thought I would give it a try myself.
Not all are bad.
There is one penpal that I met in Ilo-ilo.  I scheduled my arrival to be the day before her birthday, and I asked her if I could take her and her friend swimming.
While we were getting ready to go swimming, my penpal burst out into tears, I mean she is crying so very hard I am freaking out a little.  I thought I must have said something so horribly offensive.  After about 10 minutes of consoling her it comes out that no one has ever done anything special for her birthday before, nothing at all.
She is actually crying tears of joy.
The more time I spent with her, the more I realized that we are incompatible due to religious reasons, but, she is still one of the nicest, sweetest people I have ever met, and I don't think I will ever forget the time I spent with her.  That is why I am here, the little, unexpected memories are the ones that
I will never forget.
Plus, I have met some other really special people in my travels.
I do have some more positive stories to tell, for a later date,

Don

capt david
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Meeting the penpals, or One in 40  Milli..., posted by don2222 on May 16, 2003

I guess that I?m lucky! Thank God! I met Era, along with about fifty more, on the Internet. Our first contact was in August 2001. Era is thirty years younger than me, works in SM mall, and makes $70 per moth. She is Church of Christ and religious. By December, It was down to her and two others that I was interested in meeting. I ?met? her aunt, who is married to a guy in North Carolina, and was impressed.
   Era has never asked for any money from me. I sent her and her mother and brother a small gift, with her aunt, for Christmas. I also sent $25 to buy them Dinner. Between then and June, when I visited her, I sent her money twice. I sent her money to get professional portraits, and fifty dollars for her birthday. She complained once about hurting wisdom teeth. I offered to pay, but she never mentioned it again.
  When we met, at my hotel, she brought two cousins. I offered supper but all refused, but did drink a coke and shared a piece of pie and ice cream. The next day Era, a cousin and I explored Cebu. After that we were left alone. I did take her mother and brother out to eat several times. We also took her aunt and cousins to Virgin Beach Resorts, for a couple of days.
  Because of her honor, we never did anything. I ?knew? that she would marry me if I asked, but I was not sure. After I returned, I missed her and decided that she is the one. Since I asked her to marry me, I have sent her some money every month, but not much. She is still working. As soon as she is contacted by the embassy I think that she will quit. I think I have a ?keeper?! I thank God for my luck. capt david
Mita
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thank God, I got luck!., posted by capt david on May 16, 2003

David,
She works at SM huh?  There are sooo many pretty young women working there.  I swear I would gawk at some of them myself whenever I'd shop, amazed (and a little envious of - hey, I'm a woman after all!) at their beauty.  
She's a pearl, a gem, a diamond!  Keep her and marry her before someone else snatches her away!!!!!!!!
Mita
Mark33
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thank God, I got luck!., posted by capt david on May 16, 2003

[This message has been edited by Mark33]

Captain,
     You seem like a very nice guy. But I hope you are taking care of your health issues,so this young girl will not end up being a nurse maid.  

I may get flamed for this, but in the past, you mentioned some health problems due to your weight. Are you making sure to watch your diet? have you lost weight? having such a big age diffrence can be an issue,that along with not being at the same level physically can make it a bigger issue.

Also, you do not want children.  What happens if a few years down the line she decides she really wants children? What happens when she finds out younger America men are attracted to her,and more than willing to start a family?

This girl sounds like a saint,and seems to be willing to give up so much to be with you. Try to make sure she feels lucky about having you in her life too. Otherwise,as Don says rescuing the damsel in distress may pose to be a big problem in the long run.

greg
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

on them lol..Anyway I'm curious to how you met non Catholic Christian Filipinas. What websites??? Church of Christ??? Interesting
capt david
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Captian, Don't U goo being Cheap, posted by greg on May 16, 2003

... and am still loosing about a pound a week. My blood pressure is 125 over 75 and cholestral is 140, with medications but I plan to lose at least another fifty pounds. thanks, capt david
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: