Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
August 31, 2024, 09:40:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little about the good ones that I have met.  (Read 7187 times)
don2222
« on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Okay, I thought I would make a post about the good ones that I have met.

J is one of the first that I met on this trip. She comes from a middle class family, and has never asked me for anything. She even pays for her own transportation to be able to visit me.  Her family is very strict, and she is one of my younger penpals.  My guess is that she is actually
seeing me due to being a little rebellious.  Her parents have advised her to wait until she finishes college to start a relationship.  Her English is perfect, she needs nothing financially, is very bright, but, she is just as stubborn as me.  We are probably not compatible enough for a long term relationship. But she is a great friend and teacher.

M visits me often to watch TV and take naps with me.  I am the most comfortable with her, and we sometimes sleep all day.  Very bright, kind and caring, and still a virgin.  I am sometimes tempted,
but her family is in a pretty desperate situation, there are always financial problems.
I know she would consider marrying me if I asked, but her family would be too much of a burden for me.
Really sad actually,  she is so very, very sweet and innocent, but her family would be like an albatross
on my back, I could never do enough, and wouldn't want to.

A is the one that I visited in Ilo-Ilo for her birthday.  She reminds me a lot of the southern belles that
I grew up with that knew just how to make a man feel so very special.  Very bright, polite, and giving, and
a very religious Seventh Day Adventist.  Another great tempation for me, but religion would probably always be a problem.  I am just not that religious.   We keep in touch, and she is a great friend.

R is the sister of one of my friends wife.  A lot of fun to be with, she is 25, but we can play like kids in the pool.  Very shy and bright.  Her sister is a great wife to my friend, and I think she would be the same with the man that chooses her.  Physically, she just doesn't do anything for me, but I would recommend her to any deserving man.

B is one that I met during my visit last October.  We dated about 10 times in October, and got along
pretty well.  I surprised her with my return visit this past March, and she just smiled and went back
to work.  A really nice person, but a little too reserved.  I guess i would prefer someone that is
more visibly  happy to see me after a 5 month absense.
I see her about once a week, and I still have to make the first move in a conversation.
The conversations are always good, and |I know she is interested in more, but she is just a
little too icy for me.

H is really sweet, and incredibly sexy.  She hates it if you comment on her beauty because she
wants you to see the person within.  Always fun to be with, very attentive, but too insecure.
She does always dress to flatter her figure and get attention.
She will text me at least 20 times after every time I see her. She reminds me of a highly strung little chihuahua.
Perfect for someone else, but just too much for me.  

There are more, but these are the truly nice ones that come to mind.  
Maybe my previous post made it sound as though I had not met any nice ones.
I have met some nice women, but just not that special one that tempts me to marry again, or maybe i am just not ready yet.
Only time will tell, and I am enjoying my education in the meantime.

Mita
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to A little about the good ones that I have..., posted by don2222 on May 16, 2003

It won't hurt to wait for the right one.  The right one is always worth waiting for.  It will certainly spare you a lot of heartache and regret in the future.  
Good luck.

PS.  right again about the women of Iloilo, that province has the reputation similiar to the US South.  

Esiang
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to A little about the good ones that I have..., posted by don2222 on May 16, 2003

I think you still haven't found  someone that fits for you....or maybe your not mean't to marry a Filipina.....

Enjoy, have fun dating lots of girls....

don2222
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A little about the good ones that I ..., posted by Esiang on May 17, 2003

Hi Esiang,
 It has been less than a year since my divorce, and I am probably still a little too hesitant to get very serious with anyone right now.  I am trying to give myself time to heal the wounds of a painful divorce.
I am here in the Philippines for a long time, and there really is no need for me to be in a hurry.
Maybe you are right, maybe I am not meant to marry a Filipina.  But, I am learning so much about myself, and especially about Filipinos, that I really do value my time spent here.
 My goal is not to marry, it is to meet people and make new friends.  Maybe, one of these friendships will be the love of my life, I do not know, but I am trying to benefit from the advantage of not being in a hurry.

Thanks,

Don

Ray
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Finding the right one..., posted by don2222 on May 18, 2003

Don,

You seem to be genuinely interested in learning all you can about Filipinos and Filipino culture, unlike many of the ex-pats that I’ve run into over there, who seem to be mostly interested in the women and the beer. I was curious if you have made friends with many male Filipinos that you spend time with. If you only associate with the women, then you will be missing out on the culture from the male perspective, which can be quite a difference sometimes.

I learned a whole lot in my early days about Filipinos and their culture from Filipinos that I worked with in the Navy and friends that I met while living over there. The men are more interested in politics, current affairs, world events, economics, business, and the subtleties of intercultural relations, etc. The women are primarily interested in watching TV, shopping, reading romance novels (pocket books), gossiping, and all that feminine stuff (easy girls, don’t kill me yet!).

It may be somewhat of a problem for you if you don’t drink, but I learned a lot of good stuff about the Philippines while sitting around in the evenings drinking beers and shooting the bull with the Filipino guys outside the neighborhood sari-sari store. Some of my Filipino friends invited me to stay in their homes and they were constantly introducing me to sisters, cousins, and other female acquaintances.

Anyway, don’t forget the male perspective when examining Filipino culture. And ask some of those guys why some Filipinos stare at you with the evil eye when you are with one of their women. They will be glad to explain it to you. It’s really a common reaction in most cultures, not just in the Philippines.

Ray

outwest77
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Learning about Filipinos, posted by Ray on May 18, 2003

You seem to have a good attitude towards Male filipinos, unlike a lot of guys i have heard in the past who say things like, "never trust a male filipino" who trys to befriend you blah blah,
I share your attitude about the males and made a few very very good friends on my last trip to the phils, men in their mid 30s one who i consider a trusted friend. Glad to see you are not down on the males .
Ray
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Learning about Filipinos, posted by outwest77 on May 19, 2003

Good for you!

I had male Filipino friends before I ever traveled to the Philippines. One good friend of mine even taught me enough survival Tagalog to get by on, which came in real handy when I did go to the Islands.

It's really not that unusual to find American guys who love the women but despise the men and much of the culture. I guess it's their loss...

Ray

outwest77
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Finding the right one..., posted by don2222 on May 18, 2003

[This message has been edited by outwest77]

Don

How many trips have you made this year, you sound like me, i have made 3 for 6 months total, maybe ur not there yet but you sure sound like you have spent a lot of time there, i am very fascinated how you manage to gracefully set up meetings with so many women without a lot of tears and drama

don2222
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Just out of curiosity..., posted by outwest77 on May 18, 2003

This is trip number 6, with my first trip being in February of 2000, I arrived this March, and will return to America this October. By the time I leave I will have spent about 18 months here.
A very few of the women have met me with very high expectations, but I try to keep a first meeting brief and casual.
Have not really had any real dramas to deal with yet, maybe I'm just lucky so far.
outwest77
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Just out of curiosity..., posted by don2222 on May 18, 2003

Now you are making me jealous, hehe, i was there, dec 26 to march 5, had a fabulous new years there, and late xmas bought some lights in the mall and hung them in the condo , celebrated both me and my gf bdays early january, hilarious cake episode. will post that above on the board.

sounds like you are having a great time, i am about to embark on a 4 month trip and hope it is fun, june, july, august, sept, should be a blast,
best of luck to you and keep us posted on your adventures.

don2222
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Just out of curiosity..., posted by outwest77 on May 19, 2003

Thanks,
 Let me know when you are here, maybe we can meet.

Don

outwest77
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Just out of curiosity..., posted by don2222 on May 19, 2003

Sure no prob, my yahoo is outwest7177 if you want to add me to messenger..........
nealt
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Don why not bring them all here i think it would make the USA a much happier place. At least for the men,the women here are like lumberjacks on vacation looking for a cook and maid

tneal

Bear
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

"B" is the one.  Simply because she isn't looking.  You'll have to court her and convince her of your intentions.  That was what I did with Honey.

Bear and Honey

don2222
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to What I think..., posted by Bear on May 16, 2003

Hi Art,
 Maybe you are right, but she is looking, she works at an internet cafe......

Don

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: