Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 09:03:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Easter to you from your friend, Jean  (Read 5603 times)
FilipinaCupid
« on: April 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Hello! Hi! How are you?  It's that hip hoppin', jelly bean poppin' time of the year - 'coz Easter's here! Ya know, when we were kids, my friends and I used to have a ball at Easter! We had egg hunt play-offs, egg decorating championships, bunny hop races and even Easter parades of our own!

Speaking of bunnies, I jus' found out, thousands of years ago, the rabbit was celebrated in ancient Egypt! No kidding! And the Easter Hare was a hot fave of kids in 16th century Germany! They built nests of flowers and kept them in their gardens.

The kids believed if they were good, then the Easter Hare would come & fill the nests with colored eggs! When the Germans migrated to America the hare hopped along with them! In America, instead of the hare, the Easter rabbit took center stage. Since then the Easter Bunny became the bringer of the beautiful eggs! Guess what? Easter is really one of my favorite holidays, 'coz it's filled with Easter eggs, jelly beans, chocolates and ...

Easter is an event that fills our heart with rejoicing and touches our soul.  It celebrates rebirth, renewal and rejuvenation.  For we Christians, it is the foundation of our faith and our destiny.  

I pray this is a blessed day for each of you and your loved ones as well.

Your friend always,

Jean

http://EverlastingLove.com  

@^:^@    I really like the name of my website today... don't you?

joemc
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Happy Easter  to you from your friend,  ..., posted by FilipinaCupid on Apr 20, 2003

Hi Jean,
       It's good to see a post from you, I always like
       your input.
                                joemc
greg
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Happy Easter  to you from your friend,  ..., posted by FilipinaCupid on Apr 20, 2003

Hi Jean, where have you beeeeeeeeen??? Good to hear from you again, stick around okey?? Jesus is Good
Stephen
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Hello Jean;

Good to hear from you again.  I was thinking of you just this week because Tess and I are flying to Cebu today.

Hope that you'll check in with us more often and let us know what's happening with yourself.

best wishes.

Stephen

Humabdos
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Be careful cat fighting after eating all those  Easter eggs things could get messy! ROTFLMAO!!!

What a thoughtful plug for your web site.

Hum

Humabdos
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to And ... HAPPY CAT FIGHTING JEAN!!!, posted by Humabdos on Apr 20, 2003

Didn't see it here you go!
http://www.asiancatfights.com/filipinacatfight1.htm
Dave H
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to For anyone who... , posted by Humabdos on Apr 20, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Hum,

I appreciate it! Somehow all of my bookmarks got deleted. I am glad you keep it in your favorites. Shocked)))

Dave H.

Humabdos
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks!, posted by Dave H on Apr 21, 2003

Typed in Filipina catfights to google and bingo! B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was her name... Remember that old song?

MEEEEOOOOWWWWW!!!!! Hiss Hiss!!

Hum

Dave H
OK!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Nope, posted by Humabdos on Apr 21, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Sorry Hum,

You had me worried for a minute! Hiss!! Shocked))) "B-I-N-G-O...B-I-N-G-O...B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name!"

Dave H.

Febtember
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Happy Easter to everybody.May the miracle of Easter fill your heart with joy,hope and happiness all.
Thank you Jean for explaining the Easter Hare.Since I arrived here in America and celebrate Easter twice this question linger on my mind about what the connection of bunny and egg hunting with easter.On my own understanding it just the kids maybe who wanted present during easter time.
I never heard about the easter bunny in philippines,or any other easter celebrations that is common in the U.S.
Matt
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

HI Jean! What a great website you have!

Jean, have you seen the Jimmy Stewart movie entitled
"Harvey", about a giant invisible rabbit (actually a pooka)?

Here is one of my favourite quotes from the movie:

Elwood P. Dowd: "Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" -- she always called me Elwood -- "In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. And you may quote me."

Thanks again for your outstanding website. Like your
American friend said, there are many hidden layers to
your website! LOL

Jeff S
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Good to hear from you. Thanks for the well wishes, too.

- Jeff

Dingo
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi Jean!, posted by Jeff S on Apr 20, 2003

Happy Easter Jean,
Well you're right.
The Pagan's used to celebrate the coming of Spring
with "Fertility" Rituals, "sex n' stuff"
Now, modern day Christians have just evolved it into
something else, eggs, bunnies and bonnets. Nothing really
to do with Jesus. It's all commericalized now just
like Christmas.  Oh well, lots of 50% off chocolate at
the drugs store today ;0)
Cheers Dingo
Windmill Boy
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hygiene !, posted by Dingo on Apr 21, 2003

Dingo

50 %  off  of  Chocolate   ha ha ha  you  couldn't  be  more  right.

But actually  at  work  yesterday  I   smashed  the  4 - 5  Chocolate centerpieces  that  we  made  (to  impress  the  2000  people  that  we  fed).   I  put  most  of  it (20 lbs plus)  into  the  big  mixing  machine  seperating  the  white  chocolate  from  the  mostly  dark  and  we  ground it/ crunched it up.   Then I  added  hot  cream  and  milk to  melt it and we  strained it  to make  Ganache -- the  chocolate  goo  that  you  find  inside  of  truffles  or  the  common  glaze  used  to  cover  Chocolate  desserts.

I  also  used  about  1/2  a  lb for  the  batch  of chocolate  sauce.

Total  utilization  --- yep  no  mercy  for  those  chocolate  eggs  and  bunnies.

I  did  miss out  on  the  Jelly beans  this  year  though   I'll  have  to  stop of at  Rite  aid  to  get  some  black  ones.

I  sent  a  couple  of  packages / Boxes of  Jelly Bellies along  with  some  other stuff to  my  girl  about  a  month  ago  but  I  made  the  mistake  of  sending  them  by  ship  to  Japan  because  it  was  half  the  price  instead  of  by  air.   I  don't  know  if  it  was  worth  the  grief  and  her continued anticipation  to  save  the  $ 6   ha ha ha.

I  saw  a female  friend  in LA  last  week  and  she  chastised  me  for  sending packages  by  ship  instead  of  air.  But  Masami  also called  me  a  dumb  dumb  for  not  noticing what  kind  of  Jewelry  my  Girl  was  wearing during  the  3  days  that I  spent  with her.  I  told  her  it  was  cold  and  she  was  bundled  up most  of  the time and I was looking at her not for Jewelry !

I  am  in  the  market  for  buying  Miho some  Jewelry  because  it  will  be  her  30 th  birthday  in  July.

Enjoy  those  marshmellow  Peeps   they  are  50  years  old  this  year.

Windmill Boy

Jeff S
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hygiene !, posted by Dingo on Apr 21, 2003

... were originally pagan rituals that Christian beliefs were added to. Easter was the vernal equinox ceremony (hence easter bunnies and eggs) and Christmas was the winter solstice (hence christmas trees and gift exchanges.) Both are celestial events relating to the changes of the seasons. Early missionaries simply found it easier to inject Christian stories into existing ceremonies than to create new ones.

- Jeff

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: