Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 03, 2024, 03:28:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for the board.  (Read 4214 times)
Jeff S
« on: April 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I've been ruminating on a post made by Greg, below, about the difficulty of bringing the children of Filipinas to the US when bringing their mothers on a K1 or K3. What has to happen? Isn't a K2 processed concurrently with a K1 or K3? What do those guys who are considering marrying a single or divorced mom? Obviously I'm not considering it, but I'll bet there are plenty of lurkers who are wondering about that.

- Jeff

greg
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question for the board., posted by Jeff S on Apr 21, 2003

to You is that there is no Guarantee that a Guy can get his Mahal or her kids to America from RP. His lady would need to pass her interview in RP before she can get her Visa. For example the Captain's fiancee Visa for his Mahal was approved in America, but she still need to go thur interviews etc before US Embassy will grant her a Visa to come here. It's not that simple to bring a Pinay to America..Can also depend on if INS approves a Guy's application for his Mahal..Just like it can be difficult to get Latinas and their children to America, same with the Philippines and other poor countries. Nooooo Guarantee...A Guy should seek a single never married, with no children Pinay from aboard..this in my opinion is a safe risk.  If a Guy get involved with a Pinay with children, the children's father may not allow the children to follow the mother to America, then the Guy got himself an unhappy Pinay. Already risky to bring a Pinay to America, so why should a Guy make it the more harder on himself??? As I said, bringing a woman and her child from Japan or other rich countries is no problem, trying to bring a woman and her child from poor countries is another story. Read DaveH's Post
Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Jeff..What I 'm trying to Explain, posted by greg on Apr 22, 2003

I understand what you're saying now. But just let me add, that  just because something is a bit more difficult (it's still the same INS K1 forms, interviews, travel time and expense, etc.) doesn't necessarily mean it's not worthwhile. I still think there are stability, maturity, and out and out gratitude advantages with hooking up with a woman with children - especially for older guys 45+.

An awful lot of younger ladies desparately want children, for instance, while not too many guys over 50 are reeady to start another family with new babies. Hey, for guys who want to, like Bear, I say, "fantastic!" and wish them the best, but many others just can't see it. That's what Don2222 claims split apart his marriage. I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there who'd commmit to raising a teenager or pre-teen for 4 to 8 years, but would think long and hard about starting a new family that would entail a 20 year committment to kids.

As I said below, I've never regretted raising my stepdaughter anc coulldn't love her more even if she were my own. If for some reason I found myself single again, I wouldn't rule out women with a teenaged or pre-teen child, even from a poor country, but I would rule out an early 20s girl praying for a family of her own.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

- Jeff

Ray
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Jeff..What I 'm trying to Explain, posted by Jeff S on Apr 22, 2003

Jeff,

Again, you make some good points. A single mother may not be for everyone, but for those considering that option, there is no reason to worry whether or not her children will be allowed to accompany her. As long as the child meets the age requirements, is not married, and passes the medical exam, the K-2 or K-4 visa is processed right along with the K-1 or K-3 petition, REGARDLESS OF WHICH COUNTRY SHE IS FROM. Implying that a Japanese woman would be able to bring her kids but a Filipina may not, simply because she is from a poor country is nonsense.

Some people love to look down upon single mothers and refer to them as “those kinda women” or  “Undesirables”, while referring to their children as unwanted “Baggage”. If that’s their opinion, then that’s fine, but to insult another man’s choice of a wife by using such derogatory terms only shows their immaturity IMHO.

Personally, I think you are a better man for making the choices that you did and I’m sure that you wife and stepdaughter know that as well. I say good for you and everyone else who chooses to marry a single mother!

Just my $.02

Ray

Ray
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Jeff,

His information was simply wrong. Bringing the kids along from the Philippines is no harder than it is for any other country. K-2 and K-4 derivitave visas are about the easiest to obtain of any and are approved almost automatically on the same petition.

Ray

greg
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Question for the board., posted by Ray on Apr 21, 2003

information isn't wrong. DaveH is posting what I tried to explain to Jeff. Yeah, Rye is always Right..thanks for the laugh hehe
Ray
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Rye my , posted by greg on Apr 21, 2003

Greg, if you have anything intelligent to add to the discussion, then please do so. If you are simply looking for a flame war, then please go somewhere else and play your games.

Bye...

Ray

greg
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Rye my , posted by Ray on Apr 22, 2003

Sergeant Master Gunner say Sir Yess Sir..You can't hear me??? Siiiiiiiiiiiiir Yesssssssssssssss Sirrrrrrrrrrr
Ray
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sir Rye, posted by greg on Apr 22, 2003

:-)
greg
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Take your TROLL ass and park it somewher..., posted by Ray on Apr 22, 2003

hehe
Dave H
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Jeff,

It can go quite smoothly and is easiest to apply for the child's Visa along with the mothers. Divorce is illegal in the Philippines and annulments are very expensive (by Philippine standards and not so cheap for Kanos)...reserved mainly for the wealthy. An annulment can also be next to impossible to obtain even with the money, if the other spouse refuses to agree to the annulment. The easiest thing is to try not to get involved with a married or "divorced" Filipina...if you know. That is where the problem lies, not with bringing the child itself. The woman may claim to have, but not actually have an annulment. Perhaps some ladies are hoping that the Kano will pay for it once they fall in love. Or maybe her 'ex-spouse' told her that he had obtained an annulment, when he didn't. The father of the child, if listed on the birth certificate, usually has to grant his permission for the child to leave the Philippines. I have not heard of too many difficulties with that. Sometimes it may require a 'gift.' A Visa for an unwed mother or widow is usually much easier. One must be prepared for potential difficulties if getting involved with a 'previously' married woman. Personally, I feel that the Philippine government is only making life much harder on women and some men by not allowing divorce. There are often VERY good reasons for divorce! Unless one prefers to be a martyr.

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: