Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 27, 2024, 11:47:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will your penpal ask about the War?  (Read 6975 times)
Matt
« on: March 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Matt]

Hi Everyone! Let us take a moment to pray for the fighting men of the United States and also for the innocents.

As for as this board, I was wondering how some may deal with penpals, friends, lovers, et al, asking questions or stating their opinions about the war in Iraq.

Here is a link some may find interesting.

http://www.charliedaniels.com/soapbox/03/234.html

http://www.charliedaniels.com/lyrics/flag.html

Good day!

outwest77
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Will your penpal ask about the War?, posted by Matt on Mar 20, 2003

She thinks that the war is in the usa also and was worried about my safety along with her friends and family who watched the news and told her.." is your bf ok"?,,,,,,,
I reassured her.................after telling her...."oh yes hon i hear the bombs exploding outside, we are all hiding".........WHAT?Huh?........lol just kidding hon, The war is only in Iraq, not in the USA, the only squirmishes we are having is the police and a few protestors.
Michael B
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Gf thinks, posted by outwest77 on Mar 21, 2003

Mine understands that the fighting is in Iraq, but she is really worried that we might have another terroist attack like 911.
SteveB
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

We r at war here also,,,we have a lot of deportation to carry out.
Dave H
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: My Gf thinks, posted by SteveB on Mar 21, 2003

Hey Steve,

If they started deporting people around S. FL, only Jay, Matt, me and our families would be left. LOL

Dave H.

SteveB
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Start Here!, posted by Dave H on Mar 21, 2003

I saw the interview or questioning of the family members of the latest terror guy they are looking for.  I say load the family up and ship them back.
Dave H
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Start Here!, posted by SteveB on Mar 21, 2003

Hey Steve,

Did you notice how the family doesn't seem to know anything about him. They can't even remember that he lived there. Deportation is too good for them. Maybe they should "Saddaminize" or "Osamanize" them. ;o)))

Dave H.

Dave H
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Outwest,

Many people in the Philippines asked my wife if she was still going to America after 9/11. They were convinced that it wasn't safe here after watching the news. My wife asked me and trusted my opinion. After flying almost 5 hours across the country several times and living here 1 1/2 years, she has a better idea how vast the US is and generally calm.

Hey, they were looking for a terrorist around my house today. Police were knocking on doors and searching a small woods nearby, near the mall. Supposedly another Mohamed Atta type ringleader who lived in the area. Good thing my son's friend, of Pakistani parents, came by later. LOL

Dave H.

Dave H
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Will your penpal ask about the War?, posted by Matt on Mar 20, 2003

Hi Matt,

One of the advantages of being married to a woman (most) from allied country like the Philippines or Japan. 100% support and hoping for US combat troops in the Philippines. My wife is just a bit frustrated with the poor news coverage (doesn't have cable) in the Philippines. I have tried to keep her updated.

Dave H.

Jay
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to No Problem!, posted by Dave H on Mar 20, 2003

[This message has been edited by Jay]

Hey Dave,

Tell Marife she's not missing much. I just spent the last 5 hours watching "the war" and saw one explosion. LOL!

Btw, passed the APR Alpha today with flying colors. no pun intended. ;-)

Jay

Dave H
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: No Problem!, posted by Jay on Mar 20, 2003

Hi Jay,

Congratulations! That is GREAT news! Like you ever had any doubt. LOL I sure didn't!  Thought maybe they might cancel flights today.

You're doing as good as me! I have put a lot of hours in watching the war and keep seeing the same explosion. LOL I am not a very good spectator. I don't even watch football on TV. (Please people, don't call me un-American. LOL) Like you, I wish I was there! Well, I can't do as much as certain people around here, ;o))) but I am 100% behind my country and troops! I will do whatever minor task it requires of me!

Dave H.

Jay
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Awesome! , posted by Dave H on Mar 20, 2003

[This message has been edited by Jay]

Thanks Dave!!!

I had SOME doubt, but not much. Planning next flight on Sunday. Got to watch the war! LOL! Weather and winds permitting, that will be the day. :-)

Jay

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: