Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 05:24:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry, but it will be quite a little time..  (Read 13283 times)
SteveB
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yikes!, posted by Ray on Feb 24, 2003

There will be plenty of bull for everyone!
Nathan
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'm sure..., posted by SteveB on Feb 24, 2003

enough to shovel for sure...I'm afraid that uncle Sam might be calling me back too after my last hitch in Slobovia.
I had no idea that all those kitchen gismos on swiss army knives were so lethal! By the way...sad to say, about half the population of Oregon is going to be leaving soon...they are all "Special Ops" guys, leaving only three cooks and
an MP that actually served in the regular Joe's army.
The Walker
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I'm sure..., posted by Nathan on Feb 25, 2003

Don is okay, he called earlier and is not leaving until tomorrow noon or so.

I do not understand where is Slobovia? I looked in the atlas and could not find it. And I knew there is a rangers regiment in Oregon or Washington somewhere up there but I thought all special forces were out of Fort Brag.

Oh about the rifle it is a very special rifle that was made especial and it was usually kept at the local reserved unit. I am sorry if I made everyone think it was kept here at home. It is "his" rifle as no one else is allowed to touch it but we do not keep it here at the house, well not too often. It shoots very large bullets as big as a big magic marker or a small "AA" flashlight. It has tremendous power and distance and is quite large compared to the usual military rifle I think it would be akward to carry but he says he will have it for emergencies only. He says he has his pistol for close work but I hope he never has to use it I do not want bad people that close to my darling. I especially do not want them close enough for him to use his knife. I want them all killed miles and miles away from him preferably in the next country.

VICKY

NW Jim
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I'm sure..., posted by The Walker on Feb 25, 2003

Slobovia/Outer Slobovia are slang terms for out of the way places. It's probably also his way of saying, "Honey, I can't tell you all the details, but don't worry."

There are Rangers at Ft. Lewis, Washington, but not Oregon; there are also Ranger units based in North Carolina and Kentucky.

As to your post above, yes Gerber is also the brand name of quality knives.  

Best wishes.

Dave H
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: I'm sure... places, posted by NW Jim on Feb 26, 2003

...except more secret. Shocked) I'm wearing my Gerber multi-plier tool as I type this. I also have several (much smaller than Don's big one) Gerber knives which I love.

Dave H.

Kreeger
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I'm sure..., posted by The Walker on Feb 25, 2003

Maybe that rifle is a Barnett .50 cal sniper special... I fired one in JOTC in Panama once.... ONCE....
The Walker
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to .50 cal..., posted by Kreeger on Feb 25, 2003

Well he says it uses the same bullets as "Maw Doose" that is how it sounds but I have no idea how it is really spelled, and he can get them anywhere there are US soldiers so he will not run out of ammunition. I don't know if "Maw Doose" is a gun or a tank or what but they are very much bigger than normal rifle bullets for deer or something.

I am waiting for him to call before he leaves on the airplane. He says he is "supercargo" on a transport airplane, and that he will sleep most of the way there. I rode on one with him once and he does sleep on them but I do not see how as they are very bumpy and noisy. He folds down several of the webbing seats and lays down across them and straps himself lightly so that he is not thrown on the floor by any big bumps and he ties a bandana over his eyes and just goes to sleep.

VICKY

SteveB
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: .50 cal..., posted by The Walker on Feb 26, 2003

What no bear skin blanket?
Jimbo
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: .50 cal..., posted by SteveB on Feb 26, 2003

Put a poncho on the outside. Put some bug juice on the inside, wrap the Rambo, hold the blanket in place with wooden punji sticks, and bake them in the desert until the Rambo is toasted!

Jim "Ram" bo

Ray
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: .50 cal..., posted by The Walker on Feb 26, 2003

ROTFLMAOCUMLTNTPINGDP!
Dave H
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I'm sure..., posted by Nathan on Feb 25, 2003

Hi Nathan,

Take it from me, you can get mortally wounded on a kitchen gizmo! I cut my finger the other day while washing a food processor blade. If it had nicked an artery, I might not be posting now. Also I blistered my fingers last week trying to remove a pizza from my Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven. There again, if my sleeve had caught fire I would have been toast. Did you ever eat "Hotdog Pizzas" while you were serving in Slobovia? If you did, we were in the same company. My momma invented those little babies. How did you like them?

Dave H.

SteveB
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Very True..., posted by Dave H on Feb 25, 2003

Dave, My mother used to wrap those rolls in a can around a hot-dog, baked them in a oven and called them pigs in a blanket,,,Earlier I told bear I was a mutt,,sheet,,maybe I am a hoosier-billy....part hoosier and part hillbilly,,lol

Steveb

Dave H
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Pigs in a blanket???, posted by SteveB on Feb 25, 2003

Hi Steve,

I also learned how to make pigs in a blanket with a piece of bread from my hoosier friend. Butter the bread on the outside. Put a piece of cheese inside, wrap the hotdog, hold the bread in place with wooden toothpicks, and bake them in the oven until the bread is toasted.

Dave H.

Nathan
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Very True..., posted by Dave H on Feb 25, 2003

Hey,

I ate too many of those hot dog pizzas...had to force them down after a while. If you were in the company
looking after slobo slobovic, we were mates! Hmm...I think Hum must be the only guy in Oregon who was not Special Ops.
Well, soon we might all ship out...I have my custom built
1245 tool Swiss Army Knife with me so Saddam's boys are toast!
 After winning the war there, I am going back to Mindanao, hanging out in my little house with the tin roof, and vegging. The only real concern is that sometimes when it rains or the wind blows at night, a green mango will fall from the overhanging tree and Wham! about 3 am.

Dave H
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes!, posted by Nathan on Feb 25, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Nathan,

It seems we were mates! After Colonel Šmegmalika was captured, I received a note from him telling me how much he enjoyed my  Krapne and also my Šajtlava. It reminded him of his mothers. Shocked)))

Dawid H.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: