Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 08:13:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birth Certificate Question  (Read 7736 times)
Howard
« on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Guys/Gals

Has anyone had any expirience in dealing with a Philippine BC with a clerical error on it???

The wrong sex is indicated on Gerlie's BC.  Do we need to fix it in order to get a passport and/or visa???  Are they allowed to use common sense when processing our paperwork???

I can assure you guys beyond a shadow of a doubt the sex of my fiancee Tongue  And if she is in fact male, thanks God the same sex couple rights are getting better in the US Tongue  LOL

Thanks in Advance,

Keep the Faith!

H

Honey
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Birth Certificate Question, posted by Howard on Jan 30, 2003

My friend Jona in Alabama had the same problem with her birth certificate. She paid a lawyer to correct the error because they wouldn't give her a passport.

Honey

BrianN
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Birth Certificate Question, posted by Honey on Jan 30, 2003

There has GOT to be one hell of a great joke line in this thread, only I don't have the genitalia to say it for fear of?  lol... lessee we got questionable sex issues, alabama, ummm, oh nevermind!
Dave H
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Birth Certificate Question, posted by BrianN on Jan 30, 2003

Hi Brian,

I wonder which is cheaper...a lawyer or a doctor to correct the problem? Shocked))) Trying hard to keep it "clean" myself. ;o)

Dave H.

Esiang
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Yes Howard,
          It is very common in the Philippines having clerical errors in BC. Good thing gerlie's error is just the sex thing, maybe by common sense the Registry people will  fix that. Is it also in her NSO BC, she's male??

If NSO BC, she's a female then there's no problem,
the BC required for passport is certified NSO BC.

The DFA in the Phils. are strict when it comes to papers, it should be free from any clerical errors.
          I hope Civil Registry people should be kind enough to fix it quick, it's their fault......

Ray
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Birth Certificate Question, posted by Esiang on Jan 30, 2003

Hi Howard,

Esiang is right. These kinds of errors are quite common in the Phils and the embassy is sympathetic to the problem. My wife's birth certificate also had the "Male" box checked instead of "Female" and her name was spelled wrong.

First step: Get the NSO certified copy and see what you have. If she already has a passport and it’s correct there, then she is O.K. The medical at St. Luke’s should also dispel any doubts :-)

If it's anything more than a simple misspelling of the name or such, then it will take a court order to change it officially, which could take a long time and cost big bucks. She should go to the Local Civil Registrar Office where the birth was recorded and ask about the procedures to fix it or get around it. What usually works best in these cases is obtaining a joint affidavit sworn to by 2 non-relatives who have known her preferably since birth and can attest to the fact that the official record is in error. You don’t need a lawyer for this and a good notary public can handle it all.

My wife has the joint affidavit and attached a copy to her birth certificate whenever she needed to submit it. The DFA accepted this with no problem when she got her passport and the embassy had no questions during her visa interview. As a back up, she also had a letter from her OB-GYN just in case (ROFL!).

Ray

Humabdos
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

"I can assure you guys beyond a shadow of a doubt the sex of my fiancee Tongue"

Tell us more Howard! He He He!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hum   P.S. Where that trip report?

Howard
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Birth Certificate Question, posted by Humabdos on Jan 30, 2003

Well... She looks great in a skirt, blushes when I make off-hand comments relating to sex and doesn't smell ANYTHING like Hamilton Tongue

I'd say that's pretty strong evidence Tongue

LOL

H

Dave H
HHH
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Birth Certificate Answers Tongue, posted by Howard on Jan 31, 2003

Hi H,

It's a good thing Gerlie doesn't smell like me! You might confuse us in the dark! ROFLMAO! It must be the "Triple H Effect." Haggis, Heat, and Hi Karate. Shocked))) Maybe it's a lady thing...my wife says she misses my smell when we're apart. :oD I think I look pretty good in my bonnie plaid skirt. LOL

Dave H.

Jeff S
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to HHH, posted by Dave H on Jan 31, 2003

Wasn't it Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer," who said that most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.

- Jeff

Dave H
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: HHH, posted by Jeff S on Jan 31, 2003

Hey Jeff,

You would not believe some of the food my Dad used to eat! It almost makes Philippine food look tame. ;o)))

Dave H.

Dave H
HHH
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Birth Certificate Answers Tongue, posted by Howard on Jan 31, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Thinking to myself..."What's up with this double post? I didn't click the button twice! Oh well...at least it can be edited, so I don't look like a complete idiot. Gee, I hope nobody can read my mind."

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: