Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 04:39:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: midnight at the oasis  (Read 7271 times)
Windmill Boy
« on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

well  I`m  killing  time  as my  laundrey  is spinning  away  in  the  background in  the microwasher. it`s about half the  size  of  a normal washer  and  drier.

For  the  most  part I  have  to  wash  away  my sins  ha ha ha  --- NOT!  but  mostly  to  get  rid  of  the  darn  cigarette smoke  that  permiates  everywhere  in  this  country.  hotel  lobbys  and  restaurants   etc.    It  seams  that  half  the  country smokes.  phillip  morris  and  RJR  must  love Japan.

Parting  is  such  sweet  sorrow ....

I  had  dinner with  miho  and I  gave  her  some  gifts again  especially  chocolates  and a  copy  of  some  of the pictures we  took together yesterday.  she  gave  me a couple  of  items  also as  a  surprise too.  I  had  a nice time  again  with  her tonight we both did  noodles. and  then  we  walked around  the  train  station@and goofed  around.  she  really  is  a  funny  girl.  kind  of just  blown  away  by the  care  concern  and  courtesy  that  she  and  others  have  shown  me so far.

I  hope  that  she  gets  the  idea  that i  am  single  with  no girlfriend  because  I  think  she  gets  confused  when  I  mention  some of  the  other japanese girls  that  I  know in  america , work  with  or  have  met  already  on this trip  just  as  friends.  She  thought  tonight that  I  had a  girlfriend   but I  hope I cleared that  up.

As  I mentioned  before, I  think  she  is  a  strong possibility  as  a  very  good  friend -- who  knows  maybe more.  

But  I  am  not  ready  to  fold  in  the  cards  yet  I  have  another  girl  of interest  in Kyoto  and  a cute friend  of  my  friend  who  is  single  will meet  me  in  Kanazawa  for  2  nights  after all  after   a  month  without a reply.

Though  it sure was  difficult  to  say  good  bye  to  miho  after having  3  days  worth  of  a  nice  time  together.  she  sure  exemplifies  many  of  the  traits  that I am looking  for  and  that I  do  not  find  in  the  american  culture  in general. For  now  she is  just  a  casual  nice  friend  but I  get  an idea  of  some  of  the  angst  that you  feel  when you  guys  have  to return  to  America  after  proposing  to  your  chica  with  out  being  able to  bring her with  you.

though  I  find  many of  the  things  that  occur  in  Japan  bizarre and quirky  overall  I  think  that  I  am in  sync  with  how  things  happen for the most part.  you  have  to  play  by  their rules  and  they  really  are  not  so  difficult  but  as  a  foreigner  you  can  live  on  the  edges  and  do  things  with  your  own  flair  without  being  another number.  culture  shock  was  not  so  bad  and  the  people  have been  good folks  as far as  I  am  concerned.  I`ll elaborate  more  when I  get  home  but  this  computer  has  no  chair  and  this small keyboard  is  killing  my  big  fingers I think.

Windmill Boy

Bob S
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to midnight  at  the  oasis, posted by Windmill Boy on Jan 30, 2003

"I think that I am in sync with how things happen for the most part."

I'm just glad to see you found your way by train back down to Tokyo from Kawagoe.  Did you make the connection to the other line at Omiya?  I hope you didn't get lost.

"as a foreigner you can live on the edges and do things with your own flair"

Ah yes, Gaijin Power.  Use it sparingly and carefully and you can get away with a lot.  How could they stop you?  They would have to use English to explain what you did wrong, and few dare to attempt that feat.  Easier to just let you go.

Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to midnight  train, posted by Bob S on Jan 31, 2003

Mariko is astounded at what I can get away with in Japan. I But, I also use the power sparingly. She, on the other hand, has to adjust back to being a Nihon-jin ona quickly when we visit, after living 17 years in California.

- Jeff S.

Howard
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to midnight  at  the  oasis, posted by Windmill Boy on Jan 30, 2003

WB,

Sounds like you are having a great time!  I am very happy for you, knowing that feeling myself Cheesy

Just thinking out loud here...  I know everyone has their own criteria for the "Successful Relationship" and being individuals, our needs vary from one to another... AND Personally, I never realized this until it found me--I was oblivious to the simplicity--BUT, personally, I find myself MUCH better off with someone that I have fun with.  It's the one ingredient missing in every relationship I have had, except the one I am now in with Gerlie.  I realized it at the begining of our relationship, when I was in the "Why will this one work when the others have failed miserably?.." stage, very early on.  It was like someone turned on a light in my darkened room!  For me it's key to be buddies with my girl and Gerlie just happens to feel the same way Cheesy  Not that it will work for everyone, but you seem to like Miho so much as a pal that everything else may come very naturally.  I'm sure you've already thought of this, but I wanted to put in my $.02 Smiley

Keep the Faith!

H

Ray
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: midnight  at  the  oasis, posted by Howard on Jan 31, 2003

[This message has been edited by Ray]

Youre absolutely right Howard! If you can fall in love with and marry someone who is already a good friend and someone who you can have fun with, youre already 10 steps ahead of the next guy.

I like to use the fart test for compatibility. Maybe Windmill can try it on his trip.

Rays Compatibility Test for Prospective Wives:

1. Eat a can of beans, preferably Taco Bell Refried Beans.

2. Ask your lady friend to pull your finger, and then rip a big loud one.

3. If she says something like You disgusting oaf! and walks away, you probably just saved yourself from a lifetime of misery.

4. If she busts out laughing, theres an excellent chance that shes the one.

5. If she busts out laughing and then farts back at you, by all means marry her on the spot!

If you can spend the majority of your married days laughing together, then youre surely blessed.

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wise thoughts, posted by Ray on Jan 31, 2003

Hey Ray,

It's a good thing you didn't try that on Kevin!!! ROFLMAOCUMLTNTSIMP!!! What do you do if you fart, she busts out laughing, farts back at you and then pulls the covers over your head? Shocked)))

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Scary thoughts..., posted by Dave H on Jan 31, 2003

:-)
Dave H
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dump Her!   n/t, posted by Ray on Jan 31, 2003

Hey Ray,

I thought you were going to say worship her and the bed she farts on! ;o)))

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Oh..., posted by Dave H on Jan 31, 2003

I'll go along with that idea Dave. See, I'm flexible... ROFLMAO!

Ray

BrianN
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

From another thread...

Just don't use the VOMIT approach - (I gotta kick owda dis wun)

Visit Once Marry ImmediaTely.

(heh heh, maybe your big fingers are killing that keyboard!  ha!)

Sorry I'm only half as good as the rest of the bunch at punchlines.

:^)

PS: Since you're a pastry chef, Japan should be a feast for you, imo, they make the bestest and most precisionest looking and tasting things I've ever had next to.. nevermind.

joemc
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi W.B.
     The Japanese are well known to being concern and very
     polite people. It is good to hear from you and good
     luck.

joemc

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: