Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 03:49:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Scammers....  (Read 3343 times)
Stephen
« on: January 08, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Just below is a comment about ladies who are perhaps scamming.

There has been discussion of whether one nationaltiy has more "scammers" than another country.

My observation is that it means that FINDING WOMEN OVER THE INTERNET IS A DANGEROUS THING AND YOU'D BETTER KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN.

Yes, it's possible to find a good lady in the chat rooms, etc......but the odds of catching the wrong kind are much greater.

This is why I believe that correspondence is the better way to go.  Then if you are interested in the lady you can start telephone/email communication.  Then you may decide to go see her in person.

This is just my opinion.  Feel free to disagree with me.  

Stephen

juio99
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thoughts on Scammers...., posted by Stephen on Jan 8, 2003

Stephen, part of your message is very curious.  Your use of the word correspondence.  I correspond with many women all of the time on the internet chat sites and via e-mail.

I gather from your comments you don't feel this qualifies as correspondence.  So what is so special about snail mail (I guess this is what you are referring to) that will help guys find less 'dangerous' women.

A rather curious state of affairs.  In your view, if a lady corresponds via snail mail, she is less dangerous (re scamming I guess) than the very same lady who might be on the Internet and corresponding via e-mail.

Sorry to jump on you, but you know that any time you talk about 'the odds' you are setting yourself up unless, in fact, you do have some verifiable statistics; which we all know no one has regarding this topic.

I suspect the root of your feelings is that ladies who are Internet capable are somewhat more savy and sophisticated than those who are not.  That is probably true.  Now whether that translates to a more 'worldly' woman who is more 'dangerous,' well I don't think we have much to support that.  For me, I don't have time to do snail mail with anyone, male or female, so I would never get involved with a lady via snail mail.  No e-mail, no go.

Mita
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

True to a point, Stephen.  I had an online American friend who met another American online.  They met in person a few times, became intimate, she borrows his money, she borrows again, she dumps him for another guy with more money.
It seems like she had been doing this for some time.  Just meeting men on the internet, meeting them in person and borrowing money from them and moving on. Strangely enough, I met her online too and found her to be a very nice and pleasant person.  She just had the habit of "borrowing money"  I guess.
My friend was very hurt by the whole experience (he really fell hard for the scammer) but in time found another American woman he eventually married.
shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I don't think it matters anymore how you meet, the most important factor is to take the time to get to know the person.

This entails much more than chatting or correspondence, it entails spending time together to get to know each other. The less time two people have in each others physical company to get to know each other, the greater the chances are that the relationship will fail.

Correspondence over time can fill in many gaps, and in many cases you can learn things about each other through correspondence that you might not know in the same period of time otherwise, but there is no substitute for time spent together.

Communication is the most important ingredient, regardless of how you meet.

Just my opinion.

Larry.

Jeff S
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thoughts in general, posted by shadow on Jan 8, 2003

As I've posted quite a few times before, there's no substitute for one-on-one time together. Finding a soul mate isn't a contest to see how fast or how cheaply you can get the task over with.

- Jeff

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: