Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 03, 2024, 02:25:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pinoy New Year....  (Read 18986 times)
Willy
« on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

My wife is waxing nostalgic now, more about the new year than for Xmas, for her beloved homeland and pamilya.  She talks of the feast they will all have, the firecrackers that will be lit, the fireworks, the noise and singing etc...We would like to be there, in the Phils next year at this time, but we are buying a house this year, and it may not be financially possible.  Yes, it's true, i am as homesick as she is, but maybe not for the same reasons.  Things i miss in no certain order, and most may have some relation to food:
1. Jeepneys
2. Goldilocks
3. Chow King
4. Of course my family, maybe this should be #1
5. Trips to the beach
6. Malls
7. Cheap everything
8. Seafood, fresh!!
9. Our favorite hotel, the Royal Palm in Ermita
10. Yes, even Manila holds some fascination with me
11. Trips to the market
12. My favorite province, Pangasinan

I could go on, guess i'm just reminiscing, indulge me.  Well, we now have 2 months before our new addition will be here, our son!!  We cannot wait.  Life is good, and the holidays were great.  My mom just adores my little Filipina.  I can't imagine life w/o her now. How the heck did i ever get by before?  Thank God I found her.  Hope all you guys had a great holiday, and have a prosperous New Year,

Regards to all
Willy

Surigao Ken
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Pinoy New Year...., posted by Willy on Dec 29, 2002

n/t
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: