Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 02, 2024, 01:46:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: venting  (Read 168353 times)
Stephen
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: venting, posted by Jay on Sep 7, 2002

Kevin:

Watch the Oklahoma University/Alabama football game.  3:30 PM eastern time.  Perhaps this will calm you down.

There are no Filipinas playing football today.

After the game we'll talk more.

Stephen

PS....If Oklahoma loses then I'm gonna be crazier than you are now!!!

kevin
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: venting, posted by Stephen on Sep 7, 2002

like cleaning my car and preparing food recipes.  Besides I'm not into football anyways.  Thanks for the advice though, and enjoy the game.

I can say this though.  If you can get crazier than what I am now, if Oklahoma loses, then it either means 1) your hierarchy of needs are fulfilled, or 2) you must have bet big bucks and lost.  My brother used to really be passionate about the Patriots (he still is but he's matured about it).  When they'd lose, he nearly lost it.  I used to wonder how he could become that upset over a football game, then I'd say (although unlike other people who participate in betting pools) he must be betting big bucks to get that upset.

- Kevin

kevin
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to venting, posted by kevin on Sep 7, 2002

Hi Jay.  I just read your posts.  They were very long.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.  I've got to let this stuff sink in.  It is very sobering indeed.

I must say that as of now, I'm going through a new personal depression.  Hopefully it's very short.  At moments, I feel like I just want to give up.  Yet part of me wants to be fulfilled and live a brighter life.  To think that I'm disdained by the nice Filipinas associated with this board, yes it hurts.  I just feel like plain dirt no matter what.  What can I say.  I'm just a guy.  An average guy.  Maybe my place for happiness is not on this Earth.  I don't know.

Let me say this Jay.  I don't think I'm totally bad.  I am keeping more and more of an arm's length or distance from certain family members.  They can think or beleive what they choose to think or beleive and try repeatedly drilling all this crap in my head.  I know what I want out of life to make life worthwhile.  To live solo and celibate, or to choose a mate in conformity with the so-called norms in America are not what I want out of life.

I'm trying to grow as an individual.  Do the things I like.  I thought I came a long way since the divorce and then nearly having been taken in by a TNT.  I've been cigarette free since January 27, without the aid of Nicorette (I thought that was impossible, for I relied on that before when I was 7 months smoke-free for a brief period afterv the divorce, inspired by my 2nd. ex).  I'm actually feeling better physically.  After the 8th. or 9th. month, the lungs are supposed to clear up.  My health was falling into serious condition when suddenly my bronchial tubes would seize up and I was suffocating from within.  Twice, I'd made unplanned visits to the emergency room to get emergency medicine.  In February I was diagnosed with asthmatic bronchitis.  Sinnce then, up until May, I'd have varying bouts of breathing difficulty (I guess that's what having asthma is like; never had it when I was little).  To the present, I'm still dependent on 2 different inhalers as prescribed by the doctor.  I guess it takes along time to get out of the system.

It is a very good feeling to be finished with graduate school.  It is now that I'm really looking forward to do the things I enjoy and buy the things I want.  It's September now.  School just started.  Autumn is coming.  Now I'm looking forward to things associated with autumn I otherwise didn't have time to enjoy.  In October, I'm going on a 3-day weekend camping trip to the Catskills in New York (state).  I look forward to garden decorating with squash, gourds and pumpkins, and experimenting cooking autumn recipes.  I'd just better not sip too much Blue Moon pumpkin ale while I'm in the kitchen because I'll burn whatever I'm cooking.

I forgot what else I was going to say.  If it's important, it will come back later.  I'll talk to you later.

Cheers,

Kevin

DanAndChed
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Mares gave birth to Dannise Chlaire on 4 Sep at 2:00 PM.  Me and mom haven't been getting much sleep lately, so sorry for the late post.

We're both real happy and hope y'all find similar happiness.

Dan and Mares

NoNamePinay
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to It's A Girl, posted by DanAndChed on Sep 7, 2002

Hi Dan & Mares,
Congratulations on the new addition to your family!!! Welcome to the world of parenting Smiley. Parenting is a huge challenge and I'm sure that both of you will do fine.
Enjoy your new baby... & All the best to you both!!!
I like her name it's cute Wink

NNP

Dave H
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

N/T
Windmill Boy
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Dan  and  Mares

Congratulations on  the  birth  of  your  new  girl. take  lots of  pictures and  get  the  sleep  and rest  when you can.  God  has  given  you  a great gift  but  with it  will come  all  of  the 3 00 AM  challenges  too.  It is  so  nice  to  hear  such  happy  news  like  this on the  board.

windmill boy

Howard
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

asd
Stephen
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

To the little one....welcome to the world Smiley

Stephen & Tess

Bear
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

nm
Peaches
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

n/a
Ray
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

:-)
Patrick
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

I've made quite a few improvements including search by message, search by subject, and search by username.  There may still be some bugs I haven't found yet, so if anyone finds anything wrong, please post it here on the board.

Thanks,  Patrick

Ray
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Search engine now working again, posted by Patrick on Sep 7, 2002

Hi Patrick,

It looks like you’ve been busy :-). The option to jump to the thread when you view the message works great. I like that.

Searching phrases: seems to be some bugs here.

If I search an unquoted two-word phrase, most of the time I get the error message. Occasionally, the search will run but the resulting messages that it finds don’t always contain both words (contains either word). For example, search Asian for PIG FART, I get an error message. If I search “PIG FART”, same error message. If I search for PIG, it works. If I search for FART it works. But it won’t take the phrase, either quoted or unquoted. If I search BAD DAY, it runs, but the results will not always contain both words. Searching for “BAD DAY” gives an error.

Similar problem with searching user names. It won’t take a “phrase” or compound name (JEFF S, DAVE H, etc.). If I search for DAVE, it will find any users containing DAVE. If I want to search for DON J, it won’t take it. If I search DON it finds all kinds of names that contain DON (DON J, DONB2222, DONNAVICTORINA, etc).

Keep up the good work Patrick!

Ray

Patrick
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks!, posted by Ray on Sep 7, 2002

Thanks for the feedback.  I tried to reproduce the errors and here's what I got-

Searching by message for pig fart-  6 hits, all of which contained both pig and fart.
Searching by message for "pig fart"- 0 hits

Searching by subject for pig fart-  0 hits
Searching by subject for "pig fart"-  0 hits

Searching by message & subject for pig fart- 6 hits (same as above)
Searching by message & subject for "pig fart"- 0 hits

Searching by message for bad day- Many hits.  "day" is one of the words considered irrelavant by the search engine and is discarded before the search is done, so the result is that only "bad" is searched for.  I took the list of irrelavant words from an article I read on search engines.

Searching by message for "bad day"- 5 hits, all contained the exact phrase bad day.

I was also able to search for compound usernames both with, and without quotes.  I tried using single quotes as well to see if I could force an error, but was never able to get one.

What does the error message say?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: