Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 01, 2024, 07:30:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Howard - I've ben wondering ...  (Read 2396 times)
Windmill Boy
« on: August 20, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Howard

I've  been  putting  in long  hours at  work  (money  towards  the  Japan  fund right, I keep  on  telling  myself).  So  during  some  Pastry production time  late  in  the  evening,  I  was  either  listening  to  the  Dead (skeletons  from  the  closet)  or  I  think  I  was  talking  with  someone  about  out  early  concerts  and  they  mentioned  Missing  Persons  (Zappa  Connection  came  to  mind).  So  For  some  reason  your band popped  into  my  conciousness  so  fess up ...

1.) Hows  the  band  doing?  (your the  drummer  right?)  Mickey  Hart  and  Bill Kreutzmann's  duel  drumming on  lovelight probably  triggered  this  inquirey (Neil Peart  is  my  favorite  though)

2.) Working  on  any  tagalog  numbers  for  the  set  list?

3.) Have  you  sent  a  demo  tape  to  Gerlie  yet?

4.) Is she interested  in  lead singer  or  at  least  background  harmony?

Strange minds want to know ---  ha ha ha

Winidmill Boy

Howard
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Howard - I've  ben  wondering ..., posted by Windmill Boy on Aug 20, 2002

Windmill Boy,

I already pass an application letter to Howard stating that I am much interested for the position as a lead singer but he just turn me down:( He's afraid that people might discover my hidden talent and I could have no time for him.LOL Besides I already have a commitment as a back up for him when he farts.....hehehe......

Keeping the Faith

Gerlie

kevin
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to (GERLIE)Re: Howard - I've  ben  wonderin..., posted by Howard on Aug 21, 2002

I hope you're immune from passing out.  Anyways, I'm sure your eardums have to be accustomed to high decibels.  Speaking of farting and musical instruments, the toilet bowl is quite the wind instrument.  But that might be a modification of Benjamin Franklin's glass harmonica which you seldom hear of nowadays.

- Kevin

Howard
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Howard - I've  ben  wondering ..., posted by Windmill Boy on Aug 20, 2002

Windy Tongue

These are my answers and the next post is Gerlie's, she found your post adorable Smiley  For some reason she can never quite get her computer to post here on a consistant basis Sad

1)  LORD NO!!!  Drummers are the Anti-Howard!  I am guitarist/vocalist and think far too clearly to be a drummer Wink Inside joke ;P  BTW:  Mars is the drummer Wink

The band is fine but on hold Sad  With Mom's estate added to the mix something had to take a back seat.  I can't give up gerlie Tongue  I'd LOVE to give up my job!  LOL  But, it was the band that had to be pushed aside so that I could get my stuff back together.  We're starting to record again in the next few weeks to FINALLY complete our album--LONG story, mostly drummer related!  LOL

2)  Yes, but Dave H will have to be my lyricist Tongue

3)  No and and she has been very patient!  See, I want to make SURE she's totally in love with me before she hears me play and sing.  I figure I have a better chance of keeping her that way Tongue  LOL

4)  According to her, she has a terrible voice and has had trouble learning guitar.  I assured her she just needs a better teacher Wink  LOL

Hope that answers your questions Tongue  LOL  Thanks for caring Cheesy

Keep the Faith-- Hahaahaa

H

Windmill Boy
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Howard - I've  ben  wondering ..., posted by Howard on Aug 21, 2002

Howard

Thanks  for  the  response.  I apologize  for  the  Drummer  mix  up.  I  have a  good  amount  of  respect  for  musicians ---  not  everybody  is  cut out  for  doing  it.  I have  an early  1970's  Epiphone  bass  in  the  corner in  its case  gathering  dust.  Any  friction  with Mars  Yet?

Actually  I  frequently  plate  up  desserts  and share  the  same  room  with the  muscians  on  their  break  because  they usually  don't  play  while  the  party  is  eating  dinner  (the  course  before  mine).  I  think  however  they can  be  a  really  wierd eclectic  bunch of  people  sometimes though  they  discuss  and  do  the  strangest  things.  

Being  so  close  to  LA   I  am always  amazed  that  many  times  these  guys are  session  players  and  dont  even know  the  other  guys  they are  playing  with  and  they are  introducing  themselves to each other  during  the  break as  they  are  scarfing  down  some  food that  is  provided for  them, usually  they  eat quite  well.

A couple  of  weeks  ago  there  was  a  band, a  quartet / quintet  of  acapella  gospel singers,  and  a  DJ  walking  around  at  this  wedding.  (Show  me  the  money  ka-ching  ka-ching).  Some  of  them  were  eyeballing  my  spice  cake that I  was plating  up too, and  I  had  to tell them  they  couldn't  have  any.    I  was  off on  the saturday a while  ago that a  cake artist  made  a  wedding  cake that looked like  a Piano  and drove it  down to  us  from San Francisco. Kenny  G  was the  Grooms  best  man and  jammed  - but  I  probably  did  not  miss  too  much  there.

Howard  I  think  you  might  have  a  keeper  with Gerlie.  Any woman will  stand  behind / beside  you like  that and  back you  up,and  even   write  about  it is  worth her  grain  of salt.  Though  barking  spiders and  dust frog  Humor is  not usually  my  cup  of tea.

I  can't  wait to meet my  Thai  friend  on  Sept  10 th in  LA  she  has a  similar style  of no  holds  barred -- verbally expressing  herself.  I  asked  her  to  postone  our  meeting  1  hour  later  since  I  have  Japanese  class in  the  morning  and  then  have  to  drive down  to LA.  she  made  me  laugh when  she  said  no problem, I'll  be  the  one  with the  short  hair  and  big  chest  and  my  cousin  is  the  good  looking  one.  she's  got a  boyfriend  and  the  cousins  married  but  it  should  be  interesting anyhow.  The  girls might get rowdy and  rambunctious during  their  get  together reunion.  because  as  we all know --- when  the  cats  are  away   the  mice  will  play  ha ha ha.

Finally  you  should  have  a  song  on  your  demo  called  KEEP THE FAITH  after  the  saga  and  turmoil  and  pot  of  gold  at  the  end  of  the  rainbow  you've  experienced in  the  last 2  years.  Or  is  that  too  close  to  Billy Joels  song  for your  comfort level?

Windy  the  Zipping  Zephyr    ha ha ha  (only  when  alone)

Dave H
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Howard - I've  ben  wondering ..., posted by Howard on Aug 21, 2002

Hi H,

I was anxiously awaiting your response to the "drummer" question! "LORD NO!!! Drummers are the Anti-Howard!" ROFLMAO!!!

"Lyricist"...Gee Thanks! But, I have to work together with my collaborator...Mr. Jimbangles. You know like Lennon & McCartney, Taupin & John, Rogers & Hammerstein, Jimbo & Dave... Shocked))) I don't want to push things since I'm only the lyricist, but I was thinking that maybe you could add some "bottom" to a few of the songs, with Kevin on his "porcelain tuba." :oD

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: