Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 12:39:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update and request for Info  (Read 2719 times)
dennis64
« on: September 15, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

I have to thank all the people on this board for helping me and my wife (yes, that's right...she's my WIFE now!lol) going through the immigration process.  My wife received her visa and arrived from Cebu on August 13th.  We got married on the 23rd and I can only hope that everyone can be as happy as I am.

I do need some info.  What forms do you send (and to where) to let immigration know that you've married within the 90 day visa period? I know you guys will help on this.  Thanks!!!

Dennis

Ray
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Update and request for Info, posted by dennis64 on Sep 15, 2002

…and best wishes to you and your bride.

You need to file an I-485, along with a bunch of other forms, to adjust her status to permanent resident.

Start reading here:

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/hdifiance.htm

Ray

Humabdos
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Update and request for Info, posted by dennis64 on Sep 15, 2002

I don't know about the forms you need but I have a question for you. How lond did it take for you to get the first NOA when you filed your I129F? Also did you go through nebraska service center? And finely how long after the Approval notice did it take for her to get the Visa. Where is your wife from?

Humabdos

PS It's been six months now and no approval yet!!!
I had my congresswoman call the INS and find out what's going on and they told her it is undergoing a security check sence 9-11-01.  My mahal Sallie is from Mindanao so maybe that is the delay.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: