Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 06:58:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q about AOS  (Read 5760 times)
romachko
« on: July 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Ref AOS - If anyone, who went through this route recently, could help us on the following particular issue, we would appreciate it.

USIS sent my wife the following notice in conjunction with I485 filing: Please submit a properly completed Supplement Form to I-693, Adjustment of Status Applicant's Ducumentation of Immunization.

Apparently, the Supplement Form is not I-693 itself, since I-693 must be carried by the applicant to her interview, not to be sent by mail. She has already seen by USCIS approved civil surgeon, who completed I-693. Where can we find Supplement Form?

Thanks in advance.

romachko
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Q about AOS, posted by romachko on Jul 24, 2005

Thanks all for info.

I found that the doctor, who filed I-693, gave us a photo copy, among which we found supplement form. Supplement form is not a part of I-693, however. So, anyway, I asked CIS  if a photocopy was OK. She said OK; so, we sent it with a note that my wife will carry the sealed I-693 to her interview.

It takes a long time to get through a maze of "if..., press XX...." pre-recorded telephone service. A speaker phone is the only device that keeps you from turning insane. Hopefully this will be the last hurdle.

Ray
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Is she a K-1? If she got her vaccinations during her visa medical exam overseas, then she may have received a Vaccination Supplement from the examining physician, which shows her vaccination status. This is what they are looking for.

K-visa holders don’t need to get another medical exam for Adjustment of Status, so the original I-693 would be in her immigration file. Did she get another immigration medical exam here in the States? Does the new I-693 include vaccination documentation? If so, then send them a photocopy.

Ray

Bobby Orr
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I just remember the vaccine supplement form needed to be attached in the I-485 packet.  Maybe you forgot to attach it with your packet?  Or, maybe they made you see a civil surgeon for the examination another time, which seems odd because your wife should have had it in Russia, hence the re-do should be waived.

It seems the requirements have changed since I submitted my AOS late November 2004.  Since I am in the NYC area my case will not be considered until 2007 or so.  You are lucky they have even got to you.  By the time they get to me they will probably make me fill out the stuff people are filling out now. It is all just a huge PITA.

Ray
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Q about AOS, posted by Bobby Orr on Jul 25, 2005

2007? Now that's slow!

But there is one big advantage to waiting that long for AOS processing. If you have been married at least 2 years at the time they approve her AOS, she will receive the 10-year permanent Green Card and you won't have to mess around with the Removal of Conditions.

Ray

Bobby Orr
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Q about AOS, posted by Ray on Jul 25, 2005

Right now they are up to December 23, 2002.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: